Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbn

Will this multivitamin give me acne?

This multivitamin looks really good, has lots of vitamins and minerals and since I exercise it looks good for restoring energy. However, the only thing that's bad about it is that it has 100% the daily value of iodine.

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_pro...=3#prodIngdCont

Do you guys think I should take this vitamin or should I avoid it? Thanks.

Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Chloride, Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C), Calcium Carbonate, Dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Magnesium Oxide, Ginseng Root (Panax Ginseng) Standardized Extract, Ferrous Fumarate, Niacinamide, Modified Food Starch, Crospovidone. Contains Less than 2% of: Acacia, Beta-Carotene, BHT, Biotin, Boric Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Cholecalciferol (Vit. D3), Chromium Picolinate, Citric Acid, Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Corn Starch, Cupric Sulfate, Cyanocobalamin (Vit. B12), FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, Folic Acid, Gelatin, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hypromellose, Magnesium Stearate, Maltodextrin, Manganese Sulfate, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Nickelous Sulfate, Phytonadione (Vit. K), Polyethylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Iodide, Pregelatinized Corn Starch, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vit B6), Riboflavin (Vit. B2), Silicon Dioxide, Sodium Ascorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metavanadate, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenate, Sorbic Acid, Stannous Chloride, Sucrose, Talc, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vit. B1), Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherols, Tribasic Calcium Phosphate, Vitamin A Acetate (Vit. A), Zinc Oxide. May Also Contain Less than 2% of: Ascorbyl Palmitate, Calcium Stearate, Dried Corn Syrup, Sodium Aluminosilicate, Sunflower Oil.

I wouldn't take it... I'd start by increasing my intake of nutrient-dense and properly prepared food first and foremost.

switch to mercola vitamins, he uses albion chelated minerals, perhaps the best available. and its not a tablet its in a capsule, which can also be opened and mixed directly with food.

I think its one of the best available.

and this iodine thing, im not sure its a big deal.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

I have used this vitamin because I needed one and it was the only decent one readily available in my house and it didn't make my acne any worse. I ran out and my face looks the same...if anything it looks worse since I've stopped taking it. Just wondering I've heard about the iodine link with acne before and I debated taking this vitamin in the first place because of it but what if we don't use iodized salt at all. None. Will I still get the trace amounts that I need for normal thyroid function? I use sea salt and it is not iodized and I don't eat seaweed or anything with iodine in it.