Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
recoverme

Please REFORM my SLEEPING HABIT..

I believe that my sleeping cycle is a big cause of my acne (also diet)

My lifestyle in general right now is not so good because I am still battling depression.

But anyways,

I sleep and wake up at different times late. Usually sleep around 4-5 am and wake up at like 2-3 pm.

What tips do you have for me to sleep EFFICIENTLY?

please be specific, and detailed.

This is like a BOOT CAMP thread for me.

I think this isnt really that bad, your still getting 10hours of sleep...

Efficiency: make your room as dark as you can...

I disagree with previous reply, people sleep to relax there body and unwind themselves, but we need to sleep according to the biological clock of our body which is described as called circadian rhythm. Which is very essential as it controls the well being of human body for example people who sleep in the day and wake up in the night have massive psychological issues like depression, irascible, and prone to decreased IQ, so try to sleep early and wake up early.....

when you wake up early and you have nothing to do... try to do YOGA an excellent remedy to cope depression as it will fortify your thoughts and give you positive energy and in some cases reduces your body weight.... yoga is a wonderful thing please buy or download DVD from internet and practice yoga..

And mark my word never keep your room dim or dark or dull, bright light causes brain to sharpen and produces hormones that will prevent depression, its called light therapy...... so keep your room with adequate light and think positive and do yoga( mainly breathing exercise which decreases anxiety)

and best of luck........ :)

Firstly why do you sleep at those times, are you a shift worker or student or do you not work at the moment?

note on previous comments, although I agree light therapy is a powerful tool in depression and regulating sleep I have found that, as someone who has trouble sleeping also keeping my room dark has helped me sleep as I am a light sleeper and tend to wake up easily at around 5am in the summer feeling anxious due to the sun when I have not slept enough ......but thats just my experience.

shift workers can find black out surtains useful, as long as you open them in the mornings and allow your body to adjust I dont see why they cannot be used as a tool if you HAVE TO sleep at non conventional times.

If you don't have to sleep at non conventional times then try train your body to sleep at night. This can be supported using a variety of techniques depending on the cause of your unconventional sleeping patterns.

:)

A natural remedy you could try is cammomile tea as part of a sleep routine. Maybe have a bath, a cammomile tea and then read a book for an hour or so. Perhaps don.t allow yourself to sleep in. Try setting your alram ealrier then you may be tired at night and thus sleep ealrer

Is it the case that you cant sleep or cant swtich off your mind? I have also been battling depression (which also coincided with the onset of my acne as it happens) but the reverse was true for me!

I also agree with the comment about yoga - I find the concentration needed for a practice is a big help with depression as it diverts my mind and also helps me sleep really well!

Hope some of that helps and things improve for you :)

Well what is keeping you from going to bed at 10 or 11?

Regardless, you need to get outside into the light in the daytime for seratonin and therefore melatonin production for both depression and sleep.

Edited by alternativista

I still dont get the difference between going at 2AM or at 10PM with the same amount of sleep. If you sleep in the dark and sit in the light (natural and unnatural) whats the wrong thing about 2AM??

Sorry but i feel that your sleeping timing is unhealthy. Are you doing some shift work? Or are you a student? Our body heals itself at 10pm - 2am. So if were to sleep at 4am, your body dont have the chance to heal itself.

I have this same problem too. You're lucky you sleep all through the night though instead of waking up at 8 after going to bed at 4.

I disagree with previous reply, people sleep to relax there body and unwind themselves, but we need to sleep according to the biological clock of our body which is described as called circadian rhythm. Which is very essential as it controls the well being of human body for example people who sleep in the day and wake up in the night have massive psychological issues like depression, irascible, and prone to decreased IQ, so try to sleep early and wake up early.....

when you wake up early and you have nothing to do... try to do YOGA an excellent remedy to cope depression as it will fortify your thoughts and give you positive energy and in some cases reduces your body weight.... yoga is a wonderful thing please buy or download DVD from internet and practice yoga..

And mark my word never keep your room dim or dark or dull, bright light causes brain to sharpen and produces hormones that will prevent depression, its called light therapy...... so keep your room with adequate light and think positive and do yoga( mainly breathing exercise which decreases anxiety)

and best of luck........ :)

Sorry but i feel that your sleeping timing is unhealthy. Are you doing some shift work? Or are you a student? Our body heals itself at 10pm - 2am. So if were to sleep at 4am, your body dont have the chance to heal itself.

My aunt who is a doctor told me the same thing about 10-2am best time to sleep. How factual is this?

:idea: Try to set a time where you would like to sleep, and get up. For example if you want to go to bed a 10 PM, and get up at around 7. Durring the day do exersize. Eat dinner atleast 2 hours before going to bed. Try to relax before bed time. Find somthing that makes you relax (taking a bath, doing yoga, meditation, doing nothing, read a book, drink a cup of tea). For dinner try eating an valeriana, and romaine lettuce salad. Make shure to eat food that is highly digestable. Check out Bach Flowers (there are flower remedies that can help you sleep, and be less stress). Do not watch televison or stay around the computer before going to bed. Make shure that you do not keep all lights on, and turn them down.

My aunt who is a doctor told me the same thing about 10-2am best time to sleep. How factual is this?

Well, I have seen 2 different doctors. One of them told me there is no evidence of any detoxification process that happens between 10 pm to 2 am. The other said that the best time to sleep is from 10pm to 2am so that your body can rejuvenate and heal itself.

QUOTE: Some researches show the reason why humans rejuvante best from 10pm-2pm has to do with the gravity from the moon. <- This is what i found, i am not sure how true is that.

I have had acne problem too. Changed my eating and sleeping habits. It DID improve.. I used to sleep at 3am everyday and it affects on my health..