Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyguys14

get rid of scars naturally

Well when you drink only water for 2 weeks, your digestive system has time to rest, so your immune system can go to work on healing your body, bc your body is a natural healer...many MANY people have gotten rid of all kinds of scars through fasting. (even stretch marks) I finally decided I'm going to fast for 14 days starting tommorow. There is alot of information on the internet about raw food, and fasting and it goes against everything doctors recommend. And us raw vegans HATE doctors and pharmacists because real ppl like us have cured diseases in days with natural remedies, we know the truth, we dont even follow the food pyramid.

You should fast with me and get clear skin in 14 days :) If u research enough about it so u know im not makin a joke, it would be great to have a fasting parter!

x Yvonne

Ok first of all fasting with water can result in uncounsisnese ..and in a terrible migrane...and even death if you have some kind of disease ...especially diabetis..you get absolutly nothing from fastin unless you are going to survive on water for your whole life wich would never happen ...when you water fast you are taking important nutrients from your body that it needs to properly function...how do you expect to heal your body when it itself is eating itself to try to restore back nutrients...is like saying im going to start eating alot of food to loose weight...fasting is indeed not good for your body in the long run and dangerous...and is defenetly not going to heal scars ....and im a 100% percent sure of this ...scars dont heal by themselves unless they are surgacly repair ..and even than they only achive between 20 and 35 of improvement wich is really not a big difference...but when we talk about red marks..they do fade but they also take time ..just cuz you fast dont mean your going to fade all your marks....

i dont know if you got this fasting thing from those websites that try to rip you off but

IS NOT GOING TO WORK

no they were from real people that talk on forums to try to help eachother be healthy. The information you said about how the body will eat itself for nutrients only happens in the starvation mode. When you fast, your immune system has time to look for things to repair instead of focusing on eliminating food you just ate, instead, it looks for damaged cells or damaged tissue and repairs it. It's even good for anti-aging because when you age, it has nothing to do w how many years you have been on this Earth BUT, the health of your cells.

Day 1:

I'm on day 1 of my water fast. Didn't eat anything all day, still not hungry yet. Been drinking lots of water. My mood is positive :)

YOU do know people excagarate to make themselves feel better is what humans they lie to themselves to make them feel more comfortable...did they say what severity of acne they had

i have come across people here that they think they have severe acne and when they post pictures im like are they fucking serious ...than they write how they got clear and stuff and than axgarate on their severity ...and say they cure severe ance with some cream...when they only had minimal acne...DID THEY SHOW YOU PICTURES OF BEFORE AND AFTER ...I DONT THINK so .

AND WHEN EXSACLY DOES STARVATION MODE HAPPEN...starvation mode starts when you feel hungry ...thats why we feel hungry because if we didnt who would tell us when to eat there fore go into starvation mode...once you feel hungry is when you are already in starvation mode ...ever here someone say im starving when they are really hungry well is actual;y true..

the immune system is automatacly program to repair itself you dont need to starv yourself to repair your body ...EXAMPLE when you workout your body starts repairing the cells and the tissue that it damage without having to fast ..about the aging thing it has nothing to do with the health of your cells if it was like that than we would live for eternety because cells repair themselves therefore giving us eternal life...there is only theorys of why we age but no one knows why,,,i dont know were you got that from ..

I notice there's no picture yet, photoshopped or not. That alone makes me doubt every single thing you say and claim, besides of course the outrageousness of those claims and certain other issues only the mods are aware of.

These benefits can also be obtained when you have a healthy diet and lifestyle, you don't need to drink water only for 14 days. I have yet to see the first scientific evidence that a 14-day water fast is healthy, especially since you cut out all nutrients your body needs to function properly. Oh, and yes, it can be dangerous, do some research. This is not for everybody. And your body fat is not the best source of energy for your brain, it's a last resort. My main point is, that you're encouraging people to do this, while you haven't even tried it yourself. Try it first and then share your story. If it makes you feel good: great, go ahead and surprise me.

Guys let's all calm down here... she's trying something new (granted I don't think it's healthy, or will even work in 2 weeks) BUT whatever it's her life let her try it... if she can't last 14 days then all she has to do is go and eat something. By the way yvonnelilly, if you start to feel faint or sick, do us all a favor and EAT... don't risk your life for your skin. I know all the comments here won't stop you anyways, you've already started it seems. Everyone else, you have nothing to lose by letting her try it, she's not an idiot she'll survive and tell you if it works or not. Let's all remain calm. lol

Guys let's all calm down here... she's trying something new (granted I don't think it's healthy, or will even work in 2 weeks) BUT whatever it's her life let her try it... if she can't last 14 days then all she has to do is go and eat something. By the way yvonnelilly, if you start to feel faint or sick, do us all a favor and EAT... don't risk your life for your skin. I know all the comments here won't stop you anyways, you've already started it seems. Everyone else, you have nothing to lose by letting her try it, she's not an idiot she'll survive and tell you if it works or not. Let's all remain calm. lol

no what gets me mad is that she is claiming is going to work when she herself has never tryed it ...her evidence of it working comes from irrelavent websites...shes beleving what other people say on the forums..she should write like a jouurnal of herselft trying it ..if it was like that i wouldn mind is not my life but shes inviting people to do it along with her...so she got our opinions

We are calm, no worries. I encourage yvonnelilly to proceed with the fasting. But I won't sit back, allowing her to encourage others to engage in this procedure before she had the chance to experience it herself. I'm sure that we're all very anxious about the results. Until then I suggest other members to use their common sense and wait at least until yvonnelilly reports back. Without scars.

no what gets me mad is that she is claiming is going to work when she herself has never tryed it ...her evidence of it working comes from irrelavent websites...shes beleving what other people say on the forums..she should write like a jouurnal of herselft trying it ..if it was like that i wouldn mind is not my life but shes inviting people to do it along with her...so she got our opinions

:clap: well said, acnevsme! You can't encourage people to try something you haven't even tried yourself.

After just a 60 hour water fast, cortisol levels rise dramatically. Cortisol = body's stress response. Cortisol interferes with other hormonal functioning. And interferes with the 'immune system' and certainly does NOT increase its functioning. In actuality, cortisol INHIBITS immune function greatly. Ever heard of steroids being given as an immuno-suppressant? Same idea. Cortisol is akin to steroid.

Skeletal muscle starts being catabolized with just a 60 hour water fast.

Other hormones are adversely effected as well. All the previous information taken from a real scientific source: http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/reprint/60/1/29.pdf

So. A two week fast is dangerous and silly. A few days would be fine. However, I really doubt the OP is actually fasting. The post seems more trollish than anything else.

Fasting for 2 weeks , even the islams fast during the morning and evening but they eat during the night . what i think water fasting might work , but do it only for 2 days ,

Isn't this the same girl who says she doesn't wash her hair, and now its beautiful? Drinking only water for two weeks is asking for electrolyte problems, if nothing else.

I really wish encouraging potentially deadly behavior was grounds for banning.

I'm a little surprised that your marks didn't disappear when you were a raw vegan. I was on a raw food diet once and from eating purely vegetables and some fruit, my skin seemed to heal pimples in the afternoon when they appeared in the morning (possibly due to eating fruit-maybe I was sugar sensitive.) It was really amazing. But I eventually stopped because of social circumstances-it's kinda hard to be eating raw food when all the people around you are eating cooked-they kinda look at you funny.

But eating more fruits and vegetables is always a good thing. I'm thinking of going vegetarian now-it's a little more socially acceptable (and yes, I am that sensitive about what others think of me). But I'm still gonna cook some of my vegetables, as they go down better that way (broccoli being a prime example). I recently heard that washing your face with cucumber helps fade scars. So I'm trying that out.

I did try to water fast for a few days once-but by the third day I got so mentally clouded that

I'd take the bus somewhere and in the middle of the ride I'd forget where I was going :P Maybe that's just my experience though. It could be different for you.

To be honest, I think I'm just going to let time heal my marks :lol:

Good read below.

Edited by GoGoPlums
Isn't this the same girl who says she doesn't wash her hair, and now its beautiful? Drinking only water for two weeks is asking for electrolyte problems, if nothing else.

I really wish encouraging potentially deadly behavior was grounds for banning.

Yes. My hair got thicker, and in better condition from not washing my hair with anything except water. It also grew alot faster.

I'm a little surprised that your marks didn't disappear when you were a raw vegan. I was on a raw food diet once and from eating purely vegetables and some fruit, my skin seemed to heal pimples in the afternoon when they appeared in the morning (possibly due to eating fruit-maybe I was sugar sensitive.) It was really amazing. But I eventually stopped because of social circumstances-it's kinda hard to be eating raw food when all the people around you are eating cooked-they kinda look at you funny.

But eating more fruits and vegetables is always a good thing. I'm thinking of going vegetarian now-it's a little more socially acceptable (and yes, I am that sensitive about what others think of me). But I'm still gonna cook some of my vegetables, as they go down better that way (broccoli being a prime example). I recently heard that washing your face with cucumber helps fade scars. So I'm trying that out.

I did try to water fast for a few days once-but by the third day I got so mentally clouded that

I'd take the bus somewhere and in the middle of the ride I'd forget where I was going :P Maybe that's just my experience though. It could be different for you.

My experience was alot better..My skin just feels really hydrated but, I'm sure my skin would feel this hydrated if I was drinking tons of water while eating. starting out as a raw vegan my skin broke out like crazy with rashes and breakouts all over, but now it's gone and i have no acne.

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2221.html

What do you think of this then?

That's very interesting. Execpt in the end it said how ppl should eat lean protein and whole grains, and I wasn't raised to believe eating meat is healthy, I was taught to only eat raw fruits and veggies, and that's the only food group TO eat. So, the information on that article is irrelevant to what i believe. What I believe is that once food is heated, the nutrients are destryoed and when it enters your body, your body see's it as a toxin and your digestive system has to work on eliminating it, instead of healing your body. Thtas why lots of raw vegans have many healing benefits. It already cleared my acne that I had since i was like 16 so thats a plus :)

The fast is going great though :) My skin feels so hydrated. After the second day of fasting i wasnt even hungry at all.

But I'm getting wheatgrass today and am going to rub the pulp on my face everyday for the next week. But i heard from other places it takes 7 months if u drink it...so i'll just test it out myself..either 1 week or 7 months :) I'll see myself which one is correct

Well when you drink only water for 2 weeks, your digestive system has time to rest, so your immune system can go to work on healing your body, bc your body is a natural healer...many MANY people have gotten rid of all kinds of scars through fasting. (even stretch marks) I finally decided I'm going to fast for 14 days starting tommorow. There is alot of information on the internet about raw food, and fasting and it goes against everything doctors recommend. And us raw vegans HATE doctors and pharmacists because real ppl like us have cured diseases in days with natural remedies, we know the truth, we dont even follow the food pyramid.

You should fast with me and get clear skin in 14 days :) If u research enough about it so u know im not makin a joke, it would be great to have a fasting parter!

x Yvonne

Ok first of all fasting with water can result in uncounsisnese ..and in a terrible migrane...and even death if you have some kind of disease ...especially diabetis..you get absolutly nothing from fastin unless you are going to survive on water for your whole life wich would never happen ...when you water fast you are taking important nutrients from your body that it needs to properly function...how do you expect to heal your body when it itself is eating itself to try to restore back nutrients...is like saying im going to start eating alot of food to loose weight...fasting is indeed not good for your body in the long run and dangerous...and is defenetly not going to heal scars ....and im a 100% percent sure of this ...scars dont heal by themselves unless they are surgacly repair ..and even than they only achive between 20 and 35 of improvement wich is really not a big difference...but when we talk about red marks..they do fade but they also take time ..just cuz you fast dont mean your going to fade all your marks....

i dont know if you got this fasting thing from those websites that try to rip you off but

IS NOT GOING TO WORK

no they were from real people that talk on forums to try to help eachother be healthy. The information you said about how the body will eat itself for nutrients only happens in the starvation mode. When you fast, your immune system has time to look for things to repair instead of focusing on eliminating food you just ate, instead, it looks for damaged cells or damaged tissue and repairs it. It's even good for anti-aging because when you age, it has nothing to do w how many years you have been on this Earth BUT, the health of your cells.

Day 1:

I'm on day 1 of my water fast. Didn't eat anything all day, still not hungry yet. Been drinking lots of water. My mood is positive :)

YOU do know people excagarate to make themselves feel better is what humans they lie to themselves to make them feel more comfortable...did they say what severity of acne they had

i have come across people here that they think they have severe acne and when they post pictures im like are they fucking serious ...than they write how they got clear and stuff and than axgarate on their severity ...and say they cure severe ance with some cream...when they only had minimal acne...DID THEY SHOW YOU PICTURES OF BEFORE AND AFTER ...I DONT THINK so .

AND WHEN EXSACLY DOES STARVATION MODE HAPPEN...starvation mode starts when you feel hungry ...thats why we feel hungry because if we didnt who would tell us when to eat there fore go into starvation mode...once you feel hungry is when you are already in starvation mode ...ever here someone say im starving when they are really hungry well is actual;y true..

the immune system is automatacly program to repair itself you dont need to starv yourself to repair your body ...EXAMPLE when you workout your body starts repairing the cells and the tissue that it damage without having to fast ..about the aging thing it has nothing to do with the health of your cells if it was like that than we would live for eternety because cells repair themselves therefore giving us eternal life...there is only theorys of why we age but no one knows why,,,i dont know were you got that from ..

Lol when you say "Hey guys! let's eat I'm starving" that doesn't mwan your body is in starvation mode. Starvation mode is when your body starts to eat up your internal organs in order to survive, which happens WELLLL over 14 days.

I heard oon the discovery chanel i think? starvation mode happens after 28 days

x Yvonne

IS NOT GOING TO WORK

Day 1:

Lol when you say "Hey guys! let's eat I'm starving" that doesn't mwan your body is in starvation mode. Starvation mode is when your body starts to eat up your internal organs in order to survive, which happens WELLLL over 14 days.

I see you belive anything your told....i mean in tv they say a bunch of nonsence ..and you clearly didnt understand what i said you go into starvation mode...when your hungry it..your body is telling you is out of nutrients and it needs to be fuel ...

YOU REALLY GOT TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND PROVE TO US THAT WHAT YOUR SAYING is right ...and with reasonable evidense not ..JUST NONSENCE YOU HEARD ON TV ..or googled on google..

UNTIL THAN NOONE IS EVER GOING TO AGREE WITH YOU..

WHEN YOU BRING ME PICTURES OF YOU OF THE BEFORE AND AFTER ...THAN ILL MAYBE BELIEVE YOU UNTIL THAN SUFFER PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR ABSORB ''FASTING CURE"..

1. I don't believe this person is fasting for two weeks.

2. Fasting like that is harmful and dangerous and silly.

3. His/Her 'evidence' has been totally disproved over and over again and s/he ignores those. Interesting, hmm? (her comments about fasting helping the immune system got TOTALLY disproved for one, in two separate SCIENTIFIC sources)

4. Note that there's no pictorial proof of any pre-existing red marks. No doubt there will be some lovely photoshopped evidence in a while.

x Yvonne

IS NOT GOING TO WORK

Day 1:

I see you belive anything your told....i mean in tv they say a bunch of nonsence ..and you clearly didnt understand what i said you go into starvation mode...when your hungry it..your body is telling you is out of nutrients and it needs to be fuel ...

YOU REALLY GOT TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND PROVE TO US THAT WHAT YOUR SAYING is right ...and with reasonable evidense not ..JUST NONSENCE YOU HEARD ON TV ..or googled on google..

WHEN YOU BRING ME PICTURES OF YOU OF THE BEFORE AND AFTER ...THAN ILL MAYBE BELIEVE YOU UNTIL THAN SUFFER PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR ABSORB ''FASTING CURE"..

Lol well I don't watch t.v. and i disagree with everything doctors recomend...I did a lot of research about raw veganism, and i believe it's true! i BELIEVE YOUR BODY IS THE BEST HEALER.

3. His/Her 'evidence' has been totally disproved over and over again and s/he ignores those. Interesting, hmm? (her comments about fasting helping the immune system got TOTALLY disproved for one, in two separate SCIENTIFIC sources)

4. Note that there's no pictorial proof of any pre-existing red marks. No doubt there will be some lovely photoshopped evidence in a while.

I don't have photoshop, but you don't need to be so negative. This is just my sytle, healing my body the natural way. You may rather use creams and lotions in mainstream cosmetics but I don't.

Day 1 of wheatgrass:

So yesterday I had wheatgrass, it was the worst thing I ever drank in my life! But, I guess that just means it's healthy. lol, I put the pulp on my skin until it dried up and washed it off. After that, my skin felt really tight, and when i touched my face and it was all smooth but, it's even smooth this morning. I drank too much wheatgrass though, I put way too much in the blender, this time I'm just going to drink it in a shot.

x Yvonne

IS NOT GOING TO WORK

Day 1:

Lol well I don't watch t.v. and i disagree with everything doctors recomend...I did a lot of research about raw veganism, and i believe it's true! i BELIEVE YOUR BODY IS THE BEST HEALER.

I don't have photoshop, but you don't need to be so negative. This is just my sytle, healing my body the natural way. You may rather use creams and lotions in mainstream cosmetics but I don't.

Day 1 of wheatgrass:

So yesterday I had wheatgrass, it was the worst thing I ever drank in my life! But, I guess that just means it's healthy. lol, I put the pulp on my skin until it dried up and washed it off. After that, my skin felt really tight, and when i touched my face and it was all smooth but, it's even smooth this morning. I drank too much wheatgrass though, I put way too much in the blender, this time I'm just going to drink it in a shot.

Well i guess there is nothing thats going to stop you from doing what you want but make sure you dont incist other people of doing it with you ....just make sure you try it out and take pictures and share it with us...

anyways goodluck on your experiment :)

this is the kind of shit that really ticks me off.

idiots coming on here with pathetic home remedies giving

other gullible people a bit of hope. because of the circumstances,

most people are desperate and will try almost anything.

even a 2 week water fast to clear their scars. im not saying a water

fast is a bad thing, i've done it before a while ago, but not after

practising a juice fast before moving onto just water.

and no, that did not magically clear my marks.

Second day of wheatgrass:

I drank a lot of wheatgras today, it actually tastes good now, and i rubbed the pulp on my face..i think the chloryphl in it is getting absorbed into my skin greatly. Wheatgrass has the most chloryphil out of anything. My skin feels great. I think my red marks were worse months ago because i remember looking in the mirror after the beach and my scars were really red. Now they are just pink. Maybe my scars are going away w/o me noticing?

If i look in the mirror now like 5 ft away from the mirror, i can't see any scars...but before i used to notice them from like really far away.

Anyway, wheatgrass gave me lots of energy, makes me feel positive, I feel great! and healthy and i love my skin at the moment :)

So you're not eating anything for 2 weeks? If that's the case I would never last more than a day. Not eating anything after 2 or 3 days you may find you become very drained and unresponsive... but anyways... good luck, I think you're crazy but hopefully you can prove me wrong lol

hahahahahaah, I can't stand it! LMFAO! you'll be dead if you don't eat for 2 weeks man!

Dude, stop this! But if your lucky enough to survive, you'll probably look like a death camp victim and you'll have something else to worry about then LMFAO! JK kidding bro, honestly, I wish you all the best, who are we to judge you here? if you're willing to try something inovative, then go ahead and do it, don't let the conservatism stop you, allthough I think you're being little (tiny tini) obsessive with your red marks. But if the starvation is the key to have a clear skin, then *uck it! I'm gonna starve with ya lol