Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imperfection free

Redness and pores!! Please help!! *pics*

Hi everyone. I am new to this site..I am 23 year old.. i have oily and red skin.. and i have been feeling like in the hell for the last three or four years..

I used to not care my skin at all until i started to develop zits (small white bumps) around my cheeks and my side chins when i was a sophomore (2006)... and i had frequent breakouts.. this situation lasted for a long time then i started to care how i look as i was sick of being laughed at by even a good friend!! I was an outgoing guy who loves sports and is sociable but this shit kept me in my house for most of my time and i even cant look at other people when talking to them... Okay back to my problems.. so i ended up to going to a beauty club to have the bumps picked by a probably unlicensed aesthetician, and i really doubted their products, which were used on my face, were substandard and irritated my skin very badly..i think it was about 2006.. since then I have had red faces which is really embarrassing!! I am not sure if my skin is sensitive but it get red very easily.

Recently i have started regulating my diet and excersising regularly.. I think diet really helps and i have less oily skin and i also use salicylic acid contained cleanser to clean my face twice a day, using baking soda twice a week.. and i have less frequent breakouts..

Sooo my problem is that the redness seems like staying forever and i really get bothered by the big, i would say, HUGE, pores on my face!!! Everything i see myself in the mirror,, i wanna cry and ask why this happens to me. It is ruining my life. And there are small white chuck coming out when i squeeze the pores.. I know... NO SQUEEZE as it only enlarges the pores... but......yes, they just come back everyday!!

There are definitely something wrong but i dont know.. I dont think it is milla,, more likely a sebum clogging my pores and thus enlarging them..

So ..Are they any products that can penetrating deep in to my pores and disolving all the stuff so i can wipe them out easily? Also i am not wearing moisturizer or suncream coz i am afraid of worsening the problem.. Summer is coming so i am thinking of wearing some suncream as the sun is believed to be capable of enlarging pores.. any products for the oily skins which are easily to be cleaned so that it does not clog??

Oh i am also considering taking glycolic acid chemical peeling.. which i dont quite like as i believe my redness is beacuse of my sensitiveness.. any suggestions?

The post is pretty un-organized.. i am sorry for that as english is not my native language.. i have attched a few pics... PLEASE HELP this desperate guy!!

Thank you and BLESS ALL OF US!!

post-133244-1278991611_thumb.jpgpost-133244-1278991696_thumb.jpgpost-133244-1278991852_thumb.jpg

post-133244-1278991611_thumb.jpg

post-133244-1278991696_thumb.jpg

post-133244-1278991852_thumb.jpg

Edited by imperfection free

Hi everyone. I am new to this site..I am 23 year old.. i have oily and red skin.. and i have been feeling like in the hell for the last three or four years..

I used to not care my skin at all until i started to develop zits (small white bumps) around my cheeks and my side chins when i was a sophomore (2006)... and i had frequent breakouts.. this situation lasted for a long time then i started to care how i look as i was sick of being laughed at by even a good friend!! I was an outgoing guy who loves sports and is sociable but this shit kept me in my house for most of my time and i even cant look at other people when talking to them... Okay back to my problems.. so i ended up to going to a beauty club to have the bumps picked by a probably unlicensed aesthetician, and i really doubted their products, which were used on my face, were substandard and irritated my skin very badly..i think it was about 2006.. since then I have had red faces which is really embarrassing!! I am not sure if my skin is sensitive but it get red very easily.

Recently i have started regulating my diet and excersising regularly.. I think diet really helps and i have less oily skin and i also use salicylic acid contained cleanser to clean my face twice a day, using baking soda twice a week.. and i have less frequent breakouts..

Sooo my problem is that the redness seems like staying forever and i really get bothered by the big, i would say, HUGE, pores on my face!!! Everything i see myself in the mirror,, i wanna cry and ask why this happens to me. It is ruining my life. And there are small white chuck coming out when i squeeze the pores.. I know... NO SQUEEZE as it only enlarges the pores... but......yes, they just come back everyday!!

There are definitely something wrong but i dont know.. I dont think it is milla,, more likely a sebum clogging my pores and thus enlarging them..

So ..Are they any products that can penetrating deep in to my pores and disolving all the stuff so i can wipe them out easily? Also i am not wearing moisturizer or suncream coz i am afraid of worsening the problem.. Summer is coming so i am thinking of wearing some suncream as the sun is believed to be capable of enlarging pores.. any products for the oily skins which are easily to be cleaned so that it does not clog??

Oh i am also considering taking glycolic acid chemical peeling.. which i dont quite like as i believe my redness is beacuse of my sensitiveness.. any suggestions?

The post is pretty un-organized.. i am sorry for that as english is not my native language.. i have attched a few pics... PLEASE HELP this desperate guy!!

Thank you and BLESS ALL OF US!!

post-133244-1278991611_thumb.jpgpost-133244-1278991696_thumb.jpgpost-133244-1278991852_thumb.jpg

Not sure if its seb derm, but you look like you are in better shape right now than me, though my pore situation is a lot better. My face usually has red bumps, and dry clear bumps that get bigger and smaller depending on the day, I also have caked up yellow/brown dandruff all over my face, which luckily isn't wielded into my skin so no scarring when I take off, but the little bastards always come back.

Wow, my face literally looks exactly the same as yours, and I have the same problems. I've browsed these forums a bit recently, and your the first person I've seen that resembles me so closely. Only difference being..I think my pores are a little worse. I'm very interested in what anyone has to say on this, what it might be, and how to treat it. I apologize for not being able to add any useful info, but your face looks so darn close to mine, that I had to chime in.

This is a joke right?

You have some clogged pores, but they're obviously not causing any problems. If you want to reduce that, your options are:

1) a retinoid: differin (adapalene), tazorac (tazarotene), retin-A (tretinoin)

These will cause irritation and often an initial breakout. I don't think it's worth it for you, to be honest.

2) salicylic acid: the acid in your cleanser is useless. The pH is almost certainly wrong, and you wash it off before it can do anything anyway. Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Treatment Gel is your best bet. Peter Roth's AHA and BHA treatment gel is well formulated, though expensive.

For the redness, you need to use an anti-inflammatory. Try to find a topical with one of the following active ingredients: zinc oxide (you could try calamine lotion), colloidal oats or beta-glucan (Aveeno), chamomile extract or bisabolol (as a main ingredient), licorice extract or licochalcone (again, as a main ingredient).

Using a skin protectant cream with dimethicone or aloe vera gel may also work.

But really, truly honestly, your skin looks how skin is SUPPOSED to look. Real people don't have poreless matte complexions. Most people can't even see the pores you have. Genetics dealt you a nice hand, enjoy it!

Edited by greentiger87

I would suggest retinoids also, or try a glycolic acid wash every single day and night for awhile and see if it helps. My mom's pores were noticeably less visible with DDF Glycolic acid wash. I think it's 10%. Good luck!

My cheeks look exactly like yours as well. They've been like that ever since I was 14 or 15, and I'm 19 now...my dermatologist said it was acne rosacea. I dunno if that's what you have, and the stuff she gave me only irritated my skin more.

that nothing! ok but put drops of visine on the redness and rub it in if you think there is any see what happens Ive done this it works. try visine on a zit!

Edited by dan25

your skin looks great... you said you want something to help get rid of sebum everydday, i would try the OCM 'oil cleansing method', with jojoba oil and castor oil you can look it up there are plenty of threads about this, and it looks like you dont have acne so it wont cause a acne breakout try it for a few days its cheap

These homemade pore strips may help, you can do it anywhere on your face. :)

you t ube.com/watch ?v=-bjOB4z S0uE

minus the spaces

Edited by Mono Doll

Guest DireStraits

Honestly you're skins fine.

But for the so called enlarged pores you have (which i cant see tbh), try supplementing with Vitamin C, this is what shrunk my pores.

Another thing, white bread always made my pores bigger so try and avoid that.

But dude....chill

are you serious?

i mean yeah those are enlarged pores which suck. i wont say you are flawless or your skin is fine but you are a man! suck it up. im a girl and i look 10x worse than you...