Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C.A

dermal fillers help

i have used teosyl as a dermal filler for my acne scarring on my cheek. It was supposed to last for 6-12 months but lasted for 4-5 days lol. I was told Teosyl was 100% hyralunic (sp?) acid which is absorbed back into the body over time. I'm pretty sure it migrated ,once it was injected into my scarred area because I could feel bumps of it nearby the scar after the 4-5 days. However now a month later that is also vanished completly.

Do you think I should try another brand name and what do you think about taking permanent dermal fillers? Are they likely to migrate as well or do they stay put, which is something I m really after? Thanks

change your doctor and yes, change the brand. dermal filler is really technique/skills dependent. try restylane or juvederm. And make sure your scars are not "tethered" down.

As noted in the above comments, fillers are skill dependent. If you want to go the filler route, find a doctor that regularly performs cosmetic injections and make sure they provide before/ after photos. Maybe try one of the longer lasting temporary fillers first to see if you like the result. That might help you feel more confident committing to a permanent filler such as microdroplet silicone.

If you give a general area where you are located someone here might be able to recommend a doc.

There are several doctors in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area that offer silicone treatments for acne scarring: Dr. Alkek and Dr. Lam.

gotta say for years, I've had a mildish depression on the tip of my nose which really depressed me. *duh...

but I went and saw a cosmetic dermatologist here in sydney, and after requesting filler - and going down the fraxel restore --> repair route, finally had aquamid and that has really changed things. Its now looks much better and I'm no longer picked about looking like there's a depression on the nose which downlights can catch.

However you swap one problem for another and my pores have now surfaced as a real problem - but yeah. Permanent filler is the way to go (imo). I had restalyne injected before the aquamid but that last 1 month? And it was $800 AUD.

Fillers are great while they last but same as you...I've had them turn into bumps under the skin over time which look like acne cysts which I had years ago and am now trying to treat the rolling scars which have been left behind!! Vicious circle, hey?!