Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bXPLAyBoY7

Help with my scarring

what kind of scars are these and what treatments would work best?

im 24, and work so if i have to take a week off of work to do any treatments i will... ive done my share of needling but i am not achieving desirable results... or maybe i just havent been doin it long enough and taking care of my skin after... usually once 10 weeks since the last treatment i stop wearing sunscreen because im brown and i cant find any sunscreen containing zinc that will not make my face look white and weird.. i any help is appreciated

93746890.th.jpg

49321137.th.jpg

39318956.th.jpg

88152885.th.jpg

18000243.th.jpg

81528068.th.jpg

66399873.th.jpg

what kind of scars are these and what treatments would work best?

im 24, and work so if i have to take a week off of work to do any treatments i will... ive done my share of needling but i am not achieving desirable results... or maybe i just havent been doin it long enough and taking care of my skin after... usually once 10 weeks since the last treatment i stop wearing sunscreen because im brown and i cant find any sunscreen containing zinc that will not make my face look white and weird.. i any help is appreciated

93746890.th.jpg

49321137.th.jpg

39318956.th.jpg

88152885.th.jpg

18000243.th.jpg

81528068.th.jpg

66399873.th.jpg

scaring doesnt disappear not matter what you do

i honestly believe i will never have 100% scar free skin but if i can continue to improve my scars then that for me is reason enough to continue trying out different treatments out there that would work.. again i am seeking the advice of people who may have similar scarring to mine and would be able to suggest tips on improving my skin, and treatments that have improved their scarring

i honestly believe i will never have 100% scar free skin but if i can continue to improve my scars then that for me is reason enough to continue trying out different treatments out there that would work.. again i am seeking the advice of people who may have similar scarring to mine and would be able to suggest tips on improving my skin, and treatments that have improved their scarring

well i only have redmarks not scars...and iv been on these boards for a long time and for what i have seen no one has ever found something good for scaring ..it may get better in the beggining but than they go back to how they use to look

i have seen many positive results from people that have done treatments with fraxel repair, subcisions and artefill...every one can improve their scarring but it depends on finding the right doctor to do the right treatments

Edited by Steve man

acnevsme - i dont like the your post, it is essentially telling him to give up. i know you and many others are having a tough time, but thats no reason to turn people away from treatments that could potentially help them a lot. options help, negative comments do not.

bxplayboy7 - you can certainly reduce your scarring, though it requires time and patience and a week off work is pretty unrealistic. if you dont want to take time off work, use peels but they will take many years. if you are serious about reducing them, id go for fraxel repair. your scars are wide so the laser would get into them nicely. the downtime (a month) and cost ($4000) are higher, but at least then you can reduce them substanially. you can speak to dudley about it. someone else might have other options.

your scarring looks pretty similar to mine.. honestly, i've tried a bunch of lasers and none of them helped.. prob wasted at least a minimum of $3000 and out of that maybe improved 10% Everyone is different though.. I would look into the TCA peel.. so far it is working wonders for me! better than any other treatment i have done to reduce the appearance of scars.. Downtime 7-10 days! I would go to a dermatologist first to get it done since your skin tone is different than mine and might hyperpigment easier.. After you get the basic idea of how to treat it after you can do it yourself :)

look into the cross method! I wouldn't use anything above 50% TCA with a cross method though.. although some people have and had good results with 100%, it seems very dangerous.

Doing it yourself cost: $50-70

Dermatologist : $200-400

bXPLAyBoY7 I think for rolling scar you will get a significant improvement with silikon micro drop injection I had done silikon and most of my scarring are level up with the sorrounding skin. Now I'm planning to have done fraxel and chemical peels to smoth out the scar.

For ice pick I suggest the tca cross method I had done tca cross with 100% and I do had improvement, but most of my scarring are box scar and one rolling scars.

Edited by badkitty

Thanks for the help guys. I cannot take a month off of work at all :\ too many bills to pay and my job wouldnt allow me to take a month off anyway. Fraxel repair i hear is good but i would be absolutely bummed if i paid anywhere near $3,000 or more for a treatment that may or may not help... i would love to try it though but thats a lot of money that i unfortunately don't have. I was thinking maybe trying TCA cross because people here seem to have good results with this but i live in New York and i really don't trust the doctors out here.

but i would really like more info on this silikon micro drop. So far the only treatments i have done are dermarolling with terproline and LED treatment, and i have had some improvement but i know its going to be a while before i really notice the difference

Thanks for the help guys. I cannot take a month off of work at all :\ too many bills to pay and my job wouldnt allow me to take a month off anyway. Fraxel repair i hear is good but i would be absolutely bummed if i paid anywhere near $3,000 or more for a treatment that may or may not help... i would love to try it though but thats a lot of money that i unfortunately don't have. I was thinking maybe trying TCA cross because people here seem to have good results with this but i live in New York and i really don't trust the doctors out here.

but i would really like more info on this silikon micro drop. So far the only treatments i have done are dermarolling with terproline and LED treatment, and i have had some improvement but i know its going to be a while before i really notice the difference

oh thats cool - lack of time off and the cost is probably many peoples reality... your scars are a little wide, so im not too sure if tca cross would help you. its more for narrower/deeper scars.

i dont know too much about the silicone, but if you are suitable, its probably good for you.

Steve man I've been told from a few doctors that I can have done laser with any problem and doesn't alter the silicon.

bXPLAyBoY7 The silicon doesn't have almost down time recovery maybe you can be swell up for 2 or 3 days so maybe that will be a good option for you and anyway there is no single treatment as I know that take a whole month of downtime recovery. In some cases and depend the type of scarring you need to combine multiple different treatment to achive good result.

yea i know it will probably take a couple of different treatments to improve my scars but at this time because of work i cant do anything that will require more then a week off from work :\

did you do the silicon yourself badkitty?

I agree that scarring can be improved a great deal. Though I never tried any laser treatments, I had some scarring on my face about 6 months ago and it is almost cleared. I have used the at home microdermabrasion exfoliation from st.ives elements which I have found to be the best exfoliator out there. I also drank a lot of water to keep the skin hydrated and "plumped", I took vitamin C which helps with new collagen production, vitamin e and 25 mg of zinc to aid skin healing and regeneration. I also applied vitamin e topically by piercing the gel capsule, though it can irritate sensitive skin. I hope this helps! Best of luck.

yea i know it will probably take a couple of different treatments to improve my scars but at this time because of work i cant do anything that will require more then a week off from work :\

I had the silicon done by a doctor, don't even try to do it by yourself specially if you don't have an experience is important to do it with a professional this is permanent and once is injected is very hard to remove it.

I had the silicon done by a doctor, don't even try to do it by yourself specially if you don't have an experience is very important to do it with a professional this is permanent and once is injected is very hard to remove it.

Edited by badkitty

what size needle where you using for dermarolling? because ive heard the downtime for 1.5 is close to 7 days and that is the most efficient for acne scaring the 1.5 mm needle

secondly i have done tca cross 100% at my doctors office. it works very well.. i will continue doing it after im done with accutane. i have brown skin as well and scarring KIND of like yours more icepicks and on my cheeks

Yeah, i'd like to know what size dermaroller you used aswell. And did you use regular terproline or the professional range? I'm about to try the dermarolling/terproline/led combination.

i was using 1.5mm dermaroller.. the downtown is usually 7 days but i usually go outside by the 3rd day with sunblock (zinc based) on all day since i work.. i am actually thinking about using the 2.0mm for better results even though i heard the risks for infection are greater but im guessing if you stay home for 7 days and take care of your skin you'll minimize the risk greatly... chicago where is the doctor that did your tca cross located? i live in nyc so i know i have to travel out of state to find a good doctor to do such a procedure

i used the regular terproline because they will only give the professional one to doctors i believe... the combination of dermarolling/LED/terproline is very good in my eyes but i lack consistency big time... my 4th treatment was 15 weeks ago... and the 3rd treatment was 13 weeks before the 4th so i would have been on my 7-8 or even 9th treatment by now... i also lack consistency with applying sunblock since im brown and most zinc based sunblocks make me look as if i have makeup on which i dont like because then people REALLY stare... sunblock with zinc is very important

i was using 1.5mm dermaroller.. the downtown is usually 7 days but i usually go outside by the 3rd day with sunblock (zinc based) on all day since i work.. i am actually thinking about using the 2.0mm for better results even though i heard the risks for infection are greater but im guessing if you stay home for 7 days and take care of your skin you'll minimize the risk greatly... chicago where is the doctor that did your tca cross located? i live in nyc so i know i have to travel out of state to find a good doctor to do such a procedure

i used the regular terproline because they will only give the professional one to doctors i believe... the combination of dermarolling/LED/terproline is very good in my eyes but i lack consistency big time... my 4th treatment was 15 weeks ago... and the 3rd treatment was 13 weeks before the 4th so i would have been on my 7-8 or even 9th treatment by now... i also lack consistency with applying sunblock since im brown and most zinc based sunblocks make me look as if i have makeup on which i dont like because then people REALLY stare... sunblock with zinc is very important

How much improvement did you get with all these rolls?

well i only have redmarks not scars...and iv been on these boards for a long time and for what i have seen no one has ever found something good for scaring ..it may get better in the beggining but than they go back to how they use to look

There are several different treatments you can look into. The good news is that your acne scarring really doesn't look too bad! Here is a list of different types of treatments, and details to go along with them. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/scarring-t273122.html

To acnevsme: I have been on the forms for a little over a year now, and have seen people get amazing results from different scar treatments. I don't really understand why you would tell someone to basically give up on their scarring. Its apparent you don't have any experience in the field of scar treatments, so why are you trying to give him advice? I usually don't like calling people out, but really...... Not to mention for you to say "scaring doesnt disappear not matter what you do"...... Seriously? Do even you believe that?

benni in all honesty i would say i achieved 5% improvement from these rolls but thats because i blame myself for not being consistent with it and discontinuing the use of sunblock after 8 weeks which isnt smart at all... i believe i could achieve results that i could live with if i did everything i was supposed to.. but once i do my next treatment ill definitely be consistent with everything because i know the improvement that could be achieved... although it is a slow process i know it can work

and kyle thanks a lot, but its pretty bad.. heres another pic.

facek.png

btw i didnt even pay mind to acnevsme .. i know that there are scar treatments out there that work so his/her input was brushed off completely

Edited by bXPLAyBoY7

I think it is, mainly because theyre all in one area.. I dont know if the image above your post works but it shows the scars in better lighting