Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deletethisshit

Having "Meltdowns"...

Hey everybody,

I just thought I'd come here for advice and hope lol today started out like a normal sunday... went to the mirror to check my red marks like I do every morning, and they seemed like they always do. My parents we're making lunch downstairs so I knew it would be a family sit down kind of lunch. I was in a decent mood, washed my face and whatever, and my marks did that thing of becoming darker red/purple (usually subsides soon after but didn't this time) and I started almost panicking in the bathroom, like "I can't stand how they look, how can I face anyone, fuck we're all eating lunch today together" type of attack. So we ate lunch and I looked down at my plate like the whole time, said all of 3 words and just came off as in a shitty mood (which I was; but only because of the red marks). This was just ONE of MANY meltdowns I've had, and too be honest this is no where near as bad as my marks have gotten or my meltdowns have been...

Have any of you guys ever had something similar to this happen to you? How do you deal with it and have you resolved the cause of it yet? (Perhaps by getting rid of your red marks? If so, how?)

Thanks a lot guys,

take care

That's a pretty modest meltdown if you ask me. I've been snappy and irritable because of the way I know my face looks to others. I wouldn't really call it a meltdown. But that's beside the point.

Yeah, if you look at yourself too long in the mirror, or long enough for you to criticize yourself, then you're bound to get irritated at others, when other people probably couldn't care less about any marks you have. So all you can do is either try not to look at yourself so often, or go do something to take your mind off your looks.

I've had red marks too, they can take some time to go away. I basically just try to stick to a low sugar low fat diet. Of course, for me, the slightest waver of it can make me break out, so I still do break out sometimes. But you can try putting carrot juice (straight vitamin A) on your face and see if it helps. Carrot juice can really be quite healing. That and aloe vera soap, which I tend to like too.

Well like I said it was one of many meltdowns, and it was nothing compare to some big ones I've had. My mood has been significantly lower for the past 2 years almost (the same length of time I've had my red marks). It's hard to keep positive. I would rather deal with financial struggles or like work related issues and atleast be comfortable looking people in the eye, not like this...

Well like I said it was one of many meltdowns, and it was nothing compare to some big ones I've had. My mood has been significantly lower for the past 2 years almost (the same length of time I've had my red marks). It's hard to keep positive. I would rather deal with financial struggles or like work related issues and atleast be comfortable looking people in the eye, not like this...

feel the same. its like im scared to be positive because when i think my face is getting better it goes bak to square 1. atleast if i think negative i wont get let down. that applies to everything. i guess acne meses our head up.

not a very good healthy approach but ahwell

Guest frogskinshoelace

Mine have stopped since getting treatment, and seeing results daily. Its really the only way.

Im not a smoker, but I having a meltdown and I could hardly even function, so I bought a pack of cigarettes and smoked one whenever I was freaking out, calmed me right down. If you have the willpower to not get addicted they work. I only smoked 3 out of my pack and then gave them to someone else.

Im sure somebody will think thats a horrible idea, but smoking a cigarette and calming down is much better than feeling that feeling.

Sometimes I just look in the mirror and burst into tears and resign myself to stay in my room for at least the rest of the day, or until I think I look like I won't scare small children.

But, then there are the angry-type meltdowns.

I've screamed at myself in the mirror.

I've slammed doors off the hinges.

That was years ago, when it went cystic due to Yaz/Proactive.

Now, I get in the shower, cry it out, then get out and make myself up as best as I can and go see one of my best friends or my boyfriend, because I can always count on them to 1) not say anything no matter how bad it looks and 2) make me laugh and 3) distract me.

I think that its best to remember that in the grand scheme of things, its not really important (Meaning of Life sort of stuff). Eventually your acne will go away and you'll be free from the burden.

@ frogskinshoelace

man you are so lucky it's working for you, are they still fading since the first treatment? Also, can I ask you, your red marks... do they look somewhat purple sometimes in certain light or even sometimes brownish? It's hard to envision normal colored skin under there when you get a good look at them... also did yours get darker red when touched or aggravated or even sometimes turn lighter pink when you wash with very cold water? Sorry for all the questions man, I'm just hoping my marks qualify for vbeam too...

Guest frogskinshoelace

I dont really know what qualifies for laser treatment, so I cant comment on that. But no my marks are just red/pink. They do look worse after I was but the redness goes away quickly.