Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White

Watery after toner?

So i used proactiv toner. I waited a couple minutes till my face was dry, but still had that wierd sticky kind of feeling toners give you and i applied dans gel. The thing is, the gel seemed to turn VERY watery upon contact with my skin, it felt wet, like KY lube or something lol (best comparisan i can come up with).

Is this normal??..

Guest Tracy

Hey white....why don't you simply rinse the toner off before applying the BP? (and why are you using toner, anyway? That's not in the Regimen!!) :naughty:

tongue.gif

Toner isn't supposed to be rinsed off. I'd personally wait about 10 minutes between toner and applying BP. I've added Toner to my regimen and it's helped me a lot.

Guest Tracy
Toner isn't supposed to be rinsed off.  I'd personally wait about 10 minutes between toner and applying BP.  I've added Toner to my regimen and it's helped me a lot.

Then you might as well not use a toner, it really doesn't have enough time to work unless it's kept on the skin. Toner keeps working long after applied.

Guest Tracy

That's not necessarily true. For women, it helps to clear the skin of excess oil, makeup, and dirt that may be left behind after cleansing. So if you swipe your face with the toner, then rinse the toner off....you've done what you set out to do. There no hard and fast rule that says you MUST leave toner on your skin to do it's job. It all depends on what you're using the toner for.

Just to settle this debate the toner i use has glycolic acid in it so i use it as a means of exfoliation. As well as getting rid of excess dirt/oil/debris etc.

Your both right, now shaddap!

That is really weird, About a week ago I used the pro activ toner and then put Dan's Bp gel on and it felt exactly like u described it...I thought maybe I left the tube out in the sun or it had gotten warm or something. But, last night after about a week Iused the toner again to the same result.

If anything it actually feels as if its absorbing better, not sure if I should continue, but I can confirm that proactiv toner somehow makes the bp gel watery.