Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pupamonkey

What kind of acne is this?

Hi My wife keeps getting these huge acnes that seem to errupt overnight around her buttock and thighs. What kind is it and how are you suppose to treat them. ?action=view&current=IMAG0015.jpg

Edited by Pupamonkey

Hi

I saw the photo you put up and I agree it does look pretty bad. Does you wife still have that or has it settled down now? You say she keeps getting them- how often are we talking and how long does it last? Is it just around her buttocks and thighs? Is it when she is feeling run down? I am wondering if this is not acne but some other kind of bacterial or fungal infection. If you haven't done so already I would recommend getting a doctor to look at it in person as it is difficult to tell from a photograph. It may be that she needs some stronger oral antibiotics or anti-fungal treatment. Good luck

Definitely have her see her doctor about that as soon as possible. The butt and thighs are prime spots for developing staph infections, specifically MRSA. Don't want to scare you, but I did a google image search for MRSA and the first image that came up looks just like the picture you posted. If that's what she has, it won't just go away on its own, so please have it checked out. Better safe than sorry.

Edited by Beezilla