Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alexxxx

Starting the regimen.

Hello all, and thanks in advance for the help.

I have read through the whole regimen a few times, and I am still confused. Are you supposed to apply BP and not rinse it off at all? So you just apply the BP and apply moisturizer 5 minutes later? Wouldn't this make your face get very flaky from all the dry lotion chipping off?

I have read through the whole regimen a few times, and I am still confused. Are you supposed to apply BP and not rinse it off at all? So you just apply the BP and apply moisturizer 5 minutes later? Wouldn't this make your face get very flaky from all the dry lotion chipping off?

here is what you do in the mornings when you wake up in the morning brush your teeth while on the shower ...when your done now wash your face with the cleanser softly no more than 10 seconds ...after this softly dry your face with the towel do not rub ..after this wait from 5 to 15 minutes ..than wash your hands dry them than put the benzoyl peroxide on your face like described by than ...YOU LEAVE THE BENZOYL PEROXIDE ON FOR THE WHOLE DAY UNTIL YOU DO THE NEXT APPLICATION WICH IS AT NIGHT ..AFTER THIS WAIT 5 TO 15 MINUTES THAN APPLY YOUR MOISTURISER LIKE HOW IS DESCRIBED IN THE VIDEO ..if you want to get clear this is how your going to have to do it ..

expect worsening of acne the first week ...second week gets better ...by the time you hit one month expect major breakout ..after 2 months ..it gets alot better... by the time you hit 3 months your pretty much clear .with like one pimple a week ..by the time you hit 4 months youll be clear ..with like one occasional pimple

CURRENT REGIMEN USER ..FOR 4 MONTHS ..

NOW CLEAR WITH OCCASIONAL PIMPLE

Q: Do we rinse off the benzoyl peroxide?

A: You will not rinse off the benzoyl peroxide. Once it is applied, you will leave it on the skin.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#rinse

http://www.acne.org/regimen-instructions.html Step by step directions, read them again.

The moisturizer helps prevent flaking. But some flaking is expected while getting used to the BP.

Start here for the Regimen step-by-step directions.

Please be sure to read the What to expect page as that helps you see what's normal when you're starting out with the Regimen.

The Biggest Mistakes page will help you determine whether or not you should add that product or change up something with regards to the Regimen.

If you continue to have trouble, Having Trouble? will guide you through a series of questions that will help you pinpoint areas of concern with your use of the Regimen.

There's also a series of Frequently Asked Questions that address the most frequent questions that regularly come up.

Here's a helpful list on Finding Supplies. You can use Dan's products or find the needed gentle cleanser, 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide product, and a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer at a local drugstore.

Thanks guys! I will get started as soon as I buy some moisturizer. I already have some 5% prescription BP.

Good luck! :) Remember, start SLOWLY and gradually ramp up the dosage, particularly as you're using the 5%.

Thanks guys! I will get started as soon as I buy some moisturizer. I already have some 5% prescription BP.

i strongly recommend you start with 2.5 percent ....and dans bp