Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcnePrincessXoX

About to Visit a dermatologist!

So, I am about to visit a dermatologist...something I have refused to do for a year now because of the reviews I have read on this website....THEY SCARED ME HALF TO DEATH! anyways...I have come to the conclusion I really want to go on a pill especially since I think i have a cyst that erupted...ughh...well what prescription do you guys recommend?

I was SO scared to go to a dermatologist also especially hearing about all the negative things that people had, but after about a year of being fed up with everything I finally went to the dermatologist about a week ago and he prescribed amoxicillin for an oral antibiotic and then Ziana for a topical antibiotic, it's barely been a week an already it seems like I'm beginning to see alittle improvement, but not many people go on amoxicillin, I don't have cystic acne or anything just more like moderate as I only tend to get papules and nothing beyond that but I get very inflamed easily since I have very sensitive skin and amoxicillin is used to help clear acne and fight redness/inflammation, so ask about that because I know that they sometimes like to prescribe amoxicillin for cystic since it takes care of inflammation and prevents acne flareups and inflammation of acne and like I said I don't have cystic but they put me on it to prevent me from getting cystic and to take care of the moderate acne that I have and will hopefully be gone very soon.

Good Luck!

Guest Timehealsall

i just got back from the derm, and they prescribed me doxycycline. Anyone know anything about this

umm i went on doxy at some point, make sure u don't take it on an empty stomach or ull get a really bad stomach ache. doxy never worked for me. but some people see great results!

So I went to the derm and I just want to say thank you for everyones comment! She prescribed me solodyn and aczone in the am and ziana in the pm..not sure bout any of these though :-( any one have experience with any of these?

I used Ziana about a year ago. It didn't really work for me, but I didn't give it a chance to work. I only used it for a month, then ended up stopping because my acne started to get worse. However, this was just the initial breakout....

I'm on Ziana right now, and it's great so far it broke me out kind of bad the first week, but now it's week 2 and almost every pimple is scabbed over and almost gone, given I only have moderate acne and mainly just papules, but it seems to be working and I asked for something for sensitive skin since my whole skin problem was from me drying and peeling off the top layer of skin for a year from over the counter medication, so Ziana may work for you as well and it will not make you dry or red, and I have the MOST sensitive skin, just expect an initial breakout the first week and it will start clearing second week.