Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I always come back to this regimen because it works for me! It instantly clears my blemishes. I'm now working to clear the leftover scars and marks so I plan to maintain consistentcy by doing the following:

• Apply in morning

Tyically I would only apply at night because I had more time to follow the steps correctly and could apply more BP gel w/o interfering w/ the consistency of my makeup. However, I will give myself enough time to apply gel in the morning even if it is not as much as at night.

• Wait for face to dry b/w intervals

In the past I have rushed through the steps and not given my face sufficient time between washing and applying BP and then again between applying BP and applying moisturizer. There is a very obvious distinction b/w when I wait and when I don't.

• Clean makeup brushes nightly

My makeup doesn't break me out unless I don't wash it off nightly (it'll clog my pores) or if I use a dirty makeup brush. Ideally, I want to wash it nightly, but technically I can go up to 3 days.

• Change pillowcases regularly

So I had a recent breakout and I believe it was because of dirty pillowcases. It was due to going to sleep w/ my hair still wet from washing it in the shower and I think w/ the water on the pillowcase, there was also some oils leftover and it was very bad :/ The bumps have since cleared, but I do have scars leftover from them now...eh. But I want to change my pillowcases 2X a week to prevent this in the future.

Hey there!

I'm starting the Regimen too. When you said it would "instantly" clear your breakouts, did you mean that you didn't have an IB? What about any dryness and flakiness?

Hey there!

I'm starting the Regimen too. When you said it would "instantly" clear your breakouts, did you mean that you didn't have an IB? What about any dryness and flakiness?

Hey there. So no I wouldn't have an initial breakout w/ BP. I did wheneven I tried other treatments such as sal acid and even glycolic acid when I was trying Proactiv. But BP, my skin took to pretty well. Usually if I used enough BP I would notice that a raised blemish would be smoother by the morning and basically gone within a week. (just w/ a scar left behind...yuck!)

As far as drying, for the most part I would use BP regularly, even if it was just once a week or once every 2weeks. So there wasn't really a long period of time where my skin was majorly adjusting to the BP. But I would always try and start w/ a smaller dose before revving it up. Now I would notice redness/dryness/flakiness if I got the BP too close to the corners of my mouth or around my eyes. So if anything, I apply the gel slowly so as to avoid those areas because when they are dry they are nothing nice!

HTH! Also, I included this same info in my blog. I'm trying to decide if I'll just do a log or a blog.

Itisme

Hey there. So already posted these in my blog, but here go my starting pics.

It is so much worse than I thought :redface:

I don't really have active inflammed blemishes, but my scars are outrageous!

I've attached the pics and they are also in my gallery.

ETA:

By the way I have a great makeup that makes those scars almost invisible. So when my skin is smooth, w/ makeup I really do look like I have perfect skin.

But the point is to have beautiful skin to wake up to right???

Edited by itismehmmkay