Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

are red marks ever permanent?

Guest Timehealsall
Posted

I have been using proactivs benzoyl peroxide on and off over the last 4-5 years and i still have a lot of red marks that are bright red. Are red marks ever permanent? Note: i still get pimples in these same areas where the red marks are located.

Posted
I have been using proactivs benzoyl peroxide on and off over the last 4-5 years and i still have a lot of red marks that are bright red. Are red marks ever permanent? Note: i still get pimples in these same areas where the red marks are located.

BP is great for drying out spots, but unfortuantly it can prolong red marks.

You would need to stop using BP and find a lighter method of controling your acne if you want the red marks to fade.

Guest Timehealsall
Posted (edited)

hey fraz, thanks for the response. Do you have any suggested methods? Should i go the prescription route i.e. differin or antibiotics? Will this reduce the PIH? Also, how long does benzoyl peroxide normally prolong the PIH? is it a few months? Also, you didnt answer my initial question: are red marks ever permanent?

Edited by Timehealsall

Posted
hey fraz, thanks for the response. Do you have any suggested methods? Should i go the prescription route i.e. differin or antibiotics? Will this reduce the PIH? Also, how long does benzoyl peroxide normally prolong the PIH? is it a few months? Also, you didnt answer my initial question: are red marks ever permanent?

I couldn't really give you any advice on treatment options. I used loads of creams and antibiotics to no effect and ended up taking accutane as a last resort which cleared up my cystic acne.

As for red marks... again, I can't answer. I have red marks all over my cheeks and nose, but it could be anything from Hyperpigmentation to Rosacea.

My red marks don't appear to be fading at all. Although somedays they look better than others.

I think it would just depend on the type of red marks you have.

If its just hyperpigmentation, then the marks will definitely go away with time. But could take a long long time.

Because you still have active acne and you are using BP.... it could be possible that you are just making newer red marks over the older ones which keeps the redness cycle going.

Guest Timehealsall
Posted

thanks for the response. I am 100 percent sure i do not have facial rosacea. Also, i was thinking about trying antibiotics. What do you think about this? I do not have cystic acne, but i do have like 7-8 pimples on one cheek 8 pimples on forehead, just normal pimples/blemishes. How do antibiotics work?

Posted

i used to have lots of redmarks , but now it is gone =) thanks to yoghurt

Guest Timehealsall
Posted

yogurt? did you put the yogurt on the red marks or eat the yogurt? And cant red marks just fade on their own?

Posted

Red Marks aren't permanent. Our skin sheds layer after layer of skin, and it makes more layers deep underneath our outer skin, So eventually even the red marks will shed away. You just have to make sure you don't make any more red marks.

Posted
Red Marks aren't permanent. Our skin sheds layer after layer of skin, and it makes more layers deep underneath our outer skin, So eventually even the red marks will shed away. You just have to make sure you don't make any more red marks.

I just have to ask, if red marks fade because skin sheds, they why do say brown spots on skin not fade (like birthmarks for example)? Just curious...

Guest Timehealsall
Posted

Yea i know what you mean. The thing is, i was so ignorant on acne over the years that i literally would only apply benozly peroxide on my skin WHEN I SAW pimples and never used it as a preventive treatment. Now i have all these redmarks, :(

Posted
Yea i know what you mean. The thing is, i was so ignorant on acne over the years that i literally would only apply benozly peroxide on my skin WHEN I SAW pimples and never used it as a preventive treatment. Now i have all these redmarks, :(

aloe vera gel works good on my red marks :)

Posted

yeah applied yogurt on skin ,,that is the most natural way to heal red marks . rather than burning your skins with glycolic acid , yogurt contains acid that would not harm your skin , it balance out the ph .. you guys should try it =) ....google about it , if i cant convinced you enough

Posted

We are all very different people, and we all heal in different ways, at different time rates. How long acne red marks stay is dependent on many factors. The first factor is the severity of the acne. The spots left after treating more severe acne will take longer to disappear than the spots that are the result of mild acne. Another factor is the person's ability to heal. Those who heal faster have acne red marks that disappear quickly. However, if you heal slowly, the spots disappear slowly.

You can use a home remedy which will help the acne red marks disappear more quickly. Mix five teaspoons of baking soda with 9 teaspoons of water to make a paste. Apply the paste to the acne spots, and allow it to dry, then wash it away. You can also apply it and massage the marks gently, then wash the paste away.

Sometimes acne causes a pigment problem. These are not to be confused with the red marks that acne leaves. These spots are brown in color. It may be a light brown, or a dark brown. Darker skin is especially prone to this condition, which are called pigment spots. These spots will go away without treatment as well, however, when acne is treated with benzoyl peroxide, the spots may last longer.

In conclusion, there really is no way to answer the question, how long does acne red marks stay. They typically last between four and twelve weeks, but how long they last within that time frame depends on a large number of factors.

references , acneteam.com

Posted

We are all very different people, and we all heal in different ways, at different time rates. How long acne red marks stay is dependent on many factors. The first factor is the severity of the acne. The spots left after treating more severe acne will take longer to disappear than the spots that are the result of mild acne. Another factor is the person's ability to heal. Those who heal faster have acne red marks that disappear quickly. However, if you heal slowly, the spots disappear slowly.

You can use a home remedy which will help the acne red marks disappear more quickly. Mix five teaspoons of baking soda with 9 teaspoons of water to make a paste. Apply the paste to the acne spots, and allow it to dry, then wash it away. You can also apply it and massage the marks gently, then wash the paste away.

Sometimes acne causes a pigment problem. These are not to be confused with the red marks that acne leaves. These spots are brown in color. It may be a light brown, or a dark brown. Darker skin is especially prone to this condition, which are called pigment spots. These spots will go away without treatment as well, however, when acne is treated with benzoyl peroxide, the spots may last longer.

In conclusion, there really is no way to answer the question, how long does acne red marks stay. They typically last between four and twelve weeks, but how long they last within that time frame depends on a large number of factors.

references , acneteam.com

Posted

SO chill guys , red marks would eventually go off , it takes time and patience , and determination

drink lots of water , sleep early , stay on a healthy diet , REDUCE SMOKING if you do . and apply medications

Posted

Ofcoarse they're not permanent. Drink wheatgrass and rub the pulp on your face and it will go away..As long as your High raw though. I have heard of wheatgrass removing scars completely. ALSO, that scars can completely disapear within 2-3 weeks of water fasting. I'd rather do the wheatgrass one because i heard it removes pitted scars in a week...i also heard of it removing scars in 7 months by drinking it as juice...I think it has to do with what kind of scars you have...acne scars will probably heal faster, like 1 week.

Guest Timehealsall
Posted

what type of wheat grass, like any specific brands and where can i buy this wheat grass from?

Guest Timehealsall
Posted

water fasting? Do you mean if i dont drink any water for 2-3 weeks, my red marks will disappear?

Guest Timehealsall
Posted

hey ace, what type of yogurt should i put on my face? Any specific brand names or should i make a homemade yogurt?

Posted (edited)
what type of wheat grass, like any specific brands and where can i buy this wheat grass from?

Umm i saw them at the health food store. They look like grass lol just check your local health food store, mine are whole foods and henry's market.

water fasting? Do you mean if i dont drink any water for 2-3 weeks, my red marks will disappear?

No! Its when you dont eat any food and only drink water. I'm the type of person that eats the entire day and i decided to water fast for 2-3 weeks because i saw enough ppl on the internet at curezone, rawfoodtalk, give it to me raw, that said fasting made their acne scars disapear.

Edited by yvonnelilly

Posted
hey ace, what type of yogurt should i put on my face? Any specific brand names or should i make a homemade yogurt?

i usually apply home made yogurt , if you're lazy then try to get unsweetened yogurts , plain ones .

and if you're lazy to add rose water and oranges skin , press a few lemon juice in the yogurt , mix well and apply on the face ..=) ...and trust me your face will turn out baby smooth in a few months

i had terrible acne and red marks all over my face and now people are asking me what did , how i manage to get clean clear baby smooth skin =) ... ;)