Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i checked other forums, but couldnt really find any information. when i eat chicken with potatoes, for example, what type of sauce would you have with it/ which are ok? thanks, cause i dont really know what i should use.

I take it your asking if any sauces will cause you to breakout? Either that or you're just looking for a lovely recipe :lol: I'm not really sure sauce would have much of an affect on acne, but obviously if you cannot find any research then trial and error will be the only method of finding out. Good luck :D

Any sauce that doesnt contain too much sugar (say anything less than 7g sugar per 100g of sauce), and anything that doesnt contain shit that will break you out, as in you personally.

I try to avoid sauces with tree nuts, soy and shellfish.

:lol: I'm not really sure sauce would have much of an affect on acne

In the context of the original post, that statement makes zero sense.

If that sauce was a shortening and high fructose corn syrup emulsion, then it might cause acne.

whatnow... - I encourage you to browse this page:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Food-and-...ce-t205099.html

Alternativista if you're out there, do you have something like this tagged in the recipes thread?.

Since I eat a lot of salads, plates of veggies and some meat and such I love coming up with good dressings, sauces etc. One of my favorite is to take a ton of fresh herbs (Basil, Cilantro, Parsley and Oregano from my garden, thank god for summer) and put them through a mini food processor with a big chunk of peeled cucumber, 1-2 garlic cloves, dijon mustard, olive oil and a little apple cider vinegar. The cucumber provides all the liquid you need once it starts chopping. Makes an awesome herb dijonette dressing. Good on salads, fresh grilled meat and fish.

Another of my favorite sauces is basically:

2 parts really good salsa

1 part Coconut Milk

1 part olive oil

Cilantro, garlic chopped up

If you are stir-frying or pan-frying meats veggies whatever, you can make all sorts of sauces with the coating left on the pan, experiment with some butter, different types of stock/broth, or even fruit juices and/or vinegars.

A low-and-slow balsamic reduction simmered down for about 20 minutes is pretty unmatchable.

Lastly, making your own mayonnaise (I use Julia Child's recipe) makes the sky the limit on sauces like aiolis, or creamy dressings. The mayo is literally just lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil and egg yolk, with a little salt and mustard powder... I mean just like a basic salad dressing. Makes you wonder what the hell all those other ingredients in most store-bought mayos are doing in there...

Wow I didn't intend for that to get so long haha!

Edited by Drizzler

If that sauce was a shortening and high fructose corn syrup emulsion, then it might cause acne.

Alternativista if you're out there, do you have something like this tagged in the recipes thread?.

Since I eat a lot of salads, plates of veggies and some meat and such I love coming up with good dressings, sauces etc. One of my favorite is to take a ton of fresh herbs (Basil, Cilantro, Parsley and Oregano from my garden, thank god for summer) and put them through a mini food processor with a big chunk of peeled cucumber, 1-2 garlic cloves, dijon mustard, olive oil and a little apple cider vinegar. The cucumber provides all the liquid you need once it starts chopping. Makes an awesome herb dijonette dressing. Good on salads, fresh grilled meat and fish.

Another of my favorite sauces is basically:

2 parts really good salsa

1 part Coconut Milk

1 part olive oil

Cilantro, garlic chopped up

If you are stir-frying or pan-frying meats veggies whatever, you can make all sorts of sauces with the coating left on the pan, experiment with some butter, different types of stock/broth, or even fruit juices and/or vinegars.

A low-and-slow balsamic reduction simmered down for about 20 minutes is pretty unmatchable.

Lastly, making your own mayonnaise (I use Julia Child's recipe) makes the sky the limit on sauces like aiolis, or creamy dressings. The mayo is literally just lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil and egg yolk, with a little salt and mustard powder... I mean just like a basic salad dressing. Makes you wonder what the hell all those other ingredients in most store-bought mayos are doing in there...

Wow I didn't intend for that to get so long haha!

haha awesome thank you. this is just what I was looking for.

and that self made dressing of yours seems pretty delicious, gotta try that out. thanks!

Here is a sample aioli sauce I made last night:

Fiery Cilantro Mango Aioli

Make homemade mayonnaise.

In food processor:

Half a cucumber, peeled (depending on size ~1 cup chopped)

Big handful of cilantro

1-2 garlic cloves (dep. on size...)

~1/2 cup diced mango

A pinch of ground chipotle pepper

Process til smooth, then scrape out into a bowl.

Add mayonnaise little by little til desired consistency is reached.

Drool all over yourself.

I slathered mine all over a big hunk of grilled halibut.

But seriously, once you make that homemade mayo, the possibilities are endless! You could do roasted red pepper and kalamata olive, basil and walnut, etc etc.

There might be some in there.

I don't make many sauces, especially not for something like potatoes. I've always preferred just butter on potatoes but I rarely eat potatoes anymore. On sweet potatoes I love olive oil and a spicy seasoned salt and maybe some herbs. Other than that, I make vinaigrettes, Pasta sauce, Curry, Mexican style salsas and maybe add a little butter and lemon juice to the pan after sauteeing chicken or salmon.