Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr President

Intracel RF Resurfacing Therapy

Hey all,

I've been reading threads concerning "intracel RF resurfacing therapy". It seems to couple needling (which breaks the skin) with radio frequencies (to heat the skin). In heating the skin, it turns ordinary needling into something that resembles a laser treatment. Heating after all helps create new collagen.

I had a look at some before and after pics of this treatment and the results do look quite positive. Since there are so few places around the world that offer the treatment, i began looking at the actual technology. There is a place around me that offers each treatments seperately. However, for a lot of you, im sure this is not the case.

I've found a lot of the devices used for this treatment use 10mhz radiofrequency waves. It is essentially a weak ultrasound treatment. Ultrasound has the ability to heat the skin below the surface and in turn remodel the skin.

Since ultrasound devices push soundwaves below the skin, it is important to get the soundwaves targeting the right layer of the skin. 1mhz goes too deep and bounces off the bones where it can weaken them. 3mhz can be used on the face, but its long term use is not recommended as it an again weaken facial bones. 5mhz can be used safely on the face (its not as deep) and 10mhz appears to be safe to use alongside needling treatments (afterall, it is what they are offering clients).

If anyone is considering the above treatment, purchasing a 10mhz ultrasonic device for home use may be a more cost effective option.

Note: i am concerned over its long term use. The 1mhz and 3mhz helps to reduce the amount of fat in a particular area - so its great for weight loss. Im not too sure if this applies to the 5mhz or 10mhz devices. Obviously a loss of facial fat is not what we want.

Anyhoo, im interested to hear what you all think. All the best !

Edited by sydney_fellow

Sydney Fellow,

Great research. I appreciate the time and energy you put forth for the rest of us to benefit from. Many thanks. In your research, do you know how this compares to the eMatrix RF treatment from Syneron corp.? The eMatrix RF tx. also used RF to heat the skin to create dermal heating and promote collagen stimulation. This tx. also minimally ablates tiny matrix spots on the skin, similar to needling therapy. I'm sure you already know this, but perhaps for others that aren't familiar w/ eMatrix RF this may be helpful information. :D This is the treatment that I'm currently undergoing and I was curious if you've found Intracel RF Resurfacing Therapy to be comparable. I looked at the website for the doctor in Toronto and I too am impressed w/ the results.

I'm sure others will do their own research as well and we can all compare notes in the end.

Again, thank you for your research and advice. It's much appreciated!

God Bless! :angel:

Sydney, I have been interested in the applications of ultrsound ever since I underwent Orthotripsy http://www.orthotripsyok.com/orthotripsy.htm for Plantar Faciits(Heal Spurs). I couldn't stand the pain when I went into have Orthotripsy and I could have gone dancing the next day.

its an interesting technology. i see no reason why it wouldnt work too. the only concern is the need to use it sparingly.

i must admit no one here is really taking too much of an interest and ive already decided on my method of treatment.

im going to leave the thread at that. im sure someone in the future will pick it back up again :)

Edited by sydney_fellow

Hey all,

I've been reading threads concerning "intracel RF resurfacing therapy". It seems to couple needling (which breaks the skin) with radio frequencies (to heat the skin). In heating the skin, it turns ordinary needling into something that resembles a laser treatment. Heating after all helps create new collagen.

I had a look at some before and after pics of this treatment and the results do look quite positive. Since there are so few places around the world that offer the treatment, i began looking at the actual technology. There is a place around me that offers each treatments seperately. However, for a lot of you, im sure this is not the case.

I've found a lot of the devices used for this treatment use 10mhz radiofrequency waves. It is essentially a weak ultrasound treatment. Ultrasound has the ability to heat the skin below the surface and in turn remodel the skin.

Since ultrasound devices push soundwaves below the skin, it is important to get the soundwaves targeting the right layer of the skin. 1mhz goes too deep and bounces off the bones where it can weaken them. 3mhz can be used on the face, but its long term use is not recommended as it an again weaken facial bones. 5mhz can be used safely on the face (its not as deep) and 10mhz appears to be safe to use alongside needling treatments (afterall, it is what they are offering clients).

If anyone is considering the above treatment, purchasing a 10mhz ultrasonic device for home use may be a more cost effective option.

Note: i am concerned over its long term use. The 1mhz and 3mhz helps to reduce the amount of fat in a particular area - so its great for weight loss. Im not too sure if this applies to the 5mhz or 10mhz devices. Obviously a loss of facial fat is not what we want.

Anyhoo, im interested to hear what you all think. All the best !

K, I get it, it sort of dermarolling + thermage, but I wouldn't risk it! It's been proven, that thermage does cause facial fat atrophy on some individuals, but the pics in chee's post look really promising, well anyhoo, if it would be the same Jap doc to do the surgery - I'd agree, cuz he really seems to have lot's of experience in dealing with all kinds of acne scars.

it works, but it does take multiple sessions if you have moderate acne scars. I emailed the dr/surgeon who is one of the first to perform this. He said it cost 2,000 USD right now (hes in japan).

http://jps.ac/menu/articles/2009/20091121ksas/

here are the pictures and the clinical results of the study. It's in english.

i really didnt see much improvement in any of those before&afters

rofl. i swear the pics i saw last night looked fine, but seeing these - i must admit i dont see any real change either. especially considering the cost ! i mustve been blind last night.

what i like about this link are that there are 60 before and afters. if there was to be a significant result, they would be evident in at least a few, yet there isnt.

ah well, it doesnt help to do some research ! does it :P good finding the pics chee.

i guess that only leaves it to: TCA peel, TCA cross, subcision, and fillers (for temporary fix) to improve scars.

everything else is not promising enough.

i guess that only leaves it to: TCA peel, TCA cross, subcision, and fillers (for temporary fix) to improve scars.

i can agree with that.

there are no treatments im tempted to add to that list

no skin needling?

NO SKIN NEEDLING! i havent seen ANY pics where there has been any real improvement :)

Do you mean dermarolling? Hasn't there been quite a few success stories and pics for this?

i can agree with that.

there are no treatments im tempted to add to that list

Then you are ignoring the science in favor of anecdotal evidence.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/19/health/1...no_interstitial

This is not at all unusual. We consistantly see people making investing decisions based soley on a coworkers side comment, and ignoring investing basics.

http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/index.php?...fcb7d85cd57fe3c

Just as an example, how many times have you heard people scream "Buy Gold" even though it is at an all-time high. The idea is buy low - sell high, but most investors buy high and sell low. This is human nature. People need to tune into Dr Dean Edell for a while to learn critical thinking. He is on Mon-Fri, 1-2 PM and his show is archived here every week.

http://bayradio.com/kgo_archives/

Edited by DudleyDoRight