Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This sounds great. I'm kind of skeptical that it would offer the medium-heavy coverage some of us would want, but for those who want something light this sounds really good....

I might just try it! I wonder if they all lighten your skin, though...I do not want a tanned body from the summer sun with a pale face and boy can it get pale! lol

The word BB cream encompasses a huge myriad of products. It originated in Germany as an all-in-one product for patients who had recently undergone laser treatments/plastic surgery. Within the last few years, BB cream became popularized by Korean celebrities. Basically, it's supposed to be a moisturizer, foundation/concealer, and primer all in one. Different companies put their own spin on the product (with MAC and Lancome recently trying to capitalize on this trend) by including anti-aging components, anti-oxidants, sunblock, or whitening treatments. They're also supposed to help improve your skin, though I wouldn't be able to say how.

Most BB creams are intended to be suitable for all skin types, so there are usually only two shades (though this varies from company to company). I've used Triple the Solution (pink argyle tube) by Lioele and Aqua SPF 22 PA++ (blue tube) by Lioele. I apply it with my fingers and it acts like a tinted foundation. Both initially give the skin a grey-ish cast, but it sets and matches my skintone.

BB creams aren't miracles, but they're very nice for light make up days or if you're in a rush.

I can't say how well they are in improving skin because I haven't used them long enough, but some make-up bloggers have expressed some success.

Phyllis of Make Up Forever, covers a couple of them on her blog.

*links edited out (violation of board rules)*

As does Connie on Skindeco.net

Just if you're interested.

I've been using BB cream for a few weeks now, and I've gotta say, I really like it! There are a lot of mixed reviews out there, so I was a little skeptical about buying it -- but I found some on eBay for only a few dollars more than what I've been paying for liquid foundation (including shipping!), so I figured I might as well give it a try.

I got Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in 21, and I love it! It isn't really heavy coverage, so, if I'm going out, I definitely still need to use some concealer and such -- but it covers well enough that, if I'm just heading to the store or something, I can go out without feeling self-conscious about my skin. It feels really nice on my skin. Also, something that really surprised me about it is that I've had a lot less little bumps on my skin since starting to use it, especially on my forehead. So that was a nice surprise!

Things to keep in mind about this review: My acne is fairly mild. My skin type is oily/combination. I can't predict the level of success this product will have for anyone else, but this is how it worked for me.

Also, in reading reviews of BB creams before I bought any of it myself, I read that several of the brands (Missha included) can give people a greyish cast to their skin tone... When I squeeze a little of the product onto my finger, I can see what they mean -- but once I put it on my face and rub it in, I personally don't notice it.

As I said before, I got it in 21, and I'm super pale caucasian... (As in, my foundation color is typically the lightest available in any drug store brand. Some brands, like Rimmel, don't make a foundation light enough for me.) But, that considered, this BB cream matches my skin tone really well! I had been a little worried about it, but there was no need to be.

Bottom line: I'd recommend trying this product. As with any skin care product, there's a risk that it'll break you out -- but it's not that expensive, and, if it doesn't work for you, I bet you could convince a friend or family member to buy it from you. Use the hype to your advantage!

I think bb cream is great, it can be used however u wish,as a base, moisturizer or tint. It is a moisturizer with high spf and coverage, along with healing properties that can help with hyperpigmentation, acne and other skin problems but this depends on the bb cream you buy.

This was originally made in germany by dermatologists. They would prescribe this to patients who have undergone laser surgery skin surgery for its soothing and healing properties.

I have friends who use this and love it. However all of them have different skin types and different brands of BB cream.

Although BB is mainly marketed to light complexion people and have only one or two color selections, it still makes as an excellent base or moisturizer. (MISSHA BB cream has a new color that is darker for hispanic and tan people like me)

One brand that people don't like and i have done a lot of research and watched several videos and no one seems to like BRTC bb cream and say it is awful.

Some favorites that people like are Dr. Jart (Gold or silver); Missha Perfect Cover; Skin 79 Super Plus Gold; Skin Food; and Legere White

I really think everyone should try it and do some research and find one that is suited for you.

I've been reading reviews and some people think that BB creams are just overhyped tinted moisturizers.

I broke out so badly from the Missha BB Cream. Only later did I read the ingredient label and find out there was mineral oil in it. D:

I broke out so badly from the Missha BB Cream. Only later did I read the ingredient label and find out there was mineral oil in it. D:

Mineral oil is non comedogenic.

I've been using bb Cream and itz great. I really like it. and it comes in a very easy container. also itz very buildable so it can cover alot if you really want it to. Also i got no breakouts from tis at all. unlike some other brands like cover girl tat just gave me 5 pimples everytime i apply it

Mineral oil is non comedogenic.

I know. But I've broken out badly from foundations with it - dunno why (maybe because I bought western formulations?). While I do tend to stay away from foundations with mineral oil in it, I won't rule them out, and I will consider them if I've heard from other people that they like it, or if it's a bestseller. Hence.... I bought Missha's to begin with.

I do use mineral oil to remove my eye makeup though.

Not gonna lie though, I got a sample of a BB cream called Dr. Young, from Dr. G's line. It has mineral oil in it. I tried it on two days ago and it has a really thick silicone - like feel to it, but it was spreadable and really evened out my skintone. It feels light and has a medium coverage. While I wore it only for a day, I couldn't really say whether it made my acne worse or better (since one, it was only a day and two, I just started a new skin regimen), but I do like that it doesn't come off and lasted through hot weather. I can't really say that it made my skin worse. I might give it another shot another day.

I use Skinfood Aloe in shade 1 right now and it's great for me. medium but buildable coverage, high spf and moisturizing.

My only issue is that it's about 1/2 shade too dark for me, so I mix it with a mineral sunscreen with titanium dioxide to lighten it up.

Overall, I wouldn't say BB creams are magical, but they are a much better choice for my skin than heavy liquid or powder concealers. I am not a fan of cake-up, and I like the sheerer coverage BB creams provide.

As to whitening, just watch out and try to read labels. Skinfood Aloe does not contain whitening ingredients, so that would be safe, and shade 2 is slightly darker than 1, so it may match darker skintones better.

Adding to this thread - I also use BB cream and love it! My fave is L'egere White, but I have olive skin and the BB creams are all a tad too white for me, so I put a layer of my regular mineral makeup over the BB cream, plus a smidge of bronzer and I'm good to go :)

It's pretty old now. I've been using BB cream for about 3 years. I'm currently using Skin79 Oriental Gold and it is my favorite one. The only thing I don't like about it would be the pump, you have to be careful or you'll end up wasting too much.

http://hairbb.com/hair-care-products/image...0BB%20Cream.jpg

It includes a cream blush as well.

Keep in mind that BB cream does not provide high coverage. You will most likely need concealer.

Edited by Sephora

Hey all,

I used BB cream on two different occasions, both for about 1 week at a time. Both times I used it I broke out in a rash on my cheeks... which is too bad because I loved the consistency, coverage, and color of it. It actually matches your skin tone after a minute or so!

As an added plus, since I live in Asia BB cream is really cheap here (about 6 bucks). Maybe there's another kind of BB cream that won't make me break out in a rash... has this happened to anyone else?

That page is a huge sales pitch with no listed ingredients.

You kind of have to go beyond the fluff and dig into the dirt of the matter.

It's a tinted moisturizer,and it doesn't say it has anything in it that sets it apart from another tinted cream.It says it's different,but what specifically in it makes it unique?

I used to use bb creams, but I've recently switched to liquid foundations. It's definitely more like a tinted moisturizer bc it has moisturizing ingredients in it. The coverage is definitely buildable, but I didn't like the staying power for any of the ones I tried (about 7 different kinds). Plus, after all the layers, it felt so thick and caked on. I have combination skin, and the bb cream would always melt off once my t-zone started getting oily, making my face look splotchy and uneven. Plus, I have a lot of red marks on my cheeks, and after a few hours, they would shine through. AND, it over-moisturized my skin (I applied 3 layers every morning), so my face was shiny all day... I had to touch it up at least once each hour.

I might return to BB creams once my skin has cleared up and I don't feel the need to cake on foundation before venturing out in public. It would be nice to use if I had perfect skin and just wanted to even out my skin tone in the morning. For now, I use a very thin layer as a makeup primer since I have so much of it sitting around.

Edited by fourfivesix