Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ToughLove

are there other problems you are dealing with besides acne?

split ends and crappy nails.. man, i sound like such a princess (:

also haven't been for a decent run/training sesh in ages.

I'm like...5'7 or 5'8, tall enough that 100 pounds is extremely underweight and not so attractive =P

lol im ur height, or maybe a bit shorter. im 5'7 and weigh a bit over 134 pounds - on the lower side of normal. if im 134 and ur 100, hmmmmmmmm u need to put on weight ! what on earth do u eat....or not eat :P id hand u a giant burger if u were closer !

problem wise, i dunno...thin hair but a lot of it, bad eye sight, weak lower back, scars, fair skin and a big forehead....its kinda funny when we all list our problems. we all sound like a mismatch, but by everyones pics, u look great..

Edited by sydney_fellow

Most of my clothes have rips and I'm too poor to afford new ones

I have a mole on my right cheek, which some say is cute but I hate it.

Many of my eyelashes came out on my right eye after using an eyelash curler :(:(

My hair has been so dry and tangly after I last dyed it.

I have a scar from a staph infection on my left leg, so I haven't wore shorts/skirts/dresses in over three years.

My nose is too big.

I have indented scars all over my face, stretch marks on my thighs and knees despite being underweight, my hair and eyelashes are falling out, my entire GI tract sounds like a coffee percolator after I eat, I have IBS and acid reflux on a regular basis and very little energy most of the time, and have some sort of social anxiety. Oh, and I'm unemployed and in tens of thousands of dollars worth of college debt.

But other than that, my life is just dandy. :dance:

Lets see? Dealing with the death of my brother in law at 57 from cancer, a daughter that is dating a imature guy, one that is dealing with all of the nastiness of a break up, that he cheated on her and she gets trashed for it, a husband who pulls a crazy stunt at work and hopefully won't get fired for it! a manager who bought a house that she can't afford,plus the multitude of bills to go along with that deal, and now who is "crabbin" about how many hours she needs to pay for all of that and will probably ask and expect me to give up mine, a cracked tooth that I have had for a month and can't get into a dentist to get fixed! and on top of all that I lost about 200 dollars worth of meat in my freezer because it went down, my sweeper blew up, I am having troubles with my vehicle and will have to be searching for another soon! Oh ya, acne, wrinkles, lines, puffiness and discoloration and all of the wonderful other things to go through when menopause hits!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Elf

This is a reply to the original poster:

If you have acne and MPB, then they are both probably caused by hyperandrogenism...if you were to take an anti-androgen, you could potentially achieve both clear skin AND halt or even reverse your hair loss...!

If you have acne and MPB, then they are both probably caused by hyperandrogenism...if you were to take an anti-androgen, you could potentially achieve both clear skin AND halt or even reverse your hair loss...!

I am almost clear now thanks to Dans regimen.. for my hair loss, I decided to take saw palmetto berry extract 160mg. 6 capsules a day which is suppose to block DHT. I'm also going to be washing my scalp with head and shoulders anti-dandruff which is suppose to keep my scalp clean so new hair can start growing. if none of this works, I'm just going to shave my hair off and not worry about it.

Scars, nose, brace, a sick mum, thin hair, dark circles and I don't like my voice. But I just realised that everything could be so much worse. I feel great today, despite my acne is much worse than usual :D

*Starts randomly singing*

@Sydney - dude that's the thing, I guess I just have really fast metabolism or something. I eat everything....there's no reason I shouldn't been gaining at least a few pounds.

Edited by Jay326

I don't think men can suffer with hyperandrogenism, isn't that where women take on masculine features such as a deeper voice, increased facial and body hair etc?

Please correct me if I'm wrong here...

too thin, but since the start if the year ive gone from 139lb up to 165lb, going the right way, still a twig though really.. will get where i want to be on that front in about a years time hopefully.

ohh and my hair, im looking rather like a lion at the moment, never know what to do with it though, i dont do short short hair.

you're complaining? I'm 6 feet tall and used to weigh 124 lbs. Ive started working out an eating more and now weigh 136. still don't see much of a difference :(

too thin, but since the start if the year ive gone from 139lb up to 165lb, going the right way, still a twig though really.. will get where i want to be on that front in about a years time hopefully.

ohh and my hair, im looking rather like a lion at the moment, never know what to do with it though, i dont do short short hair.

you're complaining? I'm 6 feet tall and used to weigh 124 lbs. Ive started working out an eating more and now weigh 136. still don't see much of a difference :(

yeah im complaining as seriously im still a twig, but like we'll both get there if we keep at it :). I took me ages to get smarted up on how many cals i should be eating and whats the best work out for someone like me to be doing. goodluck dude!..

not sure it's gonna make me feel that much better about myself, but it feels better knowing im trying at least.

it's impossible to gain 26 pounds in 6 months and have it be healthy or "the right way"

I beg to differ.

it's impossible to gain 26 pounds in 6 months and have it be healthy or "the right way"

i eat as healthy as possible, but yeah i was gaining far to fast at the start by eating abit to much, and have sorted out my diet since and as such my gaining has slowed alot down too.. :)

to be fair that still overall works out at 1lb a week.. which i reckon is fine for newbie gains at the start anyway

Edited by o_Adam_o

i eat as healthy as possible, but yeah i was gaining far to fast at the start by eating far to much, and have sorted out my diet since and as such my gaining has slowed alot down too.. :)

to be fair that still overall works out at 1lb a week.. which i reckon is fine for newbie gains at the start anyway

Its normal to gain really fast at the start mate, as you probably know it won't all be lean mass, there will be water, and extra glycogen storage in the muscles as your body gets used to the workouts (which can account for about 10% of your body weight) and probably some fat gain too.

I got disheartened when the gains slowed down, but kept going as I was getting lots of encouragment and it paid off.

i eat as healthy as possible, but yeah i was gaining far to fast at the start by eating far to much, and have sorted out my diet since and as such my gaining has slowed alot down too.. :)

Its normal to gain really fast at the start mate, as you probably know it won't all be lean mass, there will be water, and extra glycogen storage in the muscles as your body gets used to the workouts (which can account for about 10% of your body weight) and probably some fat gain too.

I got disheartened when the gains slowed down, but kept going as I was getting lots of encouragment and it paid off.

yeah i know, im really motivated with it to, i really didnt think i'ld enjoy working out to begin with, but now i really enjoy it! i know its going to take a good year or more to get to where i want to, but i'll get there one day :)

yeah i know, im really motivated with it to, i really didnt think i'ld enjoy working out to begin with, but now i really enjoy it! i know its going to take a good year or more to get to where i want to, but i'll get there one day :)

Yea, at first you have to force yourself to get in the gym, it feels like such a chore, but pretty soon it just becomes a big part of your life, almost an addiction lol

Do you find it helps you mentally too? No matter whats going on in my life, problems and frustrations etc, you can just forget about them for an hour and just concentrate on training, you go in feeling like sh!t and come out feeling refreshed and happy.

I honestly don't know what Id do without the gym!

Anyway, good luck achieving your goals :D

Rosacea

on/off Stomach problems (possible IBS?)

scar on face

Social Anxiety (although steadily sorting this out)

140 Ibs @ 6"1 - too thin basically

I hear ya about being too thin (relative to height of course), It's a real pain but I'm actually sort of getting to use to the whole idea at the moment surprisingly. Will still try my best to put on some healthy mass but I'm not going to stress out about it.

Cyclothymia and Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Physically? I've been told I am a regulation hottie, but I don't believe it for a second. I don't think I ever fully got over the time I was thisclose to being anorexic, I ALWAYS see pudge where others see perfection. I ALWAYS obsess about food and weight and exercise and clothing sizes and muscle mass vs. fat mass and blah blah freakin blah... I am ever so slowly healing, it just seems I have periodic setbacks.

Edited by ShadowGirl93

I'm very thin. 5'0 and barely 80 pounds. The doctor is always telling me I've "dropped off the weight chart again". :shifty:

But I'm only 14 (almost)! So it's okay to be small still, right?

Also, I have extremely pale skin that sunburns like HECKA.

Yea, at first you have to force yourself to get in the gym, it feels like such a chore, but pretty soon it just becomes a big part of your life, almost an addiction lol

Do you find it helps you mentally too? No matter whats going on in my life, problems and frustrations etc, you can just forget about them for an hour and just concentrate on training, you go in feeling like sh!t and come out feeling refreshed and happy.

I honestly don't know what Id do without the gym!

Anyway, good luck achieving your goals :D

Yeah not only forcing to go there at first, but also the battle to get food down you. I'm kinda surprised by how little i used to eat compared to now, and i really feel like i have more energy too which can only help anyway.

moderate/severe anaemia, recovering anorexic, anxiety, mild scoliosis, overall terrible bone density and tooth problems that are probably caused by the same lack of calcium/vitamin D (even though i am on supplements), obsessive compulsive tendencies (even ones that aren't related to my skin), and i faint easily. oh and motion sickness.