Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ToughLove

are there other problems you are dealing with besides acne?

well not only have I suffered from acne for almost 8 years now(almost clear now with dans regimen) I am also dealing with men hair loss. I went to the DERM yesterday and she told me straight up that i'm going BALD.. I still haven't lost all my hair yet(I have a lot still). but I keep losing hair each day. Well my derm gave me some rogaine spray, but I have a feeling that is just going to delay the hair loss and i'll end up being bald anyways like my father... but tbh, I rather be bald than have acne because I know I will look sexy with or without hair as long as I'm acne free :) .. anyone else dealing with other problems besides acne?

Edited by ToughLove

Hey, i suppose baldness isn't so bad. I personally aside from acne, am dealing with a case of ingrown hair. I still have no idea how come they occur, as i am not triggering it in any way. I very rarely weared a second pair of tight pants (well, winter, when it's cold. Yoiu get it) So... that and i'm also abit of unlucky with my skin genetically. Seing as my acne's origins are hormonal AND genetic, i ALSO have a mild case of Keratosis Pilaris (more then sure that it's my grandpa's genetics). It's not so noticable yet, but you can clearly feel it with the touch of a hand.

That's my story...

Yeah, i have wierd genetics which result in my having canine teeth where my second incisors are supposed to be and I have no adult second incisors so I had to have a fakey crown put in at 21... sexeh!

I get ingrowns really really easily, I think its connected to the skin type which gets acne to be honest though. loads of skin cells or something blocking whatever pores become inflamed (so waxing... bad plan for me)

I also have IBS and for a girl I have thin hair which is the only thing really stopping me from trying accutane as I don't want to be bald.

Dispite all this I am regrded as attractive.... which I am grateful for...

too thin, but since the start if the year ive gone from 139lb up to 165lb, going the right way, still a twig though really.. will get where i want to be on that front in about a years time hopefully.

ohh and my hair, im looking rather like a lion at the moment, never know what to do with it though, i dont do short short hair.

Edited by o_Adam_o

Tons!

Cold sores, eczema, allergies, anemia, asthma, easily sunburned skin and worrying birthmarks. My dentist always complains to me about my teeth just like my hairdresser complains about my hair. I pay myself sick for all the pills and products I need.

Edited by UFOrescue

Like King Rat, too many to name...but Adam...geez you think 139 lbs is too thin? I'd kill to be 139 lbs...I only weigh 100 and that's obviously really bad x_X

Like King Rat, too many to name...but Adam...geez you think 139 lbs is too thin? I'd kill to be 139 lbs...I only weigh 100 and that's obviously really bad x_X

well i guess it depends how tall you are as well.. im 6"

I'm like...5'7 or 5'8, tall enough that 100 pounds is extremely underweight and not so attractive =P

For what it's worth, I don't find really skinny guys unattractive at all. In fact I love scrawny small guys. With wide shoulders. ^_^ lol

I have IBS as well I think. It may have been a result of accutane. It's IBS or inflamed intestines.

ps gaining weight seems more fun than losing it. I am confounded by people who try to gain body mass. Though i've been a chub chub since I was a toddler.

ps gaining weight seems more fun than losing it. I am confounded by people who try to gain body mass. Though i've been a chub chub since I was a toddler.

why does it confuse you?!..

i'ld much rather be losing it then trying to gain... eating 3500 cals a day is tough going, well healthy anyway!

Edited by o_Adam_o

I eat like a pig and don't gain any weight atall.. 6'5 160ish pounds :(:(:(

your not eating enough then simple..

I'm like...5'7 or 5'8, tall enough that 100 pounds is extremely underweight and not so attractive =P

100lbs? fuck. now i feel fat.

um. freckles too. HATE them. people are always like awww they are so cute. no. they are not. lol

uhh red face. but. i think that comes from all the acne meds so that will go away eventually.

big ass/thighs. not cool. jeans don't fit well cuz the rest of my body is small. THEN bam big ass/thighs.

uh..well i have anxiety. used to have sleeping problems. woohhh. periods of depression.

physically- i have hypothyroidism, and this past year i had trigeminal neuralgia (which has been described as the most painful experience a human can endure, even more painful than childbirth), luckily that went away with a prescription... but that usually doesnt happen, so i really am lucky...

now in my personal life... theres been way to many terrible things i have had to deal with to even begin to talk about it.. all these things always make my head feel so crowded

Edited by runjennyrunnn

Absolutely. My mom has stage IV pancreatic cancer. Acne sucks, but this is truly painful.

I'm so sorry! That is truly painful. :comfort: I sure wish there was something I could say to help make it better but I know there isn't. Please stay strong, that's all I can say. You're in my best wishes.

Guest DireStraits

Farout dude thats thin. Im 5'6 and around 135lbs and i still look thin.

Dude by any chance would your weight loss have co-incided with you roaming the holistic section, where they tell you to cut out so much fkn food from your diet that you just go all bone?

Edited by DireStraits

Nah bro, I have gone on a few of those diets there but they never last long. I've always been super skinny even though I eat like an obese person :/

I have no social life. Or life in general. The town I live in sucks ass because it's hot as hell all summer long and there's nothing to do. My parents hate each other and I can't stand to be around them. Every member of my family is somewhat crazy. I spend all my time in my own house, by myself with my dog because both my parents have jobs with different shifts. I'm too tall to go shopping for clothes like a normal girl does, since no store carries size 11+ womens shoes. I spend all my money on acne systems because our family is constantly not having enough money to pay bills, so I give all the money I can to buy everything. I don't have any actual friends.