Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noni75

Cyst? Infection? Desperate!

I am new to acne.org and have come searching for some help and supprot that I can't find anywhere else. I am 33 years old and have had acne all of my life. It sounds like what I really have are cysts or hormonal acne, although I have only been diagnosis with acne vulgaris. I am using epiduo at night. I must admit that when my skin is clear, I tend to forget to use it everyday. I am afraid to use any kind of soap, lotion, or make-up.

I have had this thing (I will call a cyst 'cause I just don't know what it is) for about 4 weeks. It is very tender to the touch and red (I think probably infected). There isn't any pus, but these fiber like strings that I can literally pinch with a tweezer and pull out. I know don't touch and don't play with it. I hope that I am not the only one with OCD and no will power to leave the thing alone. Can any one tell me what these fiber-like things are? What I can do to get rid of it and prevent these horrible things in the future? I have tried the salicytic acid pads and they seem to help dry it out and bring the fibers to the surface.

I am desperate. I am so embarassed to go out of the house. I do not want to be seen by anyone, not even my children or wonderful husband. I can't get into the dermo until 7/23. Please help! I have had it! :(

hi, see my response to john509er, acne cysts... look in this same section for acne cysts. if you can't locate it, i'll retype for you. i'm 47 and i still get terribly embarrassed by my cystic acne.

zits5036