Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcnePrincessXoX

**New Noxzema Product for Adult Acne**

Hey everyone!

So, I was flipping through US Weekly when I saw an advertisement for the new Noxzema product called "Noxzema:Clean Blemish Control for Adult Skin"...I was wondering if anybody has given it a try or is considering it...so far the only reviews I found were all positive. It only has 1% salicylic acid and is oil and alcohol free...sounds pretty good right? Well they got two products as far as I know...one is a daily scrub and the other is a foaming wash. I'm considering trying this new product for those stubborn pimples that won't go away.

xoxo :wub:

hey i just bought this today. my skin is VERY sensitive when I use the wrong kind of cleanser; too much salicylic acid dries me out, none makes me break out, too much alcohol irritates, etc etc.

so i went online and searched for washes with anything less than 2% salicyclic acid and no alcohols and voile. i've always liked Noxzema because it never dried my skin out but i couldn't use it consistently because (again) the lack of any SA made me breakout. i've only washed my face with it once but i can honestly say i felt the difference right away and i think i'm in love haha. i bought the scrub. i'll check back in a week, let you know how it goes...

just an update.

still using the cleanser and still getting the same awesome results :) i hope other people see this who are struggling to find effective cleansers that don't irritate more sensitive skin.

Scrubs and cleansers with SA simply don't provide the exfoliating, comedone fighting properties that SA is meant for - it's at the wrong pH. Scrubs and cleansers are almost invariably at an alkaline pH, and SA needs a pH of 3-4 to do its work. Even the anti-inflammatory effects, which are exerted at any pH, only occur when the SA can penetrate the skin. That doesn't happen in the time it takes to wash or scrub your face, meaning you're basically letting the active ingredients run down the drain. I'm glad the scrub is working for someone, but I assure you, it has nothing to do with the salicylic acid.

Edit: I probably sound like a broken tape recorder on this point right now, but I just can't stand when products aren't formulated to WELL KNOWN and accepted standards. It's cheating people out of their money, plain and simple.

Edited by greentiger87

Scrubs and cleansers with SA simply don't provide the exfoliating, comedone fighting properties that SA is meant for - it's at the wrong pH. Scrubs and cleansers are almost invariably at an alkaline pH, and SA needs a pH of 3-4 to do its work. Even the anti-inflammatory effects, which are exerted at any pH, only occur when the SA can penetrate the skin. That doesn't happen in the time it takes to wash or scrub your face, meaning you're basically letting the active ingredients run down the drain. I'm glad the scrub is working for someone, but I assure you, it has nothing to do with the salicylic acid.

Edit: I probably sound like a broken tape recorder on this point right now, but I just can't stand when products aren't formulated to WELL KNOWN and accepted standards. It's cheating people out of their money, plain and simple.

great info, greentiger!