Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK so i am a 17 year old male. i used to have bad face, chest and back acne. it has all gone away.

just recently my acne on my face started. so i made sure i am eating healthy and washing my face regulary with clean and clear face wash and using a face scrubbing tool from neutragena.

ITS ONLY GETTING WORSE. it went from 3 little things to a full on break out. i am lost and dont know what to do. i play sports and i wash my face after each practice to rid of oils.

someone please help idk what to do anymore. the acne is red and is just scarring. please help and thx.

i also would like to add i started using retin-a so does that change the anything?

Edited by xxshane

Retin A will most likely clear up acne, however, before it begins to clear it up, it will destroy your face. How long have you been on it? Washing your face excessively can contribute too. also, don't pick at your acne. not as easy as it sounds but picking leads to scarring.

may i ask, how did you get rid of your acne before?

If your playing sports then it's important you don't do a third wash, it can cause irritation.

i wake up in the morning and i have UFC practice. I come home take a shower and wash my face witht eh clean and clear foaming cleanser. then when i get out i use vaseline for men. you use it on ur face after you shower and it provides a cooling sensation as well as i dont get all dry all day.

at night i come home and once again wash my face with the clean and clear. Then i put a light layer of Retin-A on my cheeks, nose, and chin.

I dont pick at my face at all. I try my best not to touch it. so idk whats going on.

i stopped using the facial scrubber cause it was irritating my skin bad.

so there you have it my daily routine. Yet i still have all this darn acne.

I know how you feel. You seem to be doing everything right diet wise and you still break out.

Do you think some fruit you're eating might be causing problems? I've personally found oranges to be a problem for me. Green apples seem to make me break out as well. I've heard that bananas, kiwis, peaches and strawberries can be causes for others.

I've also heard that it can be hard digesting wheat, so if you think that might be a problem, you can try cutting it out for a few days to see if it makes a difference.

And if you're eating anything with hydrogenated oils in it (like some peanut butters), that could be causing you to break out too.

This is over and above the advice for cutting out dairy/refined sugar, which I assume you've done already.

Maybe nuts are breaking you out, too.

In any case, maybe you could try eating just meat (fish/chicken/lean meats) and vegetables for a few days and see how it affects your skin. I know one or two bowls of coleslaw (without dressing) is particularly helpful. As are carrots, broccoli, sugar snap peas, etc etc.

Hope that helps

i wake up in the morning and i have UFC practice. I come home take a shower and wash my face witht eh clean and clear foaming cleanser. then when i get out i use vaseline for men. you use it on ur face after you shower and it provides a cooling sensation as well as i dont get all dry all day.

at night i come home and once again wash my face with the clean and clear. Then i put a light layer of Retin-A on my cheeks, nose, and chin.

I dont pick at my face at all. I try my best not to touch it. so idk whats going on.

i stopped using the facial scrubber cause it was irritating my skin bad.

so there you have it my daily routine. Yet i still have all this darn acne.

Check your products ingredients list. It sounds as though that 'cooling' sensation may be sign of menthol or some other such additive....and that can be irritating for acne prone skin.

The following two links are to websites that list comedogenic ingredients. You can research the ingredients in your product(s) and determine if any might be problematic. The second link is to a PDF so if your computer is old or cranky, your computer might freeze. Remember that the further down on the list of ingredients, the less percentage of that ingredient is in the product. So a comedogenic ingredient that is in the last half of an ingredient list may or may not cause you problems. http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

http://facerealityskincare.com/img/Pore%20...Skin%20Care.pdf

Please read the following post on how topical retinoids work and why patience and perseverance is required when using topical retinoids: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Info-reti...ial-t98395.html Please also realize that at least three months on the medication is required for noticing full benefit. You may experience an 'initial breakout' (explained in previous link) that's due to the purging effect of retinoids.

well thx for the help guys/gals. I have started to go swimming and i have cuts some of the foods i eat. Iam going to continue using Retin-A each night before bed.

since my first post i have started to see improvement. i never in my life have achieved a 100% clear face.

My last question to everyone is how do i get rid of the scarring and the damage i have already made. My forehead looks like someone took a cheese grader to it. yes sadly thats what it is. is there any products out there that i can use that wont make me brake out more and still heal the scars. i know nothing is a quick fix. but i start school in a little over a month and i want to walk in tall and proud.

So please to anyone who knows any products no matter the price i will be so happy. I want smooth skin that is soft to the touch without the girls being repulsed by the whiteheads attacking my face.

and as an additive i wpuld like to know a routine that is best. to both reduce the irritation and allow my skin to heal quicker. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR UR HELP ON SUCH A NASTY SUBSTANCE THAT MOST PEOPLE WONT EVEN GO TO THEIR DOCTOR TO GET CHECKED CAUSE THEY ARE EMBARRESED.

You could check out this video I found on youtube the other day on how a woman cleared up her scars through a raw food diet. That's just a diet that refers to eating only fruits/vegetables/nuts/seeds since those are the most easily digestible foods and quickens the body's ability to heal itself naturally.

I'm not sure I'm allowed to post the link, just look for "healing acne scars raw food" on youtube and you should come across it.