Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Umkazar

Really dry skin, mouistiouser does not help

When ever i put the BP on i get white flaks all over the areas, i put mouistouiser on but it rarely makes it better. What can i do, i do not like haveing white flaks (they are very large to, you can see them very well it makes my face look like it is all peeling).

I had the same problem at first. Its most likely because your skin isnt used too the BP and you're putting a little too much on too start. The flaking and dryness will go after the first week or so, but use a bit less BP and lots of moisturizer for now, and slowly work your way up.

My skin still flakes a bit because I dont have a great exfoliator at the moment, but it isnt dry, it just looks like it is because of all the flakes biggrin.gif

What moisturizer do you use? If you've been on the regimen a couple weeks and havent upgraded to Eucerin, I strongly recommend it. It works wonders on dry skin.

All you can do is

1) Reduce the amount of BP you are putting on

2) Moisturize more often

That's all you really can do!

After a few weeks, Eucerin Skin Renewal is the way to go. Problem solved. For reals.

I've been using Eucerin for about a week (maybe two) now. My skin is still quite dry and flaky. I ordered off drugstore.com, but I live in Arizona so when it arrived it was very hot and very "liquidy," after it cooled it is still rather liquid like, i.e. a small drop will roll slowly of my finger (it was like water when it arrived, though). Do you suppose it could have become deconstituted or something?

BTW, aside from the dryness/roughness(which seems worse than it is because I always have stubble wink.gif) the Regimen really seems to be working. Although I'm not completely clear(haven't hit the two month mark, though) new blemishes go away sooner, and, aside from some occasional redness, the regimen has really seemed to even out my skin tone (a pleasant surprise, I must say)

That happened to me, even when my skin calmed down and was used to the BP after a few weeks. So, I changed my moisturiser to a Vitamin E cream, and moisturised before I applied the BP. I know many people say not to do this, but it's worked for me, and I haven't broken out or anything because of it. Try it and see if it works.

When ever i put the BP on i get white flaks all over the areas, i put mouistouiser on but it rarely makes it better. What can i do, i do not like haveing white flaks (they are very large to, you can see them very well it makes my face look like it is all peeling).