Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
britneyspearsinf

Going on Accutane but also on a cruise!

I'm obviously going to ask my doctor this question, but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with being in the sun while on Accutane. I'm starting Accutane July 28 and will be going on a 5-day cruise August 9. I'm ok with wearing a lot of sunscreen, but I already have my cruise tickets and really don't want to be indoors the entire time. My only other option is to push back my treatment until I get back. Has anyone been on it and been ok with just wearing a high SPF while in the sun for extended periods of time? :/

Edited by britneyspearsinf

I had to go to a sports camp all day in the blistering hot sun while on tane. i was fine. Just wear like SPF 70 or above on your face and reapply often. and just check on it and have other ppl tell u if u look pink or if ur burning. i wouldn't worry too much. BUT lather up even if ur only out for like 20 mins. and wear high SPF on ur body too.

and if ur outside try to stay in the shade, not necesarily inside. and a hat/sunglasses are a good idea!! keep the rays off the face.

You can be in the sun, but you would have to be VERY protected, high SPF and hat/staying in the shade. If you really want to tan, I'd suggest waiting until you get back since it's only a week or two difference. That way you can enjoy your vacation the way you want to. If I go in the sun, not only does my skin burn, but my lips get sunburned too (pretty painful).

I'm in the same boat. In two weeks I'll be going to Seaworld and of course it'll be hot and sunny. The thing is that I don't want to put on a high SPF of sunscreen due to the face that it ends up pilling and then flaking on my face. SPF 16 works fine but anything higher won't which is weird. I might just wear a hat and try to stay in the shade all day.