Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xena467

A little diet help?

Ok, so I've been eating pretty healthy the last 3 months-eating whole wheat cereal, whole wheat breads and pastas, having chicken and fish for dinner, having carrots,coleslaw, broccoli, sugar snap peas...None of these give me breakouts. But things that might are:

Green apples: I've recently been into these and I'm not sure why this is, but I've noticed after I eat one, a half hour or hour after I'll break out. Is it maybe from the wax on them? They're usually not organic and I wash them off before I eat em, but still....Has anyone broken out from eating green apples?

Canola oil: I use coleslaw dressing mixed with lightly packed tuna to make it taste better. And there's canola oil in the sweet potato fries I've been buying (ugh! and I thought they were a good alternative to potatoes!) But what else can I mix with tuna to make it taste good? And if I have to, how do I make my own sweet potato fries? Is there a machine I can get to cut them up into fry like strips?

btw, I'm 5'3 and 190 pounds. So I know I have to lose weight-I've started exercising this past week. I saw this girl at the store today though that was just as big as me but had really clear skin. It's not fair :P

Green apples: I've recently been into these and I'm not sure why this is, but I've noticed after I eat one, a half hour or hour after I'll break out. Is it maybe from the wax on them? They're usually not organic and I wash them off before I eat em, but still....Has anyone broken out from eating green apples?

Canola oil: I use coleslaw dressing mixed with lightly packed tuna to make it taste better. And there's canola oil in the sweet potato fries I've been buying (ugh! and I thought they were a good alternative to potatoes!) But what else can I mix with tuna to make it taste good? And if I have to, how do I make my own sweet potato fries? Is there a machine I can get to cut them up into fry like strips?

btw, I'm 5'3 and 190 pounds. So I know I have to lose weight-I've started exercising this past week. I saw this girl at the store today though that was just as big as me but had really clear skin. It's not fair :P

If you break out that fast from a food, then it's an allergic reaction.

Sweet potatoes are a great alternative to potatoes. Can't you eat them some other way besides fried?

Cut them with a knife into wedges or slices and coat with oil to bake. You can also cut them into chunks to steam then mash. They are also great in a simple curry. And great for breakfast. We have a whole thread devoted to sweet potatoes.

Use olive oil and vinegar, lemon or lime in your canned tuna or other fish. Along with chopped onions, garlic, herbs, etc.

If you're feeling kinda lazy, you can mix mustard with tuna. Citrus works very well with fish though as alternativista said. Make a salad of spinach with onions, cucumbers and stuff, chop up some cilantro, add fish, squeeze a lemon over top and some sea salt. You can add some oil too if you prefer.

I used to blend cottage cheese and tuna and put it on top of tomatoes and put all of that on top of bread if you feel like carbs but it seems that dairy breaks most people out around here.