Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xiled

Back on accutane again.. need help with my dosages!

So it's been a long time since I've done a course of accutane. Probably about 5 years.

I recently went to my GP and he's starting me off on 70mg/day for the first month. I think this is a pretty extreme initial dosage.. I remember starting off at 20mg/day then slowly moving up to 40mg then 70mg was my final dose for the last couple of months.

I got my script today and got all my tablets in 10mg.. what do you guys think I should start off at? I don't want the initial breakout to be unbearable, you know?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Well what are initial doses for anyway? to see how you react on accutane? because I dont think its to ease you into extreme vitamin a overdose like accutane does, I think it's just incase your liver does have a problem for the first month and see how you react on the blood test to the doctors know if you get a bad reaction to it, and seeing how youve taken it before and it didnt clear you for that long, 70mg isnt much

Like Steve32 said.

70mg isn't much. Especially for a guy.

I weigh 155 or so and I started at 80mg/day my first ever time taking accutane. Its just fine after 4 months nearly. Great results so far.

Edited by Jxr