Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skeptic_by_nature

sulfacetamide sodium anyone?

I've been on ampicillin & sulfacetamide sodium for about a month now. For the most part, my acne has cleared up except for an occasional small pimple (yay!).

I was wondering if anyone else has taken sulfacetamide sodium and is having trouble applying it? It's suuuuper liquidy and I was supposed to get a refill every month but I have barely used 1/4 of the bottle! I just don't feel like it's "sinking" into my skin..is that normal?

Also, has anyone tried going on Dan's regimen while still on prescription meds? I want to ween off of the prescription and just stick to Dan's regimen but I don't want to kill my skin trying to do that.

Any help will be appreciated! : )

i use a cream version. the one on my signature. i find that it works better when combined with sulfur. maybe you can ask for the cream instead of the liquid.

I've been using the sodium solfacetemide liquid form for over 3 years now as long term maintenance. I pour a pea size onto my finger an rub it into small areas and repeat the process till I cover the entire face. Don't expect it to absorb into your skin like cream products would. You also don't need to use a lot of for each application.

My 4oz bottle lasts me over 4 months, so don't worry about getting prescription every month. I also apply over the counter DDF sulfur mask for 30 minutes and wash it off. It helps dry any zit on the surface.

I tried weaning off prescription meds because of cost and switch to Dan's regimen twice, but BP is horrible for my skin and as patient and persistent I was, it does not work for me.