Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeadyB

Has anyone successfully beat their acne?!!? How?

Hey, I've been suffering from acne for 8 years and my skin today is the clearest it has ever been. Skin has gone through oily, dry, oil and dry stages and had about every type of acne that could be imagined (moderately severe). Though, I have the scars and redmarks left over and a couple of pustules still visible, its pretty close to be clear.

The secret was the vitamin therapy and eating many fruits/vegetables and foods which contain omega 3's-tuna, salmon, walnuts etc; Plus, drinking plenty of H2O and various fruit juices. Cut Milk and processed foods out or take sparingly. Also, Salads with natural olive oil with dark green lettuce is a huge plus. The goal is to flush your skin out and it will look worse before it gets better. Think of your skin as being very ill and it's just puking the infection out.

I'm glad so many of you have found a fix through eating habits and vitamins. But because I have never had acne until lately and my eating habits haven't changed much, I truly wonder why this is suddenly happening to me. Kind of a bummer. Just hoping this goes away. :(

Thats great. I gues sit really is about finding whats right for each person?

Any ladies out there beat their acne? Even during that time of the month??

It seems like not many people have actually beat this problem....but then again, they probably left this site.....

Ugh. Sorry to keep posting on here. Just really down, and need to read about some success stories. Especially from the women here.

Yea it's possible. I haven't read everyones postings but for me since using dan's products its been a huge difference. Just some background, i never really had any skin problems as a young teen, never through high school. I could not wash my face for seriously 4 days and nothing would happen. It wasn't until about my sophomore year of college that my face really exploded. I never really had acne all over my face, mainly around my chin, jaw line and near my eyes ( i wear a hat like everyday so thats probably why). I'd get cysts and when i would get pimples they would stick together and stay around for a while.

So finally I got proactiv, worked for a while then stopped. Found Dan's regimen, used it and saw really good improvements. I've been on it for about 2 years and yea I still have a break out every now and then. But I never have more than 2 small pimples on my face at a time. Around my chin I think i have scars so it may look like I have a little acne there but its hardly noticeable. Dan's stuff really does work. I would not advise ever going off of the BP and if you skip 3 days or more it will come back to bite you. Remember, it usually takes a week or so for a pimple to form. Another uplifting comment is i don't wear any makeup...at all. So for me to be able to do that now is insane. Even when I had acne i would never wear make up because i could literally feel it clogging my pores, it was horrible. so i just go without because i have pretty clear skin to wear its not necessary. don't lose hope. Before i knew it, i was 4 months into my regimen and all of a sudden i noticed i had clear skin.

plus, more than often no one ever had perfect skin. everyone has imperfections, its ok to have big pores and its actually quite impossible to "shrink" your pores with those cleansers, skin is skin. good luck!

oh I just saw your previous post. I do sometimes have a wicked outbreak when its that time of the month. Plus when i was getting ready to graduate college AND it was that time of the month...phew, look out. I actually got this wicked cyst on my chin one time riiight before it was time for finals and i was on the verge of graduating. it was seriously something special. but anytime i get one of those DO NOT MESS WITH IT. get a face cloth, do hot compresses every hour or so and apply a lot of BP on it. it'll go down.

I don't get cystic acne. Its all on the surface. White heads, blackheads, but mostly the angry red ones. Paples pustles? I dunno what they are called..... Oh well. Birth control makes cystic acne pretty much non existant, but I'm at a loss at how to treat the other stuff. Here's to hoping the Sodium Sulfacetamide kicks in. I also dont break out all over. Always a few spots right next to eachother. Like a rash.

Damn. I was hoping that this post would be flooded with responses. But thats kind of a dumb request, considering we are all here for the same reason. Good luck everyone.

I'm trying to bring this back to life!

Mainly because I'm starting to lose my mind over this battle. Everytime I think I look better, the next day is worse....

Edited by BeadyB

Yes. I used to suffer. I've been on this forum since 2007 because I needed help! I started to get acne at age of 14ish. I started to get 2-3 big acne on and off around age 18-21 which left me with some bad scars.. I was very upset, miserable, low self-esteem, etc. I stayed home hiding in my room playing video games.

Anyhow, I am 98% clear. I usually get zits around my mouth. I get some on my back.. like 2-3 occasionally. All I did was be patient and live healthy. I don't eat junk food.. even though I can eat junk food and not break out because I have it under control. But I chose to eat healthy for the rest of my life.

PS: I use proactiv.. I've been using their product for years.. Still applying BP twice a day or once a day. I think it's helping me a lot

Edited by EddieE

Congrats! A lot of people swear by Proactive, but I can't afford it. :(

I was using Epiduo, which is BP mixed with adepenaline....(totally forgot how to spell it)

buutttttt my insurance wont cover it. And BP for some reason, just turns me pink. Plus my acne isn't everywhere. And I still dont know the cause....so frustrating.

Well i did for a while, took accutane, but now im like 3months post, and i think it might be coming back. Like right now i got 4 pinsize whiteheads on my forehead, which probably doesnt sound like much, but im not sure if it means they are coming back. Accutane is still probably the best chance of being mostly clear though, haven't got any big pimples in a long time, and my blackheads are still gone.

Also proactive sucks, you're not missing out on much, it is basically just overpriced BP, and you already said you got problems with BP.

My acne is not severe enough for accutane... and it seems like the more I try to treat it, the worse it gets....

My mission: Just wash with my Cetaphil antibacterial bar soap. Thats it. After all, my acne was pretty much nonexistant except for the evil ones that turned into infections. Maybe I'm causing my own acne now? FML.

UGH. maybe simplicity is best. so sick of my life and my face!!!!!!!!

My acne is not severe enough for accutane... and it seems like the more I try to treat it, the worse it gets....

My mission: Just wash with my Cetaphil antibacterial bar soap. Thats it. After all, my acne was pretty much nonexistant except for the evil ones that turned into infections. Maybe I'm causing my own acne now? FML.

UGH. maybe simplicity is best. so sick of my life and my face!!!!!!!!

I agree, after suffering from stubborn acne for 5+ years and trying about every product out there, I believe simplicity is the way to go. Sleeping by 12:00 is most essential for me. It seems easy, but there is so much we all have to do these days, we end up sleeping late constantly without thinking about it twice. So, I sleep by 12:00 every night, get my 7-8 hours, lots and lots of green tea and cetaphil daily face wash in the morning and at night, face is finally clearing up (: good luck to you in your battle, don't give up!

Thanks!! :) I just started drinking green tea again. I felt it wasn't doing anything for me, but the overall health effects are worth it. Plus I need an alternative to soda! I'm glad you are finally clearing up.

:)

I keep reading some posts about people casually saying "well, now my skin is clear, but I can relate..."

PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU GOT CLEAR. I know it probably wont work for me. But I'm starting to become depressed (maybe clinically) and this is the kind of stuff that keeps me hopeful....

DKR. I had a sudden acne breakout this winter-- within 3 weeks my forehead was totally covered in big pustules-- and it's gone now. It takes a few months, but it's worth it. Order the products now.

I dunno if I would be a good candidate... Topicals make me break out more sometimes. PLus my acne is usually in one area only. Can I do the Regimen on just my chin/jawline?

Or does that defeat the purpose?

yea i have beat my acne. After I became a raw vegan, eventually, maybe 6 or 7 months later i didnt have acne anymore, not even those tiny little bumps, no black heads OR white heads, its all gone from just changing my diet to raw foods.

Acne was also genetic in my case, my mom still has severe severe acne and shes like 50..if i didnt change my diet sooner i would have ended up like her. i ALSO STOPPED WASHING MY FACE WITH ANYTHING. The only thing that touches my skin is WATER.

I exfoliate my skin with my own dead skin cells that flake off. I do it by rubbing my skin firmly, and my dead skin cells bundle up. After words, my skin feels really soft everywhere.

The only reason I'm on here is to get rid of acne scars since acne is no longer a problem of mine.

Congrats on the clear skin! I'm glad you found a method that works for you. I have tried altering my diet, with little results. I think my acne is strictly hormone/stress related.

Also, thanks to everyone keeping this post alive! I'm pretty pathetic checking this daily, but it really does help me out. So I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Yea but acne scars are much worse trust me.

I get stressed too, and have high hormones esp. on my period but i dont get acne anymore. I would really consider a raw vegan diet if you want to improve your skin and overall health and wellness...if you do, the first month you will break out like crazy when your body realeases toxins then your acne will start to dimish until its gone, then its clear permanently.

You can also eat sweets, i know how to make raw chocolate, raw pie, raw pasta, only made form raw fruits and veggies!!

I'm not trying to push ppl into being raw but, i experienced alot of benefits eating this way n wanna let ppl know.

Good luck.