Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A while ago I had a gigantic pimple and I didn't know what to do, so I bought Proactive and used it. It took 2 weeks for it to go away, and I had to go to school mon-fri each week until it was gone. If I get another pimple like this or if someone else gets one, I would like a slightly quicker solution to be available. I'm not sure how to put a picture up here but it is attached. So if you can not view the image please notify me and tell me how to make it viewable.

post-128649-1278558097_thumb.jpg

post-128649-1278558267_thumb.jpg

post-128649-1278558097_thumb.jpg

post-128649-1278558267_thumb.jpg

Moved to the Severe acne board.

The Announcements And Feedback board is for discussing technical issues with regards to the boards.

Typical kid so sorry you have had to deal with this :(

By the looks of things a dermatologist would be my first recommendation.

If that is impossible than some anti inflammatories would be very helpful as that looks like you have some extreme inflammation.

Ice the bugger ----- Wynn has great tips on tackling cysts

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/cyst-pimp...it-t166343.html

Aspirin both topically and internally is a great anti inflammatory - Check your dosage/can be an allergen to some people

Omega 3 supplements

Zinc

Anti inflammatory foods -

http://www.integrative-healthcare.org/mt/a...inflammato.html

1) Food that contains polyphenols, which dampen inflammation with phytochemicals. Examples include blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, cranberries, cherries and green tea.

2) Quercetin containing foods. This flavanoid is also a natural anti-inflammatory. Examples include red grapes, red and yellow onions, garlic, broccoli and apples.

3) Antioxidants protect the body from free radicals, which can trigger inflammation. Examples of foods high in antioxidants are carrots, winter squash, bell peppers, tomatoes, spinach and kale.

4) Omega-3 fatty acids have significant anti-inflammatory properties. Omega-3’s can inhibit natural inflammatory chemicals such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. According to Andrew Weil, MD, “Inflammation is regulated by a group of hormones called prostaglandins. Some prostaglandins intensify the inflammatory response while others reduce it. Aspirin, ibuprofen and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs work on the prostaglandin system. The body makes prostaglandins from fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids tend to decrease inflammation while omega-6 fats and trans fats increase inflammation.†Examples of foods rich in omega-3’s are salmon, tuna, mackerel, anchovies, sardines, flaxseed oil, dark leafy greens and walnuts.

5) Oleic Acid contains omega-9 fatty acids, which supports the omega-3’s. Examples of foods rich in omega-9’s are almonds, macadamia nuts, canola oil and olive oil. Researchers at the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia reported on olive oil in the September 1, 2005 issue of Nature. Their tests showed that a component of extra virgin olive oil, oleocanthal, inhibited cox-1 and cox-2 molecules associated with pain and inflammation, just as ibuprofen does.

6) Turmeric is an Indian spice that gives curry its color, and has a long history of use as an anti-inflammatory herb in many traditional medicines.

Sorry for the uber hippy advice I know you may have have been looking for a fantastic zit killing product that you apply and go but in my experience the above advice has worked far better than any product I have bought off the shelf.

i got a few of those. don't squeeze or touch them when they are hard. After a week, they will get soft and just gently get all the pus out.