Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luvskincare13

Decided I am for sure getting laser this December!!!!

As you can see My skin can look like an absolute horrifying mess. I am tired of thinking about it. I figure I will get a laser treatment and just hope for the best.

Edited by jackiey

I have decided to get the active fx laser. I found a dermatologist I trust and the cost will be 1800.00.

I am excited and nervous. I hope to not make things worse

but I am not happy with my skin. On this board alot of people think my skin is mild but in reality it is not.

I think my skin has that DAMN factor to it or at least thats what I think when I see it in the mirror.

My skin looks good in some lights but horrendous in others.

I have just decided to go for it and hope that maybe it will do a little good!!!

I have decided to get the active fx laser. I found a dermatologist I trust and the cost will be 1800.00.

I am excited and nervous. I hope to not make things worse

but I am not happy with my skin. On this board alot of people think my skin is mild but in reality it is not.

I think my skin has that DAMN factor to it or at least thats what I think when I see it in the mirror.

My skin looks good in some lights but horrendous in others.

I have just decided to go for it and hope that maybe it will do a little good!!!

hmm, its funny to see we have similar scarring and are going for completely different approaches. i know your scars have been bothering you for ages and its good to be at least doing something. im excited to see how it turns out for you.

Well it seems like ages but really only 3 years

I hope yours goes well too.

I am very excited for you

Im excited toooo. i think ive finally come across a good selection of treatments. its just the waiting which is getting to me. ill miss ya when you go, its been good having you to chat to about all this :)

which laser you thinking about jackiey?

Careful, many people like myself have got more damage from a laser. Also its common you get permanent shiny looking skin. Also have you looked into alternatives like tca and needling . Those methods dont desrtoy the good skin that you have. They only fix the scars. Any how you can do needling or tca at home for under 100 bucks. Lasers imho are garbage and should be more closely regulated for scar treatment as many derms are just trying to make a profit of the machine.

Hey, your skin doesn't look like a horrifying mess at all.

I'm actually surprised that you are considering laser for such minimal scarring.

I think a few months of dermarolling would probably sort your scars out. You don't appear to have any skin discolouration which is a huge plus side.

hi jackiey,

I want to state my opinion in that I believe you should do some needling and/or TCA cross before attempting laser. The laser you mention as your treatment is very unlikely to lift your scars.

Needling/TCA break up the scar tissue... which is necessary to break the fibers holding them down, produce collagen, and lift them. Laser can help in smoothing the end results of these procedures if you feel you need a touchup.

If you're just going to stick with laser though, you will end up paying more than what you were quoted, as you will likely need several treatments. And probably something more substantial like what Dudley has been doing...

hi jackiey,

I want to state my opinion in that I believe you should do some needling and/or TCA cross before attempting laser. The laser you mention as your treatment is very unlikely to lift your scars.

Needling/TCA break up the scar tissue... which is necessary to break the fibers holding them down, produce collagen, and lift them. Laser can help in smoothing the end results of these procedures if you feel you need a touchup.

If you're just going to stick with laser though, you will end up paying more than what you were quoted, as you will likely need several treatments. And probably something more substantial like what Dudley has been doing...

i agree with this. i have similar scars and am going to do tca cross and only then a laser treatment. i feel this is the best option, but hey no one else is me.

jackiey has been on here for a while. if she truly thinks its best for her, we have to support her with that. these things are often unpredictable. who knows what result will be.

i found some pics of a guy who had 5 fraxel restores (which everyone on here hates) and it shows nice smoothing...they often say an active fx is similar to 5 fraxel restores...so it might be a good indicaton. jackiey, ill show you the link:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...i&img=40279

Edited by sydney_fellow

dont do laser. Your scars are mild. and you may disagree but I can tell from your pictures that you are very mild. You would benefit from a retinoid topically over a long time period, mild occasional sun exposure with protection...and peels spread apart at proper intervals and maybe a tca cross. JMHO

Thanks for your replies!

I am doing the active fx for more then just treating scars. My overall complexion looks bad. I have wrinkles under my eyes and my whole face is actually darker then any other part of my body. I am fair and my face is like permanently tanned.

I do like to read here that some of you guys think my scars are mild. Compared to some here they are. However, in the general population my scars are probably looked at as moderatley bad. I do not think that others with GOOD skin could possibly think that I have just mild scarring. Maybe I am wrong and super critical but I consider mild scarring someone with a few shallow hardly noticeable at all scarring.

But thank you to all of you. Except for the rare few, you guys a tremendous help and are encouraging and kind!

I am soooo excited to try the laser. Just wanted to let you all know!!! I just wish it was October already

I think the laser wont do much for the scarred pores/ice-pick but I am hoping for the other whitish (rolling scars?)scars that it may lessen their appearance.

I know my skin wont turn into a poreless perfection but even a little improvement would make me happy

I am soooo excited to try the laser. Just wanted to let you all know!!! I just wish it was October already

I think the laser wont do much for the scarred pores/ice-pick but I am hoping for the other whitish (rolling scars?)scars that it may lessen their appearance.

I know my skin wont turn into a poreless perfection but even a little improvement would make me happy

i really wish youd give tca cross a try :( ur scars are perfect for it. its only a few more months and ull end up with even less noticable scars..then u could do the laser .ah well i know uve made ur decision. im very curious to see ur results :)

Jackiey, I didn't see your pictures the first time I posted. You look like a good candidate for the laser. Expect at least 2 treatments even though your scars look mild. Just yesterday I decided to have my 4th Re:pair done in October. I wish you the best of luck, and make sure you follow the pre and post laser instructions.

I believe I started taking the antibiotic just before the procedure. They gave me a Xanax one hour before and I was given prescriptions for Xanax, Lortab and Keflex(the antibiotic). The Xanax really takes the edge off for the first few days, but I wouldn't want to take it any longer than that. Make sure you check out that site I originally posted, and since you have time, you might like that ice mask from MakeMeHeal that is posted in that link.

Thanks sydney and dudley

I want to start off with the laser first. Hopefully erase some sun damge, wrinkles under the eyes, and lessen scarring. Then after the laser I will do some tca cross with another dermatologist I found. I will for sure take before and after photos for all of you to mark my progress. I dont expect miracles but an improvement in my skin would be great.

Yesterday was a hard day for me. I went to my familys house for a birthday party. Had to use the restroom and the lighting in there just made every detail of my skin super apparent. I couldnt stop looking as I cringed. My family all have great skin and I dont.

I started feeling down, came home and thought I really am going to make some changes in my life and start taking more care of myself and more pride in myself. Starting with eating better, drinking more water and hopefully getting my skin in better shape. Taking control makes me feel better and I am ready!

Thanks sydney and dudley

I want to start off with the laser first. Hopefully erase some sun damge, wrinkles under the eyes, and lessen scarring. Then after the laser I will do some tca cross with another dermatologist I found. I will for sure take before and after photos for all of you to mark my progress. I dont expect miracles but an improvement in my skin would be great.

Yesterday was a hard day for me. I went to my familys house for a birthday party. Had to use the restroom and the lighting in there just made every detail of my skin super apparent. I couldnt stop looking as I cringed. My family all have great skin and I dont.

I started feeling down, came home and thought I really am going to make some changes in my life and start taking more care of myself and more pride in myself. Starting with eating better, drinking more water and hopefully getting my skin in better shape. Taking control makes me feel better and I am ready!

you'll be fine. you have a big support network on here and you've already found two of the most promising treatments for your scars. you're now in a better position than a lot of poor scar sufferers :)