Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coLe

skin culture scar treatments...

Hello all,

I'm new to the board, and have been battling my acne for a few years now, and am finally on top of it. I am still concerned with scarring and red marks left over from my past, and have been looking into scar treatments. I came across a "do-it-yourself" skin peel that gets great reviews on their website, but how much can you trust that... Anyways, has anyone had any experience with these peels? I am thinking of trying the tester, which is an obvious thing to do, but it's still 40 some dollars, so I just wanted to see what you guys think. As far as my scarring I have 1 pitted scar to the right of my nose and a pretty harsh red mark on my right cheek, the left side of my face is completely clear... which i have never been able to figure out why I break out on my right side and not my left ... :unsure: If anyone has any recommendations on treating scars, or is familiar with these products I'd love some advice.

Thanks in advance...

coLe

Do you think it's more effective to pay for a professional facial, or do you think the at home one's are similar in effectiveness?

And I will check that site out thanks...

I would stay away from Skin Culture peels. Bad news ...

You might want to consider TCA CROSS for your pitted scar and a mild TCA peel or lactic acid for your red marks(s).

You can do the TCA and lactic at home. Read the TCA CROSS thread.

Hi, I was just about to start the Skin Culture tester, but am scared off by what I've read on this and other message boards.

I have one (yes just one!) pitted acne scar on my nose - what's the best, and safest treatment that anyone can recommend? Thanks.

John