Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there any sugar in champagne? I want to celibrate something with champagne, but I don't want to get a breakout.

I know rum has sugar in it.

Normally I just drink whisky, that does not break me out.

But this special occation ( World Cup final yeah baby ) requires champagne.

I know sugar is added somewhere in the process. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You could do a lot worse than drinking champagne for a special occasion.

Ethanol/alcohol raises blood sugar.

Any source for this? I have read exact opposite from many places.

Plenty. Check medscape. IF there's a blood glucose drop after alcohol ingestion it is in a reactive hypoglycemic fashion in response to the rapid elevation of blood glucose from the alcohol. That will only occur in someone who still has endogenous insulin production.

Here's just one: http://diabetes.webmd.com/drinking-alcohol

Ethanol/alcohol raises blood sugar.

So does protein. So what?

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=319

Alcohol is not low GI. That's what. Simple.

Food taken into the body increases blood glucose, however there are different levels of glycemic impact.

The raise in blood sugar from alcohol is rapid and not slow like from protein, so the potential for inflammation related to insulin release is much higher.

Alcohol raises blood sugar, even in a non-diabetic. Those articles are not scientific sources. Note, Phd, not doctor, wrote the second article. My 13 years of nursing experience and interest in diabetes, the kidney, and the pancreas as areas of study also prove otherwise. You may continue to think as you wish but you are wrong.

Why don't you buy a blood glucose monitor and drink a glass of beer/wine/whatever. Check your blood sugar before. Then check again within fifteen minutes of consuming it. Your blood sugar will be up. Then check again in another 15 minutes and your blood sugar may have already gone back to normal.

In someone who has reactive hypoglycemia, the blood glucose will rise and then the body releases an excess of insulin to take down the blood sugar and then the blood sugar will decrease to lower than what it was before.

Why don't you buy a blood glucose monitor and drink a glass of beer/wine/whatever.

We are talking about pure alcohol. Of course beer, wine or any other drink with carb content will rise blood sugar...

The OP is talking about champagne.

The OP is talking about champagne.

So you agree that pure alcohol (and some water) like vodka without any added sugar won't rise blood sugar? I'm not even 100% sure what's the reality but that's what most sources seem to suggest.

Nope. I did not say that, either.

*sigh* You go ahead and think as you like. Again, drink some 'pure alcohol' whatever that may be and check your blood sugar before and 15 minutes thereafter.

regardless of all that, it depends on WHAT champaign of course, as they are all different and contain different things, made with different grapes and made i different conditions and with different additives etc

If you are drinking some cheap sparkling wine or cheap moet champaign then of course it has probably had various additives added in the process, probably sugar to create the stronger alcohol and make it mature faster etc

If you drink proper champaign like a Louis roederer Cristal, or a Don perignon, then I don’t see what the problem is as its all natural and would be quite harmless. I never broke out after champaign, but then again I hardly ever drink the stuff if ever, considering its 3 to $500 a bottle