Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi. I just recently purchased some tea tree oil, and I was just browsing the topics on these messageboards about tea tree when I came across people mentioning manuka oil. So I went to this website, manukaoil.com, and they listed three different oils. The last one was lema oil, which is apparently a combination of manuka and tea tree oils... does anyone know if this can be used for acne? On the website is says that one of its uses is treating acne, but I still don't know.

Anyone heard of lema oil?

Just curious.

tea tree oil, manuka oil, and lema oil can all be used as antibacterial agents on the skin... but fighting acne requires more than just killing bacteria.

Well of course. I'm also on a BC pill and a topical to fight my acne; I just really need something that can keep my breakouts down. I just get scattered breakouts, and when I get a zit, it's there for like 2 weeks. :wall:

In this case, then yes, I think lema oil would work well for use on active spots and cysts. However, I think that 100% manuka would still be more effective. (if more expensive! rolleyes.gif )