Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyguys14

AIRBRUSH MAKEUP REVIEW :)

So I've tried 100's of foundations, they either make my skin look orange, pink, you can tell I'm wearing makeup, it looks cakey, looks shiny, wipes off easily, or makes my flaws MORE noticable.

Then I bought a good quality airbrush machine (Dinair), it sprays water-based foundation in a very light mist and tiny dots that lay on top of your skin. When you airbrush it on your not suppost to see where the makeup is, because you can't since the foundation is so unnoticable, you just have to watch your flaws dissapear.

I touched my face after and none of the foundation rubbed off on my hands, it didn't look like i was wearing makeup either, even when i looked really close up in the mirror in broad daylight. I have alot of acne scars and light indentations and light open pores in places on my face and it doesn't make them more noticable like regular foundation does, it actually caoflauges it. And i dont wear eye makeup or lipstick so when people see me they wont think im wearing any makeup.

I even saw this girl in HD applying the makeup and lots of people said "she has flawless skin without makeup" BUT she was already wearing airbrush makeup before she did the tutorial, she actually had acne scars, indentations, and active pimples...AND IT WAS IN H.D.!

I want every girl (or guy) to try this system out! I absolutly love it and just wanted to share with everyone :)

Positive things about it:

-doesn't rub off (at ALL, until you use makeup remover)

-sits on top of skin and doesnt get into my pores

-water-based

-healthier than regular foundations because u only use 5-10 drops for your whole face

-it comes w mist & glow which makes your skin look dewey and not cakey & u can use it as a primer

-it feels really cool when your applying it on your face

-hides all my red marks even in broad daylight with a super clear mirror up close

-no one can tell you have makeup on

-they give you 4 different shades

Negative things:

-It costs 199, but it was worth it

-takes about 30 min to put on and it takes practice to get it perfect!

First off, as this is my first post I would like to introduce myself (actually, more like my occupation). I am a straight male, and a Magician, I have been doing Magic for 20 plus years, and consider myself to be a master at my craft. I have been wearing facial foundation since I was 15 yrs old (29 now), mainly to my Magic Shows, but I will also apply foundation if I have a special event to attend, such as a wedding or even party situations, mainly to hide imperfections and to look my best (as anyone would want to). With that said, lets get to it! :)

I have pretty bad acne scarring on both sides of my face, mainly box scars and a few ice-pick scars. I was reading on these boards a while back about someone who covered there scarring using a Facial Peel mask, then applying make-up over it for a flawless look. The main problem with this was that the mask would start to peel along the edges throughout the day,and also there where like 8 steps to this process, I decided to try this for myself to see if this actually worked. I found some Grape seed (clear) peeling mask under my bathroom sink that I must have bought years ago. I applied a thin layer of this, set to dry, then patted my cheeks with foundation. To my surprise it WORKED! It looked totally natural and my face looked flawless, no scars to be seen. A couple minutes later though the mask started to peel, not good, so I went back to the thread I was reading on these forums and started to read the comments.

While I was reading through the comments in this thread someone mentioned wanting to experiment with Liquid Latex, which is, much more durable and stronger then a facial peeling mask, but also reacts just as a second skin would. After reading that comment a light bulb went off over my head.

From here I researched the living heck out of Liquid Latex (a weeks worth being on the computer for hours on end each day), and found that yes, this was the solution I was looking for.

The next thing I needed was a way of applying make-up on the Liquid Latex without contacting the Latex, basically to avoid any-sort of peeling and/or distortion of the Latex. This is where Airbrushing came into the equation.

After literally a month of research on Airbrushing systems, I chose the Dinair due to there reputation and the quality of reviews.

So, what I plan on doing is simple, apply a very thin layer of Liquid Latex over my cheeks/scared area, then applying the airbrush foundation throughout the entire face & forehead areas. I am extremely confident this process will work and look natural (I would not have invested $250 bucks if I did not believe in this idea), considering this is the almost exact same process Hollywood used in movies such as Big Mommas House, Etc, to make the faces of the actors look natural (though theirs was more of a mask, it was still made from Latex and Airbrushed).

If I can pull this off, this will be my ultimate Illusion. :) I'll get back to everyone next week with the results, I'm sure there will be a good amount of trial and error, but as a magician, I am used to this. If I can get this looking natural I will make a video for everyone to see and also post some before and after shots.

Ether

Edited by EtherMagic

Is the foundation non-comedogenic? With how it stays i would be worried about clogging my pores more. How long have you been using and has it not effected your skin?

^^^ Personally, if I where you I would go to Dinair official web-site, it will teach you a ton and educate you on everything Airbrush.

Just type in Dinair in a google search and it will be the very first link.

Magic

As much as I love makeup, airbrushing is just too much for me. For me, the initial investment plus all the refills/cartridges aren't worth it. Tinted moisturizer or mineral makeup for me! I am interested in your experiences with airbrushing makeup, though.

Ooo pls before and after pics please! Cant wait. I really wanna try liquid latex but I'm scared that it will make me break out since it's like a barrier btw the skin. Looking forward to ur pics! If its successful, u should do a video too! Keep us updated!!

first time hearing about the liquid latex - hows does the skin breathe?

for this dinair. do you have to use their foundation when you refill or any foundation will do?

for this dinair. do you have to use their foundation when you refill or any foundation will do?

Yes you can, it has to be a water based foundation though. You cannot use Silicone based foundation in the Dinair gun due to the compressor size. There is a girl on UTube by the name of xsparkage who has reviews on all the Airbrush namebrands out there. There are alot of Vids out there on Airbrush systems, I find her vids the most informative. BTW, she prefers Dinair over the rest.

Some quick facts on Liquid Latex....

liquid latex shrinks 3% to create that sensuous 'second skin' sensation.

Q..Can skin breath under Liquid Latex?

A..Yes. The skin breathes under Liquid Latex. Theres nothing toxic in it to be absorbed into the skin.

Q..What does it feel like to wear Liquid Latex?

A.. Liquid Latex will shrink about 3-4% as it dries. That will make it fit snuggly. Sometimes there may be a very slight itching sensation for a few minutes as it shrinks and your skin begins to breath underneath, but it will subside quickly. Then it will feel like a second skin.

Q..How long can you safely wear it?

A..Indefinitely. As long as your comfortable, you should be safe. Your skin will breath under the latex.

Q..Are there any additional benefits from using Liquid Latex on my skin?

A..Actually, there is one relatively unpublicized benefit of liquid latex use. After removing the dried liquid latex coating, your skin will be left with a ‘silky smooth’ feel - much like a baby’s behind - and all your surface pores will have been thoroughly cleansed. In fact, there's a good chance that your complexion may have never looked better!

Q..Whats the best way to apply Liquid Latex?

A..Use a foam brush or foam roller for smooth, even application. Liquid Latex dries quickly on brushes, so be sure to have a good supply of fresh, clean foam brushes. An airbrush, weve been told, is a great application method, but you have to now which type of airbrush to use. Liquid Latex can also be applied with the hands, but won't get smooth results.

Now let me note, all Liquid Latex currently had ammonia in it as a preservative, but through my research I found an Ammonia Free Liquid Latex by the name of Liquid Latex Fashions that came out not long ago, so you have a choice.

As I stated, I will have a update once all my stuff arrives next week. As I stated, I'm hoping to have before and after pics and also a vid for you guys ASAP. I very confident in what I'll be working with :)

Ether

Edited by EtherMagic
This is extremely interesting, Magic. It makes sense that it would work. Please keep us posted.

I watch xsparkage as well, btw.

My Liquid Latex is arriving today! :) I had a problem with my Airbrush order so had to ask for an immediate intercept on my package. I decided to order a professional Airbrush kit thru Temptu with a much more powerful compressor and Iwata Airbrush gun, it's costing me about $100 more then originally planned, but this will be a "Professional Kit", the kind they use in solons and for weddings. I did this because with this new system I will be able to use any Airbrush foundation from any company including Dinair, Temptu, OCC, Kett, Etc. With Dinairs system the compressor is not powerful enough to use other brands, as Dinair is an extreme waterbased foundation and is very thin, there compressor is not strong enough to handle pushing out thicker Airbrush foundation, this decission leaves me open to more options.

The kit takes almost a week to ship cause it is being ordered directly through the manufacturer, so I'm guessing about another week and a half until I recieve the my Airbrush kit.

Hahaha While typing this the UPS man just dropped off my Liquid Latex!!! WoooHooo! :D What a coincidence :)

I'm gonna toy with this Latex right now, I'll give a update shortly :)

Ether

Edited by EtherMagic

UPDATE: OK guys, you are NOT going to believe this but... THIS STUFF IS INCREDIBLE, it WORKS better then I thought it would!!!! It totally masks my indented scars with what feels and reacts just as REAL skin would!!! It's has a tad-bit shine to it, but nothing major, the shine is gone with a lite application of baby powder rubbed over it.

I put foundation over it and my scars VANISHED!!! I will say though, it does not look totally perfect yet, this is where the airbrush comes in. Just as I thought, trying to spread foundation over it by touching the face/skin/latex does not give a total even complexion , it's not bad at all, this was the exact reason for me ordering the airbrush. My plan is on track and I'm thrilled with the results of the latex, much much better & stronger then the peeling mask, this stuff will not peel, it's very durable!

I am 100%, and I mean 100% CERTAIN that not only will this process work to eliminate the appearance of acne scarring, but it will look AMAZING and totally natural as-well!!! The really cool part is that you cannot tell where the Latex ends on the skin, it totally blends in, which is something I was not expecting! Another thing I was not expecting was how natural it feels on the skin, I thought it was gonna feel like a balloon rapped on my face, not so. I was also worried about the latex wrinkling up when I smiled, which it does not, it reacts just as my skin would.

As you guys can see I am thrilled beyond belief, my gamble is paying off :D

Ether

Edited by EtherMagic

Glad it is working out for you! What did you order exactly? Does it dry fast after using a foam brush? If you guys want a cheaper version of airbrush makeup I have been using guerlain powder mist in light, it is a bronzer you spray on. However the light is still pretty dark for me so I blend it with water. Can you put water over the latex once it is dry? Will it smudge? Thanks!

^^^ I ordered Maximum Impact Liquid Latex. I went with the Latex with Ammonia in it because I ordered so much, I wanted to make sure it preserves itself well over time.

I ordered my Airbrush kit from Laurel Cosmetics. Its a kit for only $289.95, it comes with a Supermax compressor capable of up to 40psi (if sold by itself is $200), a Iwata Eclipse Airbrush (best Airbrush for makeup in the business!), a Temptu 12 pack of .25oz foundation kit, and a Temptu DVD which teaches everything needed to know about how to apply Airbrush ($60 value if bought alone).

For basically only $89.95 more I'm getting a professional kit as apposed to these tiny consumer home versions which have many limitations.

It's funny because I have been wondering the same thing about applying water to the Latex, and whats even funnier is I forgot to test it out! :0 From my experience I say a def YES, water will not effect it! My brush was soaked with water while applying the Latex the second and 3rd time (from washing it off from prior application), it did not effect the outcome. Also, from peeling it off my face the latex came off extremely stretchy, as if I was peeling off an extremely thin rubber glove. Latex is basically rubber, infact it's made from 80% rubber, and water does not effect rubber.

More to come :)

Ether

^^^ I believe it was LiquidLatex.net. I'll find out for you once I get home.

A quick note, applying anything over 3 layers of Latex starts to look unnatural with facial expressions (obvious it would). 2 layers are probably best from my experience so far. Can't wait till my Airbrush arrives :D

Updates coming :)

Ether

Edited by EtherMagic
First off, as this is my first post I would like to introduce myself (actually, more like my occupation). I am a straight male, and a Magician, I have been doing Magic for 20 plus years, and consider myself to be a master at my craft. I have been wearing facial foundation since I was 15 yrs old (29 now), mainly to my Magic Shows, but I will also apply foundation if I have a special event to attend, such as a wedding or even party situations, mainly to hide imperfections and to look my best (as anyone would want to). With that said, lets get to it! :)

I have pretty bad acne scarring on both sides of my face, mainly box scars and a few ice-pick scars. I was reading on these boards a while back about someone who covered there scarring using a Facial Peel mask, then applying make-up over it for a flawless look. The main problem with this was that the mask would start to peel along the edges throughout the day,and also there where like 8 steps to this process, I decided to try this for myself to see if this actually worked. I found some Grape seed (clear) peeling mask under my bathroom sink that I must have bought years ago. I applied a thin layer of this, set to dry, then patted my cheeks with foundation. To my surprise it WORKED! It looked totally natural and my face looked flawless, no scars to be seen. A couple minutes later though the mask started to peel, not good, so I went back to the thread I was reading on these forums and started to read the comments.

While I was reading through the comments in this thread someone mentioned wanting to experiment with Liquid Latex, which is, much more durable and stronger then a facial peeling mask, but also reacts just as a second skin would. After reading that comment a light bulb went off over my head.

From here I researched the living heck out of Liquid Latex (a weeks worth being on the computer for hours on end each day), and found that yes, this was the solution I was looking for.

The next thing I needed was a way of applying make-up on the Liquid Latex without contacting the Latex, basically to avoid any-sort of peeling and/or distortion of the Latex. This is where Airbrushing came into the equation.

After literally a month of research on Airbrushing systems, I chose the Dinair due to there reputation and the quality of reviews.

So, what I plan on doing is simple, apply a very thin layer of Liquid Latex over my cheeks/scared area, then applying the airbrush foundation throughout the entire face & forehead areas. I am extremely confident this process will work and look natural (I would not have invested $250 bucks if I did not believe in this idea), considering this is the almost exact same process Hollywood used in movies such as Big Mommas House, Etc, to make the faces of the actors look natural (though theirs was more of a mask, it was still made from Latex and Airbrushed).

If I can pull this off, this will be my ultimate Illusion. :) I'll get back to everyone next week with the results, I'm sure there will be a good amount of trial and error, but as a magician, I am used to this. If I can get this looking natural I will make a video for everyone to see and also post some before and after shots.

Ether

Really good post! thanks :)