Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had been using a combo of both Botchla's and Dan's regimen, that i had posted earlier. I had my acne cleared but i still had oily skin. So i decided to try the Acne Cure, but with a tweak. (Sometimes i think i know more than some dermotalogists cuz i have been looking all over for the perfect cure). this is my Regimen that has really cut down on my Oils.

1. Pure Zone Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser: 2% SA

The reason it works is b'cuz it is formulated for Oily skin, and has Dermo-Complex to make sure not to dry out skin, which would increase oil production.

Tip: Oily skin people need Gel Cleansers to wash their face.

2. Proactiv Toner: 6% GA

This helps heal all the red marks left behind by the pimples. It is also good if step one dries you out a little.

Tip: Great for Oily skin, cuz it doesn't have Alcohol that would dry out skin.

3. Euricen Moisturizer: Spf15

this is the best for oily skin. It is non-cogmedic, oil-free, non-irritant, and non-acnegenic; meaning it wont cause acne.

Those are the steps i use every morning. At night, i only do Step 1, and i use proactiv's Repair Lotion, which is 2.5% BP, because the Neutrogena on the spot, is to bulky to put it on all over the face. Neutrogena is made for Spots of Acne, not for the whole face.

Also another tip is to get new shampoo. Use a shampoo that is made for Oily hair. I use Suave Normal to Oily Hair. It is about $1.00. Very cheap at Walmart. Your hair does have something to do with your skins oils.

i know this regimen might seem expensive and you might not want to try it. I am just posting what is working for me. If you can find substitutes of the steps with a product which is cheaper in price let me know. Thanks.

actually I'm basically using a same regimen as you but no glycolic acid, I thought that the AHA in Eucerin would help fade my red marks or am I wrong

actually I did some research on goverment medical websites (reliable sources) and found that Proctiv Toner contains Glycolic Acid and Eucerin Renewal contains Lactic Acid which are both the same thing AHA (Alpha Hydroxy) They are just different variations which do the same thing.

Here's the Source:

To find out if a cosmetic contains an AHA, look on the list of ingredients all cosmetics must, by law, have on their outer packaging. AHA ingredients may be listed as:

* glycolic acid

* lactic acid

* malic acid

* citric acid

* glycolic acid + ammonium glycolate

* alpha-hydroxyethanoic acid + ammonium alpha-hydroxyethanoate

* alpha-hydroxyoctanoic acid

* alpha-hydroxycaprylic acid

* hydroxycaprylic acid

* mixed fruit acid

* tri-alpha hydroxy fruit acids

* triple fruit acid

* sugar cane extract

* alpha hydroxy and botanical complex

* L-alpha hydroxy acid

* glycomer in crosslinked fatty acids alpha nutrium (three AHAs).

Of these, the most frequently used in cosmetics are glycolic acid and lactic acid.