Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ccjk

did it really come to this.

fuck i cant get away from acne. ive tried everything. the only thing left for me is accutaine. ive tried not to take that drug because its fucking toxic, but i feel like thats my only chance of getting clear. i know the side effects of taking that drug, but im afraid it might fuck me over for the rest of my life. having everlasting problems. i dont want to have joint pain for the rest of my life or hair loss; just shit like that. i just dont know.

Edited by ccjk

long lasting side effects are the rare side effects. many people have taken accutane once, twice, or three times without long term effects.

Just the obvious ones: red, dry, peeling skin, chapped lips, dry skin everywhere actually, sensitivity to sun, yadda yadda yadda

if acne is something thats really bothering u, uve tried everything, then give accutane a shot. they monitor your blood work and the moment something strange happens u can just go off.

Maybe there's hope for you. A New Zealand study showed that using low doses of Accutane (10-20 mg) was "quite adequate for most individuals with acne vulgaris", while significantly reducing the side effects:

Newspaper article

Study abstract

If you feel Accutane is your last resort, I wouldn't worry about the side effects beforehand (they might not even happen for you). You're being monitored continuously, you can always stop. Just discuss this with your derm. Good luck!