Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This regimen has worked great! Clear skin for the last 2 months since I started using it. But now I have a new problem......it has caused me to have very large, visible pores. I did not have this previously.

I've also noticed that my skin looks really shiny with everything from the regimen. Especially now that it's hot out, I get a greasy/shiny looking face.

Now I'm not sure if I'd rather have the pimples, or the greasy skin with big pores.

Has anyone else have this problem, or have some suggestions how to fix this??

This regimen has worked great! Clear skin for the last 2 months since I started using it. But now I have a new problem......it has caused me to have very large, visible pores. I did not have this previously.

I've also noticed that my skin looks really shiny with everything from the regimen. Especially now that it's hot out, I get a greasy/shiny looking face.

Now I'm not sure if I'd rather have the pimples, or the greasy skin with big pores.

Has anyone else have this problem, or have some suggestions how to fix this??

I had this happen to me too. I think it's mainly the BP opening and cleaning all the pores. I've found that my pores became less visible over time. However, even after 4 years on the regimen I still have somewhat visible pores. But they're not huge, and look normal now. So I would say that over time they might go down in size. They have special pore refining creams and masks that you can use, but I personally don't recommend using other products along with the regimen as it might cause irritation due to fragrance or harshness, or a change in the balance of your skin. But if it's really bothering you, I guess it's worth a try.

I find that napkins work great as oil blotters. Just take some generic napkins (those cheap, kitchen ones) and just blot your face with it. This will remove shine and excess oils from your face so it doesn't look as shiny. I always find it amazing when I blot my face with a napkin how oily the napkin is afterward, hahaha.

Hope this helped :)

I had this happen to me too. I think it's mainly the BP opening and cleaning all the pores. I've found that my pores became less visible over time. However, even after 4 years on the regimen I still have somewhat visible pores. But they're not huge, and look normal now. So I would say that over time they might go down in size. They have special pore refining creams and masks that you can use, but I personally don't recommend using other products along with the regimen as it might cause irritation due to fragrance or harshness, or a change in the balance of your skin. But if it's really bothering you, I guess it's worth a try.

I find that napkins work great as oil blotters. Just take some generic napkins (those cheap, kitchen ones) and just blot your face with it. This will remove shine and excess oils from your face so it doesn't look as shiny. I always find it amazing when I blot my face with a napkin how oily the napkin is afterward, hahaha.

Hope this helped :)

Thanks for the reply. That is helpful.

How long was it before your pores became less visible? Mine have made me look at least 5 years older.

couple things you can use as far as OTC products, what i found helped my pores was high doses of vitamin b5.

How high??

couple things you can use as far as OTC products, what i found helped my pores was high doses of vitamin b5.

How high??

this is a great thread for anyone interested in Vitamin B5:

Vitamin B5

when i used it, i never went to the full 20G. i just started at 10G, then after about a month when i saw some really solid improvement, i kept bringing it down about a gram a week, making sure the dose I still took was effective. I only take 4G a day now, and its still very effective. it's known to really help acne as well, but i had that under control when i started taking it, i was just trying to overall improve the skin/pores quality.

Edited by Rawlin67