Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnehit20

Hey guyz New to the site... Help!

Hey guyz i was reading all your posts since a long time and decided that the only thing which could work for my scars(indents) is a dermaroller ...Ive included a pic in here...I was confused between the 1.5 and 0.5 which

one would be better for my skin i have never used any product on my skin..

post-132845-1278490302_thumb.jpg

My pic

Thanks

post-132845-1278490302_thumb.jpg

Edited by acnehit20

Welcome :)

Though I personally haven't worked up the courage to use my dermaroller yet, from what I understand, the 1.5 is what you'll want to start off with to restructure your scars and stimulate collagen growth. The 0.5 is primarily for product penetration and won't do anything much for the scars.

I'm sure those on here that have successfully dermarolled will be able to help you loads more than I. I just wanted to pass along the information I've learned from reading all the rolling threads.

Best of luck and I hope this works for you!

God Bless.

You can try dermarolling. But the broad depressions are treatable by subcision or silicone filler. The more sharp looking scars by punch grafts.

Either way, very minor scarring...you can even grow a bit of a stubble to hide it all.

Welcome :)

Though I personally haven't worked up the courage to use my dermaroller yet, from what I understand, the 1.5 is what you'll want to start off with to restructure your scars and stimulate collagen growth. The 0.5 is primarily for product penetration and won't do anything much for the scars.

I'm sure those on here that have successfully dermarolled will be able to help you loads more than I. I just wanted to pass along the information I've learned from reading all the rolling threads.

Best of luck and I hope this works for you!

God Bless.

I have to agree mild scarring. But I totally relate. This is my opinion only but I have the dermaroller and I think the thing is stupid and a waste of time but that is only my opinion

I have to agree mild scarring. But I totally relate. This is my opinion only but I have the dermaroller and I think the thing is stupid and a waste of time but that is only my opinion

I'll have to disagree, we've seen lots of people on this board who had success with micro-needling. The science behind the procedure is the same as the Fraxel, with the only difference - it's a lot cheaper and the more imprortant it doesn't burn out the epidermis!

despite, what some of the greedy derms might say to sell the laser to you, dermaroller does work!

I'll have to disagree, we've seen lots of people on this board who had success with micro-needling. The science behind the procedure is the same as the Fraxel, with the only difference - it's a lot cheaper and the more imprortant it doesn't burn out the epidermis!

despite, what some of the greedy derms might say to sell the laser to you, dermaroller does work!

for the scars here the dermaroller should work. mainly because they are very wide and not too deep. for jackieys scarring and even mine, it wouldnt do too much. our scars are too narrow and the dermaroller just wouldnt get into them. its not to say the procedure doesnt work, it just doesnt work for some types of scars. we need to be mindful of that before we just say, oh it doesnt work. we dont want to turn people away from something that might benefit them greatly.

benni - ive been thinking about the simularities and differences between fraxel and the dermaroller. certainly, the 1.5mm dermaroller is equivalent to fraxel repair on its highest setting so in theory it should be equal. i remember reading that fraxel operating at 70mjs should reach a depth of almost 1.5mm.

despite this, there is one critical difference we need to be aware of. fraxel actually burns the skin and in the process heats it up. the heating of the skin causes more damage than simply needling it. so the fraxel should lead to a better result. if only we heat the skin or burn it in the process (of needling), the results would be far greater.

Edited by sydney_fellow

the closest thing to that is radiofrequency needling in japan. the machine inserts lots of 1.5 mm needles into the dermis and later, the tip of the needle sends out radio frequency to stimulate/shock the skin a bit to give it a kick, pushing it to produce more collagen.

for the scars here the dermaroller should work. mainly because they are very wide and not too deep. for jackieys scarring and even mine, it wouldnt do too much. our scars are too narrow and the dermaroller just wouldnt get into them. its not to say the procedure doesnt work, it just doesnt work for some types of scars. we need to be mindful of that before we just say, oh it doesnt work. we dont want to turn people away from something that might benefit them greatly.

benni - ive been thinking about the simularities and differences between fraxel and the dermaroller. certainly, the 1.5mm dermaroller is equivalent to fraxel repair on its highest setting so in theory it should be equal. i remember reading that fraxel operating at 70mjs should reach a depth of almost 1.5mm.

despite this, there is one critical difference we need to be aware of. fraxel actually burns the skin and in the process heats it up. the heating of the skin causes more damage than simply needling it. so the fraxel should lead to a better result. if only we heat the skin or burn it in the process (of needling), the results would be far greater.

I'm totally with you, but the critical difference that you've mentioned - could be good for ones, but may be bad for the others, Angela Walker for example (follow the link) http://www.realself.com/review/do-not-do-f...ined-face-burns. I feel trully sorry for this person, which just wanted a better skin tone, but died (?!) because of the damage caused by the laser, both, physically and emotionally, despite the fact that docs claim, that Fraxel couldn't cause anything like this, well, just follow the link above and you'll get to know that it actually can and may Angela rest in peace, as for all the greedy, heartless assholes which are selling unsafe products to desperate people, well, may those (pardon me) fuckers burn in hell!

I certainly do not want to discourage anyone on this board to get a Fraxel or any other laser procedure done, I do know that there were some people here that had significant results with it, but still, there are more people, which have spent tons of $ and ended up with 0% improvement and that's including me.

Edited by Benni B.

I'm totally with you, but the critical difference that you've mentioned - could be good for ones, but may be bad for the others, Angela Walker for example (follow the link) http://www.realself.com/review/do-not-do-f...ined-face-burns. I feel trully sorry for this person, which just wanted a better skin tone, but died (?!) because of the damage caused by the laser, both, physically and emotionally, despite the fact that docs claim, that Fraxel couldn't cause anything like this, well, just follow the link above and you'll get to know that it actually can and may Angela rest in peace, as for all the greedy, heartless assholes which are selling unsafe products to desperate people, well, may those (pardon me) fuckers burn in hell!

I certainly do not want to discourage anyone on this board to get a Fraxel or any other laser procedure done, I do know that there were some people here that had significant results with it, but still, there are more people, which have spent tons of $ and ended up with 0% improvement and that's including me.

you bring up an important point benni. the majority of people who get laser treatments see little to no results. i began emailing members a while back who have had different laser treatments and basically asked how they found it. the majority said they had little improvement, much like you suggest. i spoke to a few who compared these treatments to their fraxel repair treatment and they all say their improvement was more noticable with this laser. they all seemed happy with it. so it seems fraxel repair is better than the other ones ones out there. there was a technology thread which found why it was better too. then we have poor angela. she spent a long time at home after it all went wrong and her wounds wouldnt heal. her lesions and scarring were so bad, it was mentioned in her autopsy. i cannot remember how she died, i remember something happened in her brain. whilst it of course cannot be linked to the laser, the stress she must have been under from it all couldnt have helped. things like this make me very fearful of fraxel. at the same time, the potential for improvement is there and i know it wont stop me going for it and perhaps many others. i think what scares me the most is i think i same skin type as the the lady above. i know i do have very sensitive skin, at the same time it has held up well with all the peels etc. im not too sure where this post is going, but ive said what i needed to. we both seem to have pretty similar ideas treatment wise.

benni, which laser treatment did you go for exactly? i was thinking of having a repair done once i finish my many tca cross sessions. just to smooth the whole thing out. alternatively ive been thinking of having needling done and then applying tca acid when i get home. i had pretty alright results with that in the past.

Edited by sydney_fellow

sydney_fellow,

maybe you can ask for a spot test with fraxel repair, somwhere on the side of your cheeks. See how your skin heals in 2 weeks and if it goes well, then you can go for the full thing. I think ALL doctors should offer test spots nowadays because no one knows for sure if that particular patient's skin can handle it or not.

I asked for that with fraxel restore from this own derm place and they did it for me (back in feb 2010). I ended up not following through with fraxel restore though because i found out that it doesnt do anythign for scars, only pigment and fine lines.

sydney_fellow,

maybe you can ask for a spot test with fraxel repair, somwhere on the side of your cheeks. See how your skin heals in 2 weeks and if it goes well, then you can go for the full thing. I think ALL doctors should offer test spots nowadays because no one knows for sure if that particular patient's skin can handle it or not.

I asked for that with fraxel restore from this own derm place and they did it for me (back in feb 2010). I ended up not following through with fraxel restore though because i found out that it doesnt do anythign for scars, only pigment and fine lines.

that might just be an idea. oh the cheeks you say. hmm i should do that.

Edited by sydney_fellow

Thanks a Lot guyz i ordered my 1.5 derma roller today .......would roll!! and post the results...Ill be using neosporin,then retin a 0.0025 after the rolling and then aloevera in the morning to repair the skin

Thanks for all your help :):)