Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soccerplayer

What can I do for my Bacne? PICS!

I am 16 years old, male. I mostly have acne on my jawline, a bit on the face, and a lot on my upper back (on and close to shoulder blades).

I have had this since I was about 14 years old, the jawline acne is more recent just less than this past year I would say. I have tried creams prescribed by doctors and tetracycline prescribed by a derm. which had no results.

I just went to see a new derm about 3 weeks ago almost and he prescribed antibiotics: Amoxicillin 3x500mg a day, its day 18 (almost 3weeks) and I see no improvement. He did say that I wouldnt notice any improvement until 3 or 4 weeks in, and full effect by 3 months. But whats your opinion.

I currently wash my back with Panoxyl 10% BP wash and leave it on in the hsower for 2 minutes or so before rinsing off. I just recently started putting lemon juice from a bottle on my back at night, then astringent with 2% salicylic acid on my back in the morning.

i want Accutane but I have no insurance and my parents can't afford the high costs monthly.

I attached pics of my back.

Any thoughts?

post-125438-1278473600_thumb.jpg

post-125438-1278473600_thumb.jpg

Honestly, you are not that bad. At worst, I'd say your bacne is mild. Plus you are 16, you're still going through puberty, these things are bound to happen.

I've heard using regular basic Head & Shoulders as a body wash really works, so I'd try that.

In addition to that -- You definitely do NOT need accutane right now. That stuff is way to harsh for the level of acne you have. Accutane is sort of a last resort kind of drug.

Honestly, you are not that bad. At worst, I'd say your bacne is mild. Plus you are 16, you're still going through puberty, these things are bound to happen.

I've heard using regular basic Head & Shoulders as a body wash really works, so I'd try that.

In addition to that -- You definitely do NOT need accutane right now. That stuff is way to harsh for the level of acne you have. Accutane is sort of a last resort kind of drug.

Thanks a lot. I think it's a bit worse than mild, I thought more like moderate at least. I mean I wonder what it looks like to other people, because to me from close it looks NASTY. And I am always backing out of my friends invitations to go swimming because I'm afraid its really gross to them, which is kind of depressing because I love swimming and spending time with my friends would be awesome but I can't get myself to do it.

I did try head and shoulders for a week, and I stopped because I got 2 breakouts (which made me think it wasnt working) but now looking back I feel like maybe it did help and those were just breakouts bound to occur, so I'm gonna start using it again as of today. And I guess you are right about Accutane.

Thanks a lot for your response.

I'm feeling lazy so I'm going to shorthand this response.

1) It's not that bad at all, and you should go swimming. I know that logically understanding that doesn't help much, but yeah. The chlorine might help clear you up neway.

2) Use Dan's benzoyl peroxide. A lot of it. The skin on your back can take it.

3) Use a strong chemical exfoliant.

a) Alpha Hydroxy Acid => glycolic acid => Dan's AHA+ is great (have to order online), or try Walgreen's Alpha Hydroxy cream => use generously!

b) Beta Hydroxy Acid => harder to find and more expensive, so you probably won't be able to use as much as you should => Paula's Choice BHA gel (have to order online), or try Dermarest Psoriasis Medicated Skin Treatment (available at Walgreens).

4) Physically exfoliate with a washcloth. Again, the skin on your back can (probably) take it. You'll find out pretty quickly.

Order or buy these products TODAY. Then a week from now you'll be like "why didn't I do this earlier?".

i have bacne as well and your bacne is not severe at all...you can treat this easily.....i would continue washing your back with the stuff in the shower....also if you ever work out make sure you take a shower right after.......also i reccomend taking omega 3 fish oil daily....and make sure not to eat any dairy products and drink lots of water.....also you should find a product to put on your back when you get out of the shower....i would use either the acne.org aha 10% lotion or murad exfoliating acne treatment gel which you can buy on ebay .....well i hope this helps...make sure you post your results :drool:

Hi, Soccerplayer. Try Adult Acnomel every night for a week and see if that helps. It's sulfur based and cleared up both of my teenager's bacne perfectly. Dan recommended it and so we thought we'd give it a try. It literally cleared my daughter in less than a week. It's a bit drying a few days in but you can preceed the application with a little moisturizer of your choosing. Good luck. Oh, we found it at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I've been using Ellen Lange's Glycolic Pads and it has been working wonders.

These pads contain glycolic acid combined with the proven acne fighting ingredient salicylic acid which speeds up the removal of dead skin cells that can interfere with the proper oil drainage of the skin. Salicylic acid helps to reduce the number of acne blemishes and blackheads and allows the skin to heal. You can find them at *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. * Good luck! :dance:

Edited by AKL

I would suggest getting a culture/biopsy done at a lab.

It's weird how doctors always think that bacteria could be causing this.

Don't play along with the guessing games that doctors enjoy so very much.

Good luck I hope it gets better soon

2 topics merged.

@OP: Please refrain from cross-posting to keep the boards healthy. Make sure to post a new topic in one forum only. Thanks!

Hi there,

I feel your pain. I suffered acne on my back, and no matter how much (or little) product I tried, I could not clear it.

The doctor suggested a course of Roaccutane, but I have sensitive skin and I just knew my body would suffer from the drug's nasty side effects so I decided to try one last thing.

I am based in Sydney, Australia and went to see Celebrity Cosmetics- an aesthetic clinic in Abbotsford.

I underwent a treatment called Photodynamic therapy. This was performed by a qualified doctor. It kills the bacteria's DNA.

The results were amazing and will regular maintenance I have not suffered any back acne for AGES!

I'm not sure where you are based, but I'm sure you can contact them and they can put you in touch with the right people. I also had some of my acne scarring treated by them.

Good luck. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by TanyaN