Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sanderella24

Revlon Color stay.

Ivory might not be pink enough, though. This line of foundations seem to run warm - yellow and peach. Unfortunate for those with cool skin tones because it's a great foundation! Their lightest color is also too dark for pale skin as Vampireninja vouched for

Color Stay smells bad and feels bad on. :( I tried it once and threw out the bottle right away.

I've been using colorstay for a few years, I feel it's pretty good. I'm pale with yellow undertones and use Buff... it matches my skin perfectly in winter (need to switch now that it's summer and I have a little more of a glow). I have the opposite problem, most all pale foundations run too pink for me!

I've been using colorstay for a few years, I feel it's pretty good. I'm pale with yellow undertones and use Buff... it matches my skin perfectly in winter (need to switch now that it's summer and I have a little more of a glow). I have the opposite problem, most all pale foundations run too pink for me!

Lol same here. Before I started using ColorStay almost everything was too pink. Unfortunate for those with pink tones but I can't lie when I say I'm so happy these foundations run yellow!

That's odd that it smelled bad, Wynne :confused:. I've never noticed the smell but I do use it with rose water - is it possible that it went bad some how?

Lol same here. Before I started using ColorStay almost everything was too pink. Unfortunate for those with pink tones but I can't lie when I say I'm so happy these foundations run yellow!

That's odd that it smelled bad, Wynne :confused:. I've never noticed the smell but I do use it with rose water - is it possible that it went bad some how?

It had a floral scent I couldn't stomach. Perhaps that's because it was the soft flex version. Wow, it was way too strong a scent!

I think colorstay smells like iron :shrug:

and actually leona, I totally think colorstay is too pink for me! I can't find a matching color as you already know, my latest purchase was sand beige and it's way too pale and pink for me :wacko:

so far i've used toast, medium beige, true beige, natural tan and sand beige

maybe it's time to give up!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

Maybe your skin has a lot more peach or yellow in it? Typically, (I think) beiges are neutral, not too yellow or pink. While I lean towards warm, I'm close to neutral but definitely not cool! Sand beige is what I'm using now with a slight tan and it suits me pretty well so I would imagine it'd be too light for you! I do believe your skin is darker than mine :think:

yesss im definitely tanner than you are, youre paler and prettier :P

and wow, as i was reading your response, my sister handed me the camera, im gonna take a pic of my neck in natural light :)

wait for my pic!!!

Edited by Intoxifornication

hmm.. What do you use then?!?! hehe

Well right now, I'm using Loreal Infallible in true ivory...and my sister looked at me and told me it was too dark still, but it also runs kind of yellow. I'm glad she gives me honest answers. I need better lighting apparently. I've also been using the Loreal True Match in porcealin, but that's for neutral skin tones...so it just doesn't look right on me. I think it's time for me to starting look at department store ones again. :|

And, I really like the smell of colorstay, honestly. Maybe I'm the only one, lol.

Edited by Vampireninja09

yesss im definitely tanner than you are, youre paler and prettier :P

and wow, as i was reading your response, my sister handed me the camera, im gonna take a pic of my neck in natural light :)

wait for my pic!!!

lol Marisa, I'm about to go to Target and by that Boots foundation!! I'll try and take note of their colors but they look so different in the bottle/jar sometimes!

(sorry for hijacking)

I wonder if there are samples of Color Stay at stores so I could go sniff them to refresh my memory about the scent. :think: It just can't be as bad as I remember....*shudder* :lol:

Lol Wynne

That's tough, Marisa. I'm horrible at picking colors for others! What really confuses me is that to me your skin tone looks pink-ish to me :wacko:.

What colors look best on you, Marisa?

BTW, I just came back with the Boots foundation, they all seemed dark to me!!! I bought the lightest one which might work for me during the summer but yeah.....they might work for you. I think two looked pinkish and two looked yellowish, one of which was REALLY yellow (called "suede")

I wonder if there are samples of Color Stay at stores so I could go sniff them to refresh my memory about the scent. :think: It just can't be as bad as I remember....*shudder* :lol:

Or you could just lift off the lid, and take a quick whiff, and put the lid back on. Then there's no harm done. I think it smells like....well, paint, sort of. I do like it though :lol:

lol that's cool amanda, it makes me feel dirty though (the smell) like a dirty rugged guy lol

A dirty rugged guy.. :(. ah well, to each their own. :shrug:

Edited by Vampireninja09

I'd have to take off the protective plastic and I don't do that unless I've bought the product. It's one of my foibles. :lol:

I'd have to take off the protective plastic and I don't do that unless I've bought the product. It's one of my foibles. :lol:

Oh! The ones in your store has protective plastic! :o The ones in my store don't have that. Just the bottles, and a price sticker. One time, I actually asked the lady restocking the colorstays at Walmart why they did that, and she said that the customers liked to see the product.

I'd never buy a product that has the plastic removed. There are too many weirdos out there! And I KNOW people stick their dirty fingers on foundations to check for color matches...maybe not on the face but still, they touch it with their hands that likely haven't been washed enough. :lol: Yeah, ok, so there shows my nurse experiences. :P

Nothing wrong with that! It is gross, I agree....now that I think about it, I don't know why I ever did buy it like that. >_<

Edited by Vampireninja09