Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Big_joe

They gave me face numbing cream. (Emla) and said theyre gonna do a procedure involving hot needles... What are they gonna do to me??

I went to the dermatologist and he gave me cream, facewash and tablets. But then he gave me 'Emla cream' which then numbs my face and told me in 3 months, I have to go to the dermatologist, put the cream on my face for 40 minutes and then they're going to do something which involves hot needles or something?

Has anyone ever heard of this? What's it called? and what does it do? And how effective is it with acne?

Thanks.

Edited by Big_joe

I've been looking for a little while and all I know still is that the Emla cream is for when they insert the needles :redface: If a dermatologist has given it to you for you acne, then I guess it's going to help it :confused: Could you not ring up or pay another visit to find out a little more information?

I've been checking online and i've just came accross 'dermarolling' which looks like it's going to make my face all bloody :s Hmm...

If your going to numb your face you shouldn't feel anything, might be a little messy though :confused:

Hyfrecation!

Thats what it's called! It's for blackheads, thats all I know. I got a letter from my dermatologist today and found the name.