Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helio

10% Sulfur + Lotion cleared up my severe acne

I use the Acne Free sulfur mask every night and haven't had issues with it drying my skin yet. To the person in Canada, Walmart should have have the Acne Free sulfur mask, but you may have to order the De La Cruz ointment off of Ebay like I did because my Walgreens must be the only one in the US who doesn't sell it in the store.

I want to give an update on how this 10% Sulfur lotion is working out for me. It cleared up 90% of my cysts. I have two small ones right now, but i can deal with those. They are really small anyhow. I am so so happy with this.The only thing i don't like is that it's incredibly drying. The first week i looked like a snake. I just used cetaphil and a little jojoba oil and i was fine. Now i'm just applying it to the areas where i get cysts which is my jawline. It's working. I think I'm going to buy some sulfur soap, since this is working wonders. I hope some of you have had success with this too

I've been using this for a couple of weeks now, I truly think sulfur works for me. I'm sure it's not for everyone. Anyhow, I hope you guys find something that will work for you. Thank you to all who have posted on here, you guys are sooo helpful.

I was wondering how did it take for your acne to clear up after using the sulfur?

For me, it has taken me the last month to become completely clear with no active pimples or marks. And I use a sulfur mask and a sulfur ointment everyday to maintain staying clear.

i'm in canada and couldn't find it so i went to a compounding pharmacy and they sold me sulfur powder 100 grams for $5.

i'll be mixing 1 tsp sulfur powder with 9 tsp of something oily (whatever i can find in my house) tonight and giving it a try.

I haven't visited these forums in such a long time since my fight with acne seems to be over, but I feel I have an obligation to return and share what worked for me.

I'll start with a little background info. I've had severe acne for about 6 years now, and only last year have I finally had success with it. I've tried so many different products: benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, mandelic acid, glycolic acid, tea tree oil, clindamycin, tretinoin...the list can continue for a whole page! What I discovered was that while my acne was cleared to an extent, I could never stop breakouts from happening. I think that is the reason I never cleared my acne, I couldn't stop new pimples from forming.

So one day while I was perusing in Walmart, I found this little orange jar labeled 10% Sulfur Acne Cream for like..under $4. I had tried sulfur products in the past and they seemed to work as a spot treatment. I've never tried it as an all-over treatment because it was too harsh. But this had me thinking...if I mixed sulfur and lotion to make it more soothing, it could work.

For the next week, I got a dab of the sulfur cream and a squirt of Cetaphil lotion and mixed it by rubbing my palms together. I applied this once every night. Within a week, my acne had totally cleared. This was shocking, as I've never, ever had a time where I had no active pimples on my skin.

Of course, within a few days, some sprouted up. But they quickly disappeared and since then, I have had a few pop up but no breakouts. I think the reason I had the initial breakout was because sulfur "pulls up" all of the sebum, bringing it to the surface.

As for my scars, I still have the holes, but I did swim a lot and tanned away the discoloration. I do believe sunlight helps with acne.

Thanks for reading this, and if any of you are pondering whether or not to try it - all I have to say is, it worked for me. I suffered for years and years before finally trying this. I'm not going to claim that this is a miracle product, because we all know everyone responds differently.

In short (for the lazy readers):

I mixed a dab of $4 Sulfur Acne Cream (found in Walmart but I've seen it at so many different stores) with some lotion and it cleared my severe acne. Sulfur is normally used as a spot treatment because it is very drying, but I figured if used with lotion, the lotion would counteract the dryness.

I look forward to your replies and please feel free to ask any questions.

I haven't visited these forums in such a long time since my fight with acne seems to be over, but I feel I have aOn obligation to return and share what worked for me.

I'll start with a little background info. I've had severe acne for about 6 years now, and only last year have I finally had success with it. I've tried so many different products: benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, mandelic acid, glycolic acid, tea tree oil, clindamycin, tretinoin...the list can continue for a whole page! What I discovered was that while my acne was cleared to an extent, I could never stop breakouts from happening. I think that is the reason I never cleared my acne, I couldn't stop new pimples from forming.

So one day while I was perusing in Walmart, I found this little orange jar labeled 10% Sulfur Acne Cream for like..under $4. I had tried sulfur products in the past and they seemed to work as a spot treatment. I've never tried it as an all-over treatment because it was too harsh. But this had me thinking...if I mixed sulfur and lotion to make it more soothing, it could work.

For the next week, I got a dab of the sulfur cream and a squirt of Cetaphil lotion and mixed it by rubbing my palms together. I applied this once every night. Within a week, my acne had totally cleared. This was shocking, as I've never, ever had a time where I had no active pimples on my skin.

Of course, within a few days, some sprouted up. But they quickly disappeared and since then, I have had a few pop up but no breakouts. I think the reason I had the initial breakout was because sulfur "pulls up" all of the sebum, bringing it to the surface.

As for my scars, I still have the holes, but I did swim a lot and tanned away the discoloration. I do believe sunlight helps with acne.

Thanks for reading this, and if any of you are pondering whether or not to try it - all I have to say is, it worked for me. I suffered for years and years before finally trying this. I'm not going to claim that this is a miracle product, because we all know everyone responds differently.

In short (for the lazy readers):

I mixed a dab of $4 Sulfur Acne Cream (found in Walmart but I've seen it at so many different stores) with some lotion and it cleared my severe acne. Sulfur is normally used as a spot treatment because it is very drying, but I figured if used with lotion, the lotion would counteract the dryness.

I look forward to your replies and please feel free to ask any questions.

I was wondering how did it take for your acne to clear up after using the sulfur?

For me, it has taken me the last month to become completely clear with no active pimples or marks. And I use a sulfur mask and a sulfur ointment everyday to maintain staying clear.

I've been using a sulfur mask and it has helped but I am still breaking out a lot. Is this normal because I have read that the sulfur brings the dirt and oil to the surface. Once All this has been brought to the surface do u think I won't have so many breakouts? What was your experience? Thank you for the advice, guess I just have to try and stay positive. :)

Tiffani, that's usually what happens, you break out, when you first start using this stuff because IT DOES bring up all the dirt and oil to the surface.

Helio and something else talk about this in this thread somewhere at the end of the 1st page and at the beginning of the 2nd page. Look over it and i believe you should find it...

And like you said and they said in the thread, you shouldn't have too many breakouts afterwards... that's how it happened with me.

Also i got the WALGREENS Store to order it from their online store and have it delivered to their store.

PEPPERMINT OR WHOEVER can help me out with this, where do you get the jojoba oil and what kind?

thank you

i am a new member 2 this site however, i feel like fate has bought me here. i will def. try the sulfar treatment and post a response on how things are working 4 me. Wish me luck! & thanks 2 every1 for your input as I am sure you all know how frustrating acne can be.

read the past pages. i think it's de la cruz brand but since they don't sell it in canada, i've had to make my own. if you live in the states, you should have no problem finding it at walmart or drugstores.

Tiffani, that's usually what happens, you break out, when you first start using this stuff because IT DOES bring up all the dirt and oil to the surface.

Helio and something else talk about this in this thread somewhere at the end of the 1st page and at the beginning of the 2nd page. Look over it and i believe you should find it...

And like you said and they said in the thread, you shouldn't have too many breakouts afterwards... that's how it happened with me.

Also i got the WALGREENS Store to order it from their online store and have it delivered to their store.

PEPPERMINT OR WHOEVER can help me out with this, where do you get the jojoba oil and what kind?

thank you

Thanks sito I see the thread now. I'm still breaking out but think maybe I'm almost done purging :) I've been using it for two weeks now. Still hoping for the best. Good luck to you!

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted in a year or more but I just wanted to drop in and update. Recently a lot of people have been asking me for acne help and I recommended sulfur, which reminded me that I posted this thread. My skin continues to be clear from using sulfur, although recently I've started using mandelic acid as well. I don't have perfect skin and still get the occasional zit, but having severe acne before...I'm so grateful for my results.