Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DmitryGee

Need help with a regimen

So let me start from the beginning. Last summer is when my acne first started; my face was literally filled with papules and pustules after the first month. I worked my way up to Benzac AC 10% and oral antibiotics, and used them for about 5 months. Finally, around new year's time, my face was decent. Although my face was never completely clear, I still was happy enough with it.

At the beginning of this summer, I went out in the sun for one day, and my face was ALMOST clear the next day. It looked perfect, but up close you could see a few little bumps here and there. However, my happiness didn't last because it got really humid, and I was required to bike quite often, after which it was hard to wash myself for at least 5-6 hours. My skin began to get worse again.

Now, there has been about 80-90% humidity outside, with 33 degrees Celsius heat before humidex, and my skin is looking worse than it has in almost 6-7 months. This is only 2-3 days into the humidity... so I'm really dreading the pattern that might form from this.

So I just need some help to prevent the horror that might arise from this.

Right now I use:

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 55 whenever I go out into the sun

Spectrojel as a before and after bed (I try my best to keep it 12h apart)

The Shoppers around me has:

Various Moisturizers

Benzagel 5%

Clearasil 5%

What I'm thinking is because of the humidity and heat, my oil glands are in overdrive right now (my skin is pretty oily as it is.. I didn't even dry out from 10% BP when I used it morning and night). To counteract this I want to use some sort of BP to help with the oiliness, and maybe a moisturizer if you guys think it is a good idea regardless of the oiliness of my skin.

So what I'm asking is, what moisturizers are good for oily skin (if needed) and if Benzagel would be a good idea in my situation. Oh yeah, and I don't have to bike anymore, so that isn't a problem.

Edited by DmitryGee

For the moisturizer, I swear by Jojoba Oil.

And for the oiliness - before I discovered I was allergic to gluten, I would have to carry wipes around with me, to get the oil off my face. By 2 o'clock, my face would literally be dripping in oil - and that's no exaggeration. So, after switching my diet, my oil production normalized. This may or may not be what's causing your problem, but still, I recommend getting tested for certain allergies.