Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarednow

Dermabrasion How Long?

Hi Guys,

I had my dermabrasion 3 weeks ago.I just wanted to know from anyone who has done a dermabrasion that after how long do you look normal.I know collagens fill in for upto 6 months but what I am asking is when does the redness fade(which is where the scars were) and when does the skin get its normal colour back(from the pinkness).

I am a male so make up is out of the question.I was hoping that in another 4-6 weeks I will look absolutely normal.That makes it a total of 2 months after the surgery.

Am I being ambitious.

how bad was your scar? and do you have a picture? You should use sunblock and lotion not too much but you need to use it, This is very important. so let me say it again lotion and sunblock. try to get a lotion sunblock in one bottle cuz too much lotion is bad too.

I would also suggest getting on some type of antibiotic if your doctor oks. You only need to do this for a few months until skin has settled down. You DO NOT want to have a break out during this time. Ditto on the sunblock and also try not to get overheated and sweat. Treat your skin as gentle as you would a baby. This is a major ordeal for your skin and it needs TLC.

im going in about late september for dermabrasion and im a bit scared do you have any pic i could look at? and could you tell me about your experience? thanks christen

Scarednow,

I had dermabrasion also about 4 weeks ago. I am still pink everywhere and splotcy(in small areas). That is completely normal. I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but I was told that the pinkness could last for anywhere from 3 mos. to 6 mos. afterward, just depending on your skin type.

Hi Sydney,

Well dermabrasion is not a good experience.Specially the week after it when you cant sleeep on your side and cant open your mouth properly.

Regarding the results the pits are shallower but its less than expected.As I mentioned the scars are still red so at this stage its still looks worse than before(nearly 4 weeks) and if you are not strong you can get disillusioned as you dont feel like meeting new people and when you meet people you know you are a bit embarrassed.

I hope all of this is worth it.Maybe when the scar redness fades(dont know when and would appreciate if anyone who has done a dermabrasion can tell me.I am not asking about the pinkness of the skin)I will see the real results.

You could try using the amino-plex spray to speed up the healing process. I'm not sure how it works in conjunction with dermabrasion, but people have had good results using it after needling and laser treatments.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. smile.gif