Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wowacne

Bad oily skin, hot skin, body heat, breakouts

My body is generally warm and I tend to sweat really really easily in hot weather and sweat extensively when playing sports. Heat in my body, don’t digest well, sweat easily, don’t sleep well and acne on face and shoulders.

I had acne and it is much better now after the treatment except that I get a few breakouts here and there. But I still have really bad oily skin.

Does anybody know or had this problem or any solution to this problem?

Moved to oily skin issues.

Only one topic in one forum is necessary. All your other identical topics are now either closed or invisible.

Yea. Extensive sweating on the face as well, expecially on my forehead area, which is very oily and breakout prone.

if it were only that simple..

I've had this for over 2 years. I've pretty much tried everything.

I really need help.

Edited by wowacne

Ihave this same issue. I get hot really easily and then start to sweat almost immediately. And when I play sports my face sweats up the most. I hate it. I've told my lady that I think there is something wrong with me because I sweat so easily and it is mostly on my face. I also have oily skin and do not know what to do. I think it may be internal. I've tried saw palmetto, tea tree oil, fish oil, and am trying safflower oil right now. i've also tried a number of different cleansers with very little luck. any help would be greatly appreciated

It is not about the T levels, that is an obvious place to look. The answers are never in obvious places.

How was your acne treated? Are you continuing to use that treatment?

Sorry to bring up the obvious, but couldn't it simply be hyperhidrosis? What makes you think you have problems with digestion? Are your sleep problems a direct result of sweating, or a separate symptom you think could be related?

I have an above average body temperature, always have - but I don't see it as a negative. I don't have problems with sweating - in fact, until I started gaining some muscle, I was sweating less than normal (but not to a pathological extent).

Look get your blood work checked out. See a doctor.

It could be many things from autoimmune disease, IBS, to anxiety.

We cannot give you the answer.

Get a full checkup.

Interesting, thanks soosyv! Though to be fair, there's probably a million things that affect the body temperature set point... the thyroid for example.

That is the problem with acne, when your skin cannot deal with weather changes. I suggest to use an egg mask once a week and try some moisturizer with some fatty acid that make your face less oily (research and test). Jojoba oil may help and a paper to clean/absorb the oil. Drink water also and remember, changes needs time like most regimen.

I will try the jojoba oil.

What is the egg mask?

Could it potentially cause breakouts?

Is this for oily skin? How should I apply this?

egg mask has the effect to quickly lower your body temp, but the effects are temporary as in a few minutes(15-30min).

regarding drinking water someone stated before, yes, I did notice that instead of producing oil every hour or so, the time lengthened to approx. 2hours. But this was through drinking water religiously(one glass with every bathroom break and only noticed results after a few days) and forcing the body to cool down through excessive water intake is not an answer =]

I wish someone knew the exact answer for oily skin. Seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there with nothing solid. My guess is that it is something internal. Trying to do things topically may only help temporarily. If we can find the source and attack it there then i think we find the answer to the oily skin issue.