Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rko

scars and rosacea

I have fairly light scarring from acne.. but this past week my face has felt very weird.. a bit warm and burning.. and my skin tone is a bit uneven.. needless to say, my scars look HORRIBLE now.

Is this rosacea? If so, can rosacea make acne scars look worse than usual?

I'm trying to get an appointment with a derm to be properly diagnosed. This has persisted for a week, and I've never had this feeling in my face before.. i' 32.. fairly dark skin, male.

Also it seems to be getting worse by the day.. i have never had any sort of problems.. and now my skin also feels dry on top of it all.

Some things i have used in the past week (but have always used these things and have never had problems) that may explain:

1) Johnson and Johnson clean and clear - always used to work great , now makes my face redder

2) Kombucha Tea

3) Alot of strenuous exercise - more than usual as i started a regimen called p90x

4) may have used the soap at work to wash my face as I was feeling a bit oily.. but have done this in the past..

I don't know what is happening, but from what I have been reading this is a chronic condition that is not easy to reverse and i am freaked out. I do feel warm in my cheeks, and it is sensitive and burning. I have so many other dermatological issues (i.e. hair loss that I've managed to keep at bay, barely), acne scars, etc.. that this is driving me insane. All my problems are mild.. but they are happening at the same time, and this new redness is making my face and existing scars look very very bad.

OMG I'm experiencing the SAME issues right now!!!

I've had this flushing issue since October 2009........it got better for a bit........but over the past 3-4 days my skin is like red, dry, irritated, and BURNING.........it feels like someone has put acid or fire on my skin! And my skin just flakes off it's so dry..........it looks like it's just breaking down or something. It's burning hot to the touch...........I have no idea wtf is wrong with me. I'm trying to moisturize but that just seems to burn my skin worse............

I wonder if your p90x has something to do with it? My problems all started after a wedding I went to Saturday night that was outside in 90 degree weather, with all the dancing, sweating, etc........I'm wondering if that's contributing?

I hope you can get into your derm earlier than me.......my appointment isn't until January 2011, not sure if I can make it until then feeling this way all the time :(

Think VERY CAREFULLY about what has changed in your life, this possibly sounds like you've introduced a new irritant and are unaware of it or perhaps there was a chemical burn of some kind.

Back when my skin used to do this (I had this problem post accutane but it completely went away after a while...minus the seb derm) I found that VASELINE helped quite a bit to allow the skin to recover when I would gently apply it.

If it's a new irritant that you introduced, it could be anything. New shaving gel, new hair gel, new shampoo, someone even found out that a new shaver was the problem. If you're following the nutrition plan on p90x, are there new protein shakes or supplements of some kind that you're taking in?

Edited by Someguy238

Think VERY CAREFULLY about what has changed in your life, this possibly sounds like you've introduced a new irritant and are unaware of it or perhaps there was a chemical burn of some kind.

Back when my skin used to do this (I had this problem post accutane but it completely went away after a while...minus the seb derm) I found that VASELINE helped quite a bit to allow the skin to recover when I would gently apply it.

If it's a new irritant that you introduced, it could be anything. New shaving gel, new hair gel, new shampoo, someone even found out that a new shaver was the problem. If you're following the nutrition plan on p90x, are there new protein shakes or supplements of some kind that you're taking in?

Nope.. no protein shakes.. i did switch to a new brand of kombucha.. used a facial cleaner at my house that was EIGHT years old.. yet he uses it with no problem.. i don't think anything else. I did have a CRAZY weekend of drinking and smoking right before it happened.. so perhaps that was it.

Things are much better now.. I'm still going to see a derm, and still probably want to throw in a filler on my light scars to patch them up for the next year.