Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So while stressed about work, I picked a pimple under my nose. It was just a little raw spot.

Now it seems to have expanded! It's all red and crusty and huge. :doh:

I have a trip to go on on the 14th and I really want this to be healed by then. I started taking antibiotics.

I need tips, please!

Also, how long do you think it will take to heal. I picked it on Friday.

Eek! If you can find Wynne somewhere on the boards she has a specific link for this. But I would put Neosporin on it all the time when you are home, it really helps my wounds heal faster/better. I am sorry :(

PS. Don't scrub it, put hot or warm water on it, or topicals except healing agents.

Eek! If you can find Wynne somewhere on the boards she has a specific link for this. But I would put Neosporin on it all the time when you are home, it really helps my wounds heal faster/better. I am sorry :(

PS. Don't scrub it, put hot or warm water on it, or topicals except healing agents.

Thank you! I'll look her up. Yeah, my mom got me the Neosporin Cream with Pain Relief. I love it, this thing hurts so bad because every time my mouth moves, it moves!

I'll make sure not to scrub it, I think that's how I made it even more large and raw. I just wanted it to be smoother. :( And I also didn't know about the hot or warm water. I'll remember that! Thank you so much for replying.

Thank you! I'll look her up. Yeah, my mom got me the Neosporin Cream with Pain Relief. I love it, this thing hurts so bad because every time my mouth moves, it moves!

I'll make sure not to scrub it, I think that's how I made it even more large and raw. I just wanted it to be smoother. :( And I also didn't know about the hot or warm water. I'll remember that! Thank you so much for replying.

Ahh I have the same one, it's great!! Yep, it seems like it could help to scrub but I think it just pulls the skin apart even more and ruins existing scabs. I hate crunchy looking blemishes, but I have just had to learn to moisturize and not pick or scrub them, so hard sometimes. They usually just fall off eventually. Way better to have a smaller spot later than a large one eh? :( Stinking things! And of course, anytime :dance:

Guest beccaboo00

honestly the best thing is neosporin and do not touch it at all.

also hot compresses help the healing process but dont push hard.

vit e over the neosporin at night helps alot in scar treatment.

wash it super gently and use something to clean it i use witch hazel toner dickonson's brand.

if you have a day where your not doing anything sit at home and keep applying neosporin and vit e together i have the same problem right not on my cheek and its only been one day since i actually popped it and it looks much smaller less red and all around better.

oh make a cup of green tea squeeze some juice out of the bag but not all of it and wipe it on your face green tea is powerful and this makes your skin better all around. also drink it its exactly what your body needs.

i really hope i helped let me know if this worked at all. :)

Guest beccaboo00

oh i have one more thing that i do if you have a scab dont pick it but take a nail file and file it not to hard and not to where youre rubbing the skin around but this helps take a big rough scab and smooth it so its much easier to cover with make up and when it comes off it just looks like dry skin instead of a huge chunk of scab and the color looks better instead of dark red or brown it goes to a light pinkish so its not as noticable. but only do this if the scab is raised.

honestly the best thing is neosporin and do not touch it at all.

also hot compresses help the healing process but dont push hard.

vit e over the neosporin at night helps alot in scar treatment.

wash it super gently and use something to clean it i use witch hazel toner dickonson's brand.

if you have a day where your not doing anything sit at home and keep applying neosporin and vit e together i have the same problem right not on my cheek and its only been one day since i actually popped it and it looks much smaller less red and all around better.

oh make a cup of green tea squeeze some juice out of the bag but not all of it and wipe it on your face green tea is powerful and this makes your skin better all around. also drink it its exactly what your body needs.

i really hope i helped let me know if this worked at all. :)

Thank you for recommending Neosporin. I realize now why it's so much better than the generic brand I've been using.

When you look at the inactive ingredients on the generic brand, it only has light mineral oil and white petroleum.

However, when you look at the inactive ingredients in the Neosporin, it has cocoa butter, cottonseed oil, olive oil, vitamin E, and white petroleum. As far as I'm concerned, that sounds much healthier and natural!

Thank you for your help! I'll make sure to try the green tea as well.

I PICKED IT MORE AND MADE IT WORSE. UGH.

STOP IT!! STTTTOOOOPPP!

:wall: I hate my hands. And my OCD. And acne.