Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When it's time for me to apply my moisturizer I notice the BP clumps up as I put the moisturizer on and I have to take white clumps off my face. Does this happen to anyone else?

never had that happen to me and i only used bp at night as a treatment.

but i would r'mend Simple. I also hear good things about Olay Regenerist.

This can happen sometimes but it often depends on which products you are using. A gel-based bp is less likely to do this, and some moisturizers work better than others.

Which products are you using? Maybe we can make some recommendations for you.

This can happen sometimes but it often depends on which products you are using. A gel-based bp is less likely to do this, and some moisturizers work better than others.

I am using the Acne.org BP and CeraVe Lotion

You just have to find a moisturizer that won't do this.. I know Curel and Cetaphil (the moisturizer) are really bad.

I use "Gold Bond Ultimate" (sounds like a movie... ) and have had no problems, I know aveeno works well too. You could also try just adding some jojoba straight to your BP gel.

This just starting happening because now I'm using the full 2 pumps.

You can try adding a few drops of jojoba oil to the CeraVe lotion and see if that helps, or try another moisturizer from our list. http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php

Make sure you have rubbed the bp in well and waited the full ten minutes before applying the moisturizer. Also, when you are applying your moisturizer, apply it gently using outward strokes rather than smearing around in circles.

You can try adding a few drops of jojoba oil to the CeraVe lotion and see if that helps, or try another moisturizer from our list. http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php

Make sure you have rubbed the bp in well and waited the full ten minutes before applying the moisturizer. Also, when you are applying your moisturizer, apply it gently using outward strokes rather than smearing around in circles.

Thank you for your help. I do use jojoba oil and I do all that other good stuff. Do you think the BP clumping off makes it less effective?

Nope:)

I noticed once I increased the amount of bp I was using that there was more clumping than ever. I just take them off. The only way to fix it is to get a gel based bp from the site or if you can find one another gel based one it would work too :)

I would recommend skipping moisturizing after applying BP at night. BP is meant to be drying. Moisturizing is meant to put moisture back in. You're counteracting the two. If you're real flakey, several times a week prior to applying your BP, do a gentle baking soda exfoliation scrub (use Arm & Hammer). Your BP will work better if it's not having to compete with a bunch of other products. Ice your skin for 3-5 minutes before applying the BP. This will make it sink into your face better and will also reduce redness from the medication. Additionally, if you're getting small whiteheads, stop using the CeraVe or Cetaphil. Both my daughters and I could not use those (and a lot of other people). They are very moisturizing, but they clog pores like crazy. The only two moisturizers I ever found that did not clog were Proactive's and Lumiplexion, although I have not used Proactive's in many years and can't say whether or not they've changed their formula.