Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

does anybody have any good tips or ways for helping me get rid of my blackheads? I've had them since........4EVER!! please try to help me i NEED to get rid of these blackheads.... :sad:

If you've had blackheads for a long time without success in getting rid of them, then it's probably due to a clogged liver. Your liver has to be healthy to be able to fully cleanse your pores (especially those on the nose). I'm sure there are good makeups and lotions to help "cover it up" that other folks around here can recommend, but I believe the only way to cure the cause of the problem is to clear the liver of stones through a liver flush. It is a chore to go through, but if you're willing it can be very beneficial to your skin and overall health.

There are plenty of threads on this site on how to do liver flushes if you're interested.

Hope that helps.

Oh, now this is funny. So are you claiming that the liver, not the blood, endocrine system, the skin itself, or anything else, is solely responsible for cleansing pores? Amazing how being all the way there inside it can cleanse every pore anyway.

How old are you? I really don't understand how anyone can claim that someone who's 20 has a "clogged liver;" anyone with that much liver congestion would die by 30. Beyond that, everyone who flushes just uses the same CureZone arguments (and those guys are like the PETA of medicine) and doesn't really come up with any cause for how a 13-year-old kid has a terribly congested liver. Anyone ever heard of one of them getting an ultrasound that finds them clear of liverstones and then they still "flush" out some "stones?" No, I haven't heard of that either.

Because, clearly, that'd prove them wrong.

I'm new to these boards, but I do know that you a against alternative medicine. You seem very set in your ways, so I wonder if it's even worth answering your questions at all, knowing that you probably will refute them automatically anyway.

Ohh well.

Oh, now this is funny. So are you claiming that the liver, not the blood, endocrine system, the skin itself, or anything else, is solely responsible for cleansing pores? Amazing how being all the way there inside it can cleanse every pore anyway.

That movie was created in such a way that no one on the planet would ever do that. Do you get 3 SUPERSIZED meals a day, EVERY day at McDonalds? No.

1) You did say that the liver cleans the pores.

2) If that food is "extremely toxic," how do we live so long? The lifespan, despite our amazing POISON INTAKE, is still increasing.

And the body's last defense is through the skin? Why's that? The skin is the largest organ in the body. Are your kidney's clogged? Your heart? I'd think that would be the "last defense."

neither of you make a compelling case... however, i do agree that many young americans may have tortured livers from all the junk food... and in some cases all the magic mushrooms :mrgreen:

That movie was created in such a way that no one on the planet would ever do that. Do you get 3 SUPERSIZED meals a day, EVERY day at McDonalds? No.

1) You did say that the liver cleans the pores.

2) If that food is "extremely toxic," how do we live so long? The lifespan, despite our amazing POISON INTAKE, is still increasing.

And the body's last defense is through the skin? Why's that? The skin is the largest organ in the body. Are your kidney's clogged? Your heart? I'd think that would be the "last defense."

<<The Liver is not the only skin cleanser; I never said that. BUT, the liver is very important for healing (that would include acne, and blackheads). That's the job of the liver: to eliminate toxins (also very important for clear skin), creating bile and aids significantly in skin healing among other things. This is common liver knowledge. Do an internet search if you don't believe me.>>

Just for fun, I did do an internet search...all the sites I could find that had "liver" and "healing" or "skin healing" together WERE alternative medicine or holistic sites.

I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong. The liver does perform many functions. However, because the liver is so vital, I think anyone should be careful when trying to "fix" something with this organ.

Just my opinion.

<<We live for so long? What news channel do you watch? Cancer is on the rise significantly, diabetes are more and more common, Alzheimer's disease, stroke, heart attack, among many others. Did you know alot of theses diseases weren't even around 100 years ago? It's true. For example, skin cancer only came into existence around the 1940s and 50s!>>

Actually there were cases of skin cancer in the 1930s. Unfortunately, I cannot find any info to confirm if this is when it truly first appeared.

Our diets do certainly affect our health, and can be major contributing factors in strokes and heart attacks, which you mentioned above. However, I have yet to see anyone make any strong case for diet and Alzheimers (which many are starting to suspect may be caused by prions or is at least very similar to prion diseases) or diet and cancer.

Fact: 50 to 60 percent of all Americans will get cancer! And every year that percentage gets higher.

Fact: People are living longer and longer with chronic disease. This would not be the case if, as you claimed, we are poisoning ourselves so greatly at 15.

I never knew "god" didn't mean for us to produce our own food. Crazy. Clearly, "god" prefers that we die from starvation than produce foods that we can always have around.

And you implied that the movie showed just how much we poison ourselves. That's like me saying that any use of marijuana is terrible by saying "Watch a movie where a man smoked 10 joints a day" when trying to cover my ass and using the example on a teenager who smokes once a month.

Everything in moderation is the key -- but you are at a loss for why, if we poison ourselves half to death by 15, we live so long. We live to about 77 years on average while countries eating "What god wanted us to eat" die in their 40s (see damn-near any African country; many of them eat only what god wanted them to eat).

<<We live for so long? What news channel do you watch? Cancer is on the rise significantly, diabetes are more and more common, Alzheimer's disease, stroke, heart attack, among many others. Did you know alot of theses diseases weren't even around 100 years ago? It's true. For example, skin cancer only came into existence around the 1940s and 50s!>>

Actually there were cases of skin cancer in the 1930s.  Unfortunately, I cannot find any info to confirm if this is when it truly first appeared.

Our diets do certainly affect our health, and can be major contributing factors in strokes and heart attacks, which you mentioned above.  However, I have yet to see anyone make any strong case for diet and Alzheimers (which many are starting to suspect may be caused by prions or is at least very similar to prion diseases) or diet and cancer.

<<Well, no matter if it started around the 30s 40s or 50s, it's still a very recent disease. LOL, it's absolutely hilarious listening to these doctors try to tell us that skin cancer is caused by the sun biggrin.gif . If it truly is the sun's fault, then the people pre 20th century must've had some super secret super powerful sunscreen lotion to protect them from the evil sun for thousand of years. rolleyes.gif

The sun hasn't changed over the last 70, 80 years but our diets sure have.>>

As I said previously, I could not find any information to confirm that it truly started in the 30s.

I don't know if you've ever heard of thymine dimers, so I'll just go ahead and explain what they are quickly.

Each DNA molecule in our body is a two-stranded chain shaped into a double helix. Each strand is made up of nucleotides. Nucleotides consist of a sugar (in the case of DNA, deoxyribose), a phosphate group, and a nitrogenous base. There are four nitrogenous bases: adenine, guanine, cytosine, and THYMINE.

Exposure to ultraviolet rays is known to cause thymine dimers; it is not the only possible cause of course, but this is known to be true. Thymine dimers can, in turn, cause--you guessed it!--skin cancer.

If you believe the sun is not involved, then please explain why skin cancer is more common in the sunny, southern areas of the United States. Also, could you explain why it is more common in fair-skinned people and certain ethnic groups with fair complexions, such as the Irish and northern Italians? I seriously doubt diet has a lot to do with it because last time I checked, southerners definitely don't eat food similar to Italy or Ireland (and I should know since I grew up in Texas but now live in New Jersey and married into an Italian and Irish family). Italian food and Irish food are also very different from one another.

Yes, there are other possible causes of skin cancer, such as x-rays and certain chemicals. But to ignore the sun is just...well...irresponsible.

Maybe the sun hasn't changed, as you said, but our exposure to it sure has. One of the big reasons environmentalists are concerned about the hole in the ozone layer is because the ozone layer absorbs UV radiation.

Edited by holly_lujah

actually, indigenous peolpe eating an indigenous diet are the healthiest devoid of chronic disease and live the longest>using africa as a broad example is, well, whatever since AIDS is so rampant there. but americans are the most obese and unhealthiest population based on diet primarily it seems. Also, the liver is a major cleanser of toxins, and yes it helps ease the burden of PORES having to clean out toxins...ever see a person sweat and get the shakes if they hold their pee in too log, they literally start to SWEAT , it has regenerative potential unlike other organs and I think switiching to a better diet while supplementing with herbs proven to help liver function( ie milk thistle) may be all one needs to help repair it or make it function better. Basically, easing the burden the liver has. Also drinking A LOT of water>since good old fashioned water is reponsible for most if not all chem reactions in the body and you'll die from dehydration a lot faster than from starvation. All this CAN dramatically improve the skin (ever heard of jaundice??? hep or alcoholism for example) along with general health>Look at MaryScary's album and how great her skin cleared up adding milk thistle with minor use of topicals. Living longer with chronic disease ain't exactly a good argument, i'd rather die than live long with a shitload of health complaints...

As a side note, People should stop trying to act all pretentious like little science geniuses, I'm actually tired of seeing that, it comes off looking annoying not smart>just give your opinion, why you support it and that should be enuf for it to speak for itself>

You definitely brought up a good point about the milk thistle. My father has hepatitis C and takes this.

<<As a side note, People should stop trying to act all pretentious like little science geniuses, I'm actually tired of seeing that, it comes off looking annoying not smart>just give your opinion, why you support it and that should be enuf for it to speak for itself>>

If you're talking about me, I'd just like to say, please don't jump to any conclusions, thinking I'm trying to sound like a "science genius", as you said. I am a scientist, as a matter of fact, and I'm simply trying to use what I know to contribute to the conversation and help in any way possible. Please remember, I suffer from breakouts too. That's why I come here.

For BLACKHEADS, baking soda is a nice, gentle exfoliant that can help with get rid of them!

People didn't get it hundred's of years ago because they either lived in constant sunlight or in very little. All white people (and others) decended from black people and ever wonder why black people do not burn nearly as much? Melanin. Yay.

Over time, we've sheltered from sunlight and lived in less sunny enviroments so we get burned less. For hundreds of years in Europe, beauty was considered "achieved" when someone was very very pale.

It has nothing to do with diet -- only with how we handle sun. It's coincidence, then, that the "tan" look started becoming popular within the last 60 years.