Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
singingfool

Should I completely begin the regimen?

I do the regimen every morning but at night I use a tretinoin prescribed by my doctor. I've been on it for a long time without much improvement. Should I just quit it and start going on The Regimen?

Since I quit using Differin on my forehead and just did the regimen I have noticed great improvements since then. Using a retinoid and BP at the same time increases barrier damage, which is your skin's ability to repair and retain moisture. I'd reccomend strongly to choose one or the other.

Since I quit using Differin on my forehead and just did the regimen I have noticed great improvements since then. Using a retinoid and BP at the same time increases barrier damage, which is your skin's ability to repair and retain moisture. I'd reccomend strongly to choose one or the other.

Thanks! I think I will go on the Regimen :)

Good luck! : )

And once you're about a month in (or if you already are) I recommend AHA. I think it's done a lot for my red marks in even a week's time.

My skin cleared up tremendously after I quit the tretinoin and went on the regimen. I've tried using products with retinol (including some from Paula's Choice, whom I love) several times afterwards but I always, without exception, broke out.