Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oily33

Skinoren / Finacea making acne worse

Hello Everyone ,

I am a 33 yr. old female with oily skin and enlarged pores . My acne seems to get worse as I get older . I started using Skinoren about 3 months ago and it caused me to get whiteheads and blackheads , and I also kept getting pimples( although not as red as before ). I switched to Finacea a month ago because I thought maybe the gel would be less greasy and it would cause less pore clogging. I started out with acne just on my chin and a few clogged pores . Now I have tons of clogged pores , and my nose and cheeks are breaking out constantly. The new pimples aren't clearing up . I now have a huge pimple on my cheek . It may be a cyst because there is no puss in it . It's been just sitting there for 2 weeks ! I am so frustrated ! I researched azelaic acid for weeks and thought it was also supposed to help with oil production , but my face is still a grease fest with more acne than when I started . I wash my face 2 times daily with mild cleanser and apply the Finacea morning and evening . Has this happened to anyone else ? Any advice will be greatly appreciated . Thank You All !

Do you know if Skinoren is the generic of Azelex. I asked my doctor for an rx of the generix Azelex....but he isn't sure if they have one. I heard that this was the generic...but I'm not so sure. Thanks!